It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Radio Signal UVB-76 has stopped transmitting.. UH-OH

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Ive found some info on UVB-76 and what it might be used for

First Site

[url]http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://web.archive.org/web/20071120074947/www.geocities.com...[/ur l]

Signal warning and battle management command in the military units and military conscription of Moscow IN

Second Site

[url]http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://web.archive.org/web/20030414090619/www.geocities.com...[/ur l]

Radiogram correspond to code tables commanders launchers and can inform about the changes the degree of alertness, contain orders to training launches of carrier rockets, to the combat use of nuclear weapons, and transferred to test the vigilance of operators receiving stations, and verify that the communication channel.

Edit Note:
How do you fix links lol

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Nocturnalfear]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Tom_Proctor

Tom this maybe so but why if it is for atmospheric research have they not just said so?,Also why has this been running for atleast 27 plus years with what appears no further testing other than an occasdional voice talking in code three or four times

It would seem they are not that bothered about this research so why keep it running so long?what is the point what is there goal,they dont transmit anything else so seems a pretty poor test to say ah yes it transmits a buzzer sound pretty well for 27 years

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
This page has a bunch of Web Controlled Shortwave Receivers you can use to listen to shortwave over the web. I have not tried any of these yet. It uses Real Audio which I do not have.

Perhaps someone could try this and report if the signal is there?

www.qsl.net...

If none here work.. perhaps someone else can find a working shortwave over the Net receiver.

Frequency 4.625 MHz
Mode AM
Location Povarovo, Russia
Latitude 56.082778
Longitude 37.089444
Callsign UVB76
User/Usage S28, The Buzzer

[edit on 5-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

JohnPhoenix,
Went to the receiver, it is definitely not xmitting the burst.

Went to the Google Earth location and it is "blacked out" due to cloud shadow?

Oh well,
Tom

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufomechanic
Nibiru is heading this way and they made a stop over there....I'm just saying.

Any basis for that?

What does Nibiru have to do with the UVB-76 transmitter?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
They reduce power levels in the mornings every day for maintenance. Also propagation is TERRIBLE right now. Conditions are very bad for transmitting and receiving.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Got hold of a online receiver and dialed in the frequency..now recording the stream..going to do this as long as I can see what comes up...so far ...zilch.
Fabulous thread BTW and glad to see some really informative stuff about this and other 'number sites'..
Shortwave has always held a fascination to me as used to spend hours tuning in to hear 'hoover type' sounds and one that sound like a jet overhead..anyway I digress..
Will give you the heads up if anything pops up..

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tom_Proctor
They can't go digital. THEY'RE FOR ATMOSPHERIC AND IONOSPHERIC RESEARCH. THEY SEND AN ANALOG SIGNAL, AND LISTEN FOR THE RETURN. Like RADAR!

It's not for research. It would have stoped after the fall of the soviet union because of a lack of funds, if it was research. It must be very important to have survived until now. Also, why would they send cryptic messages from time to time ?

It's for military purpose : Spreading coded information.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Been listening to the buzzer for the last 30 ish mins....signals lousy but its getting stronger...
:-)

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Gotta love conspiracys.
The first thing that popped into my mind was the activation of "sleeper" agents. These having missions assigned and are in place waiting for orders. The signal or lack of signal being the order to begin.

The best deduction to make is that this signal is of vital "national security" to withstand the changes over the last 35 years!

Mabe the Iranains getting involved in the Gaza drama is going to be a timed initiation of hostilities. If China starts deployments in the next day or so its time to buckle-up.

Now to scare the bejesus out of Americans here.
We could have a Russian sub parked between Cuba and the US being shielded by the oil plooms and the passive radar system wouldn't even pick it up.
Low flying sub launched missiles could hit major cities and the evidence would point to breifcase nukes. No evidence of Russian involvement.

Who could our military retaliate with a wmd against? Al-Kahida, Pakistan, or Iran?

Take out NY and DC and the country is in chaos.

Ok creative thinking exercise done.

enjoy your day.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by black cat

Des 24
Carlos the jacal was sentenced to life inprisonment,and allot of traeties on weapons of mass destruction.
Sept 12
G7 summit,IMF/world bank anual meeting,USA plans to invade Iraq
Feb 21
? Mabe some1 can help out here,can't find something interesting.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by awakentired

We could have a Russian sub parked between Cuba and the US being shielded by the oil plooms and the passive radar system wouldn't even pick it up.
Low flying sub launched missiles could hit major cities and the evidence would point to breifcase nukes. No evidence of Russian involvement.

n°1.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Read the entire thread, thanks for everyone's contributions. Very interesting information about the signal, including the oscilloscope analysis.

