It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Radio Signal UVB-76 has stopped transmitting.. UH-OH

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom_Proctor
What you guys don't realize is HF propagation. The ionosphere is crazy and at points in the day and night, you wont be able to hear UVB-76.

*Raises Hand* I do, I mentioned it was probably propagation issues earlier as the bands are relatively dead today, yet I could pick it up OK last night.. It was ignored

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith

Originally posted by Tom_Proctor
What you guys don't realize is HF propagation. The ionosphere is crazy and at points in the day and night, you wont be able to hear UVB-76.

*Raises Hand* I do, I mentioned it was probably propagation issues earlier as the bands are relatively dead today, yet I could pick it up OK last night.. It was ignored

THANK YOU!

People who often have knowledge on the topic are ignored and the ones who know nothing and don't have a radio are the ones being paid attention to. Idiotic.

It's still up, there's nothing wrong with it.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
What about this?

www.youtube.com...

Around the 1:30 mark the pattern changes.

EDIT: I agree and understand that it could have been a change in the skip, but am not ready to write it off just yet.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by NightShift]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Out of interest ... if it is just a harmless research frequency then why has no authoritative body laid claim to the signal?

Surely if it was just checking the ionosphere then someone would own up?

[edit on 6-6-2010 by george_gaz]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by dragnet53

Actually the signal has been transmitting since 1982, which means it has been running for 32 years, and that means it has been running since the supposed "Russian coup" in 1991 (I made a mistake and put it at 1989, was thinking about something else)

ya must've been thinking about something else when you worked out that 1982 was 32 years ago. hang, YOU'RE FROM THE FUTURE!! Don't deny it. Just tell us what happened (or not) in 2012??

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightShift
What about this?

www.youtube.com...

Around the 1:30 mark the pattern changes.

EDIT: I agree and understand that it could have been a change in the skip, but am not ready to write it off just yet.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by NightShift]

That's not true, I have never heard that when listening to UVB-76.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well, I have only heard recordings until today, so I can't put any dog in any fight.

All the secondhand knowledge I have come across contradicts what you say, but your word is as good as theirs as far as I could know......so I will keep Schrodingers cat in the box for now and not argue.

Thanks for the reply.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I can say that Spaceweather did not project that the effects from the Coronal hole or any related CME would hit us until June 8th.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
every hour the tone changes from a blip-pause-blip to a solid tone for ~60 seconds

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I am listening to it loud and clear over the internet via a receiver in London. It is definitely back up again.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I have a shortwave (grundig portable) and it doesn't go down to that freq. 5.75Mhz is the lowest

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

That space object was Voyager 1 i think, it started sending back wierd "alien" signals that are/were being decoded

Come to think of it, did anything happen with it? or was it brushed under the carpet like so many incidents

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
well, if they did switch over to digital since alot of people had heard about it on the internet, wouldnt it be easier to find it on digital waves than shortwaves?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
If they really announced new messages like op said, it's that a secret operation is underway and they needed to transmit a message to someone who can't obtains it via other ways... Since they could have transmited it via internet which would be stealthier (or maybe they are afraid internet could stop working?), it means it's unlikely that it's aimed at spies. The submarine/remote-base theory is more viable.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
They can't go digital. THEY'RE FOR ATMOSPHERIC AND IONOSPHERIC RESEARCH. THEY SEND AN ANALOG SIGNAL, AND LISTEN FOR THE RETURN. Like RADAR!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

People who often have knowledge on the topic are ignored and the ones who know nothing and don't have a radio are the ones being paid attention to. Idiotic.

Ya like the fact I posted the info from a guy who used an oscilloscope to determine a lot of data about the signal, yet not one reply...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
the signal hasn't stopped...

solar flares are interrupting transmission

[edit on 7-6-2010 by BLACKKKNIGHT]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
[edit on 7-6-2010 by mrsteve2u]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Nibiru is heading this way and they made a stop over there....I'm just saying.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join