It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Radio Signal UVB-76 has stopped transmitting.. UH-OH

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Ok so does anyone remotely think that this radio signal has something to do with the Russian spies caught today?
From the article:

The suspects are accused of using short-wave radios to send and receive "radiograms" - coded bursts of data - to Moscow Centre. US agents believe they are referred to as "RG"s by the alleged spies.

Decoded electronic messages sent using steganography include one from Moscow Centre in 2009 saying: "Pls, make sure your radioequipment [sic] for RG rcptn is in order. We plan to send a couple of test Rgs

news.bbc.co.uk...

the ATS link
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bestideayet

It could totally have something to do with this. Many theories of UVB-76 is that it had something to do with encryption keys. So, wow, you might be on to something.

Perhaps the Russians learned that our people were on to their people, and stopped transmitting in reaction?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Perhaps the Russians learned that our people were on to their people, and stopped transmitting in reaction?

lol if the russians turned there internet on and read this thread they would know people were onto them... I think it was established that the signal has not stopped, just some people thought it did.

Personally I think the whole thing could be a joke, well it's got the possibility of been a joke, it got you guys talking didn't it?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I hadn't connected these 2, but sure why not?

Long range regular messaging service, it would fit the requirements of long range undercover operatives perfectly.

It's old, but has lasted for decades uninterupted. And even silence is it's own message. International espionage has never ceased, despite what the leaders say. And Russian "moles" would always have been KGB, not politically driven, so the breakup of the USSR was irrelevant to their plans.

I don't think we will ever know, but stuff is happening all the time that we know nothing of.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bestideayet

Very interesting.

According to the link, short-wave radio equipment was found in one of the suspects apartment, along with sheets of random numbers - the so called 'One Time Pads' used to decipher the transmissions. Not very careful were they?

Could it be the actual UVB 76 signal that this spy ring were operating with? There are plenty of signals buzzing in from all over the world and i think it would be a stretch to link UVB 76 (and its deactivation) to this group.

Also remeber that this signal was just a buzz (99% of the time) so there would be nothing to decode from it!

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Silver Star]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Done some digging around on wikipedia ( i know i know...) and this is what i've come up with on the three dates that intended trasmissions were made

December 24th 1997: The Sid El-Antri massacre (or Sidi Lamri) in Algeria kills 50-100 people. 1997 – The Dominican Republic becomes a member of the Berne Convention copyright treaty.

September 12 2002: Koffi Annan makes speach to United Nations, and George Bush announces plans to invade Iraq at the same event.

February 21 2006: 33 people are killed and dozens are wounded amidst fighting between the Alliance for the Restoration of Peace and Counter-Terrorism and Islamic Court in Daynille, Mogadishu, Somalia.

Former Bosnian Serb Army General Ratko Mladić, wanted by the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia in The Hague in connection with the massacre of 8,000 men and boys on July 11, 1995, in Srebrenica, has been reported by Belgrade's Studio B TV to have been arrested.

I know I should have done this is quotes or what not, but for some reason I'm having trouble in posting infomation. I suppose one of the mods can deal with it for me

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BSG75
Done some digging around on wikipedia ( i know i know...) and this is what i've come up with on the three dates that intended trasmissions were made

December 24th 1997: The Sid El-Antri massacre (or Sidi Lamri) in Algeria kills 50-100 people. 1997 – The Dominican Republic becomes a member of the Berne Convention copyright treaty.

September 12 2002: Koffi Annan makes speach to United Nations, and George Bush announces plans to invade Iraq at the same event.

February 21 2006: 33 people are killed and dozens are wounded amidst fighting between the Alliance for the Restoration of Peace and Counter-Terrorism and Islamic Court in Daynille, Mogadishu, Somalia.

Former Bosnian Serb Army General Ratko Mladić, wanted by the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia in The Hague in connection with the massacre of 8,000 men and boys on July 11, 1995, in Srebrenica, has been reported by Belgrade's Studio B TV to have been arrested.

I know I should have done this is quotes or what not, but for some reason I'm having trouble in posting infomation. I suppose one of the mods can deal with it for me

WHOA! Mind Blown! I seriously think this needs more research, I mean if these guys are so careless, what else could be right under our noses? They were doing the whole "bag switch" and "the eagle has landed" old-fashioned spy tactics. I mean you would think they would have better technology right?
Maybe this is a smokescreen and they are just patsies for something bigger? Who knows... Very cool though, great post!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Been listening to the live link by one of our own members, and have noticed that for the last half hour 00:00 - 00:35 the buzzer noise has got both fainter and ever so slightly slower

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BSG75

WOW WOW WOW

Sorry to double post here, but follow this link UVB-76 Link. It has been acting odd over the last 24 hours. Buzzer is still going on, but there is also morse and a persistant ringing noise. There is a voice very badly distorted in the background as well.

WOW!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BSG75

Im listening to it now.

Whats going on? I can hear the talking too.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

wonder if some thing is happening in NK? there is /was a voice on it just before posting time2:30pm Utah, USA time, now off to an other link.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

and whats with the music/singing?

Has somebody got the TV on in the background - perhaps waiting for the news?

Im alarmed! Is something about to kick off?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

It isn't a TV in the background - this is the live signal.

What is this voice then? I heard a randomally talking one. Is it that, or was it actually doing numbers or some such thing?

One thing is for sure - the old girl is certainly more active over the last few months

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BSG75

I was under the impression that the 'buzz' was generated by a speaker that was placed in front of a microphone and that you could periodically hear activity in the background.

Please feel free to correct me if i am wrong on this - In fact, i would be grateful for any information you could supply.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

And the one number station that I think would be of interest to ATS is the Ongs Hat output. The information on this station has all but disappeared.

Any links to this?

Apparently The Buzzer had stopped transmitting a few years ago, from what I researched on it?? Does this mean it is back? Did it ever stop?? I've scanned around 4 MHz recently and not heard it before now (now being this live stream).

The Buzzer was suspected to be part of the Dead Mans Hand - the idea being if Moscow was nuked off the planet that The Buzzer would be the ultimate fail safe switch, supposedly activating a retalitory nuclear strike against pre-programmed targets.

EDIT: Got it from the uvb-76.blogspot.com link.

Should the UVB-76 station- or transmission content owners feel violated in any way, please contact me at ... and we will work it out.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
it is on!!!! time 2:49 pm, i think it might be old bug left over from the cold war? heard English words!!!! "would you like a drink my darling", and it was a woman's voice!!!!!!! might be in hotel? can hear TV/radio in back ground!!!!! no bull, the real deal, no joke. thought you would like to know. that is Utah, USA time.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by bekod]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Missed it!

I was reading on the guys website that appears in the link a few posts back that his old antenna sometimes picked up stray broadcasts from a Swedish radio station.

Im starting to wonder if the same sort of thing is responsible for all these background noises?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Yes, but he told me that he has sorted that out now. Perhaps the russians are trying to confuse us with sending music via -76 whilst they prepare for nuclear war

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BSG75

It's nice that they are concerned with our entertainment as they're busy tapping the coordinates into the missiles.

Thanks Russians!

Im keeping my ears on, BSG75!

[edit on Thu, 29 Jul 2010 16:44:11 -0500 by Silver Star]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

With the amount of people on here, I was wondering if it was possible to keep a 24 hour watch on the station? I mean it should be easy to work out a timetable to suit everyone

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join