One item to point out on the Google Maps bit -- there is actually a second building to the east of the one under the cloud; the second building looks identical to the first. There is also what appears to be a gate across the road just north of the two of them, where the two roads connect. Outside the gate is what appears to be a large administration building.

The Eastern (2nd) Building

Gate and Admin Building(?)

Final notes:
-there appears to be a smaller second gate just north of the "admin" building
-there are 8 buildings across the street from "admin" that all have the same size and roof shape - possibly barracks? Several appear to have older roofs, but buildings may all be same era.
-appear to be 2 long warehouses east of the 8 "barracks"
-there appears to be a fenced perimeter around the radio site and the admin buildings (road gates part of this fence)

Hope this is at least interesting, if not a particularly useful contribution. Guess the conclusion is this does look like some type of government site

[edit on 7-6-2010 by ChrisR]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Man, this is a strange area on Google Maps!

What's up with the buildings in question having two circular, dry recesses in front of them? And here's a third building with the same, located nearby and also apparently fenced in:

third building with circles out front

Are these missile sites? There are a LOT of warehouses and large buildings in this area, most without any vehicles outside. Maybe underground base? Also a lot of man made (square) ponds...maybe pumping water out of missile silos or underground facilities?

Is this the actual radio antenna that's doing the broadcasting?
Radio Antenna (see shadow)

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
56°04'58” N/37°05'22” E

I have been following number stations and other anomalous Shortwave transmissions since the mids 1980s and am enjoying this interesting thread. I have also been exposed to photographic interpretation environments in the past through work and have started to look at the less than brilliant satellite imagery available to us. I must admit I have seen worse but if anyone can source other imagery then let us know.

So far I am taken by the lines radiating away from the centre of interest through the local vegetation. Whilst there are other examples of this in nearby towns there are none that radiate in all directions from one centre point apart from this location. Some of the lines extend to a kilometre or slightly more and suggest that the vegetation along these lines was excavated possibly for the laying of ELF antennae or other cabling. The pathways do not extend to a logical conclusion such as another building or road in all cases so it is unlikely the vegetation was cleared to make a footpath or roadway.

As all the lines are of varying lengths it would suggest to me that they could indeed by buried antenna tuned to specific wavelengths. This would also mean that transmissions on other frequencies could be originating or being received at this location.

I will keep looking at the imagery and expand into the surrounding areas as soon as possible.

It's all guesswork of course and intel is generally nothing more in the absence of solid facts. As always - make up your own minds

[edit on 7-6-2010 by ExtinctExInt]

[edit on 7/6/10 by ExtinctExInt]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I just checked on my transceiver here and I can hear it again, propagation conditions on the HF bands seem to have picked up

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I am just speculating here, but here is what most likely happened. Someone in North America got themselves a new shortwave radio. And they have no idea how HF signals have to refract off of the F layer(s) in order to travel around the world. They spin the dial and hear something like China Radio International and mistakenly believe that they are hearing a transmitter from across the pacific. When in fact they are actually hearing it from the relay in Canada (Sackville).

Excited with their new toy, they do some research about it and find about these weird transmissions. Under the false pretense that they can hear everything, they tune to this and hear nothing. Since they are ignorant of how horrible the propagation conditions are right now, they assume that the station has stopped transmitting.

For what it is worth, I have not heard this station for a few years. Although I really don't care, I mean who wants to actually listen to that noise? Oh, and the "woodpecker" has been gone for a long time. And good riddance, that # thing was # people off all over the world. It turns out it was some kind of over the horizon radar.

Just because you cannot hear it does not mean that is not there.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I read the thread through and at least I didn't notice anyone posting this one, apologies if someone did.

Anyways check out the russian forum talking about it and google translate. You can find it from here: www.radioscanner.ru...

You find people's comments who apparantely worked in that complex over there. Area where the "Buzzer" is located is also in old Soviet scientific area (Bit west from Moscow) where there used to be alots of scientics and naturally lots of scientific experiments and complexes.

Have been nearby myself, not just visited but also stayed for sometime and there really is a lots of military traffic out there, so I'm not suprised some buildings are "blacked out". Buzzer is not blacked out though, just under the shadow of cloud.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Not sure if it is true or not but some guys from the /x/ board of 4chan were broadcasting it over a tinychat last night and they heard a voice transmission. If this is true then it is monumental.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr. Deeps

You know that there have been a number of voice transmissions in the past? - At least 3 I have heard of (not actually heard - are there recordings?) - Who knows how many more there may have been?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by awakentired

Thanks for scaring the crap out of me

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join