It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Radio Signal UVB-76 has stopped transmitting.. UH-OH

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+56 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The mysterious russian shortwave radio "UWB-76", also known as "The Buzzer"...

...just stopped transmission. This is huge, considering there has been almost NO interruption since 1982. It even survived the cold war.

This is.............. odd..................

en.wikipedia.org...
above link explains the actual radio signal...

en.wikipedia.org...:UVB-76.ogg
The strange signals odd transmission...

Supposedly a dead man's switch, or the NWO's transmission station...
I just thougth this was pretty crazy..

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Thank you for this thread. i have not heard much on this subject but i do find it highly interesting, my father is a HAM operator and electrical engineer, im going to call him this afternoon to get his input.

in the mean time i look forward to hearing what the rest of ATS's resident experts