It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Radio Signal UVB-76 has stopped transmitting.. UH-OH

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sir Solomon

It seems to be blacked out with fake cloud shadow ...?

Looking at the large electrical generators to the nw , the railway and the lake to the south but the generally low density housing of the area could it be a fairly large undrground facility of some sort ?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I see that it is inevitable to reveal more of myself the longer i remain in the web'o'sphere. The year 1988 i was trained on the 23 pair b sonar set. It is my job to interpret LOFAR grams. Lower Frequency and Ranging. To my knowledge it is still a matter of classification. Any one involved in the armed forces will tell you that although they are inactive, that the information they possess is not their property.

I will speak carefully and generally to begin a means of decoding the carrier wave. I have minimal resources and would require equipment beyond my reach. perhaps, in the community a resourceful individual has a fetish that allows them the access to needed equipment.

First: It is my JOB to listen. I apologize for the need to clarify this, but in my experience I know there will be those that question me as a buffoon without expertise of their own. I urge you to discard those things that you find false and grab the pearl of truth. I am not infallible.

My observations: There is an active ping in the background from an independent source within the location of the transmitter source. They are in the same room. The ping and the buzz are operating on isolated systems. This does not mean that they are not related. It is common in cryptology acquire KEYS in order to decrypt. The ping is not the key. I surmise that the ping (active radar) is in search of the "KEY" "Object". When the Object is found within range A link can attempt to be established. not without further security measures that are unimportant here.

In order to break the transmission into harmonic data, it must first be decrypted with that key. It is disappointing to me that the persons who have recorded the transmission were so close to the link event and did not capture it. yet it is only the first level of decryption. Typically the first line defense is the most complicated. after that, secondary measures become lazy.

You may now feel cheated. If you expected more, then you do not know what is contained in this post.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Something that came to me after you said that was about how there was a hotel near Washington DC that was built as a cover for a complex for Congress to survive in during a Nuclear Assault.

The shadow isn't fake if that is a real cloud. Matches pretty closely in shape.

Something els to keep in mind is the time. What was the local time when the signal was last heard? If anything is going to happen militarily they are more likely to do it at night or at an odd our of the morning between there and whatever targets are on their list.

This is of course if it wasn't just turned off like some people have suggested: because it is old, replaced, or has served its purpose. For me though this is has been a good exercise in remote sensing skills that I don't get to use too much since I'm still in school for graduate degree in Geography. I'll fish around though and see if I can't find any better pictures or information about the building.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Surely someone has looked up events in history at the times when these buzzings stopped and the voices came on. For Dec. 24, 1997 here are some:

Nevada woman's son released from Russia
www.reviewjournal.com...

"Military Secret. The Pentagon Will Learn About Capabilities of Our Missile from Izvestiya newspaper, (by Viktor Litovkin, Izvestiya, December 24, 1997, p.4), The Minister Has Planted "Topol-M" (Sergei Sokut, NVO-NG, December 25, 1997), New Missiles for Non-Combat-Ready Army (Pavel Felgenhauer, Segodnya, December 25, 1997). "
www.armscontrol.ru...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Perhaps they finally closed it due to costs and because we now have much more advanced methods of communication (and secure)?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sir Solomon

The shadow isn't fake if that is a real cloud. Matches pretty closely in shape.

the cloud is thinner than those around it on the same frame/pass,,yet the shadow is a lot deeper, than those around it and also at a more oblique angle

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
What I find extremely interesting is what's around the "station".

Go to maps.google.com... and type in

56° 4'58.89"N 37° 5'22.67"E

as others have mentioned in the thread. What I see is something strange. At first I thought it was a road leading out from the "site" and it may well be, but it appears as if there are multiple arms all radiating from that location (typically in my limited experience on google maps that signifies a lack of trees so either a road or power lines).

Looking around the area I don't see any other features that are similar.

It almost looks like it is a crater impact or a impact on glass with cracks radiating from the center.

Don't know what that says about the signal, but it seems there is definitely something to that location.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
hi guys ... not "h8ing," really, but i don't get it. if i went and bought a short wave radio or something and figured out how to broadcast a weird message or something repetitive or whatever, and did it for a long time, that's really all it would take to fascinate so many people? i mean, i'm glad you guys are interested and find this cool. but i'm so insecure, i feel like i must be missing the cool part of why anyone could possibly care one iota about this. i love you all.

oh and the idea that this could somehow signal doomsday or ANYthing of ANY significance whatsoever has gotta be way, way whacked out ... even more than a lot of stuff on ats, right?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverz
What I find extremely interesting is what's around the "station".

Go to maps.google.com... and type in

56° 4'58.89"N 37° 5'22.67"E

as others have mentioned in the thread. What I see is something strange. At first I thought it was a road leading out from the "site" and it may well be, but it appears as if there are multiple arms all radiating from that location (typically in my limited experience on google maps that signifies a lack of trees so either a road or power lines).

Looking around the area I don't see any other features that are similar.

It almost looks like it is a crater impact or a impact on glass with cracks radiating from the center.

Don't know what that says about the signal, but it seems there is definitely something to that location.

i also thought power lines or even fire breaks , looking at some photos on there it looks like the latter , also the straight lines of sight would be very handy...pehaps the woods would have been kept short in ussr days like around usaf bases in cold war etc, lower than any security towers?

[edit on 6-6-2010 by gambon]

[edit on 6-6-2010 by gambon]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
If they are in fact upgrading the system do you think they needed a digital converter box like the tv switch here in the USA?

Edited to add above smilys

[edit on 6-6-2010 by LittleIndianJr.]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
If you use bing maps you can see a little more detail. There is still a cloud but not the Ridiculously dark shadow

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sf18443

Decent call , a bit better , that shadow is ridiculous...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by thomasblackraven
Just posted a minute clip of the current audio feed...there's talking at the end! Anyone know what they're saying?

media.abovetopsecret.com...

This is just interference, a german radio news channel, reporting about incentives for repairing a church. Here is the original text they speak:

"Oftmals kann das Geld für notwendige Reparaturen nur mit Fördergeldern aufgebracht werden. Deshalb ist es für Katholiken besonders ärgerlich, dass neben der Kapelle ein Wohnhaus von etwa 80m² [audio file ends]..."

I don't have access to a shortwave radio equipment right now, but up until this point noone on ATS has confirmed that the signal has disappeared, right?

By the way, you won't be able to listen to 4625 kHz with a web-based software-defined radio, because the frequency is not part of a core amateur radio frequency band. Instead it's in-between 80- (3.5 - 4.0 Mhz) and 60-meter band (5 Mhz).

This frequency is known to be "FIXED", and restricted to military usage. If you want confirmation for this fact, have a look at the frequency allocation tables.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
That was pretty creepy... and the Russian government/military still hasn't divulged what the stations purpose is?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz
also found this

www.reddit.com...

where is phage when u need him!

please, although interesting topic, ATSers, need to stop calling for Phage for everything.

No, let the sheep keep following the Shepard. What would they do without him....

I dont really find him arrogant like you do, but I find it extremely annoying that people just stop and wait for him to arrive in threads. If people need someone to tell them what to think, why not turn on the tube and get their opinions delivered to them from CNN or Fox News? Thats what they are there for.

If people feel they are not informed enough to make their own decisions, they can find a large amount of information about almost anything on the Internet so they are not clueless anymore. And by that, I dont mean ATS sources only...

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Uh Oh

[edit on 6-6-2010 by xynephadyn]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
The german in the mp3 is nothing more but a comercial radio transmission.
The frequences must have somehow overlapped.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyeswilldeceive
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

Yeah of the people listening to it

I wonder who is pushing the button every 108 minutes

That's what I was thinking, maybe the guy that has been pushing the button all of these years died.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
A lot of the cold war number stations stopped transmitting, but the buzzer was unique in its persistance.

I am fascinated by these things - my grandmother used to have a very old, but fully functional 50's valve based radio that could pick up just about anything and I used to spend a lot of time scanning the airwaves to see what was out there - the number stations captivated my attention so much that I've even made an Illustrial track based round one (Cold War Spies)

I never bought into the doomsday scenario for this signal in the "dead mans hand" sense, although to keep it running for so long is an obvious sign of importance. What I do think is that its possible the cell/person it was broadcasting to has either gone live (unlikely), or has simply died (such is the longevity of the signal)

As for the subject matter - the fascination with the topic is simply this - its entirely possible all our lives may actually depend on one or two of these signals. Its the closest to deep, deep black operations that any of us will ever get.

Number Stations gives more info. There is also a wealth of stuff out there on the net if you google the subject.

Edit to add Conet Project - this site has lots of recordings of stations.

[edit on 6/6/10 by neformore]

[edit on 6/6/10 by neformore]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Wts all the excitement in aid of?
Its prolly just been made redundant. They may have more advanced masking devices, I should imagine.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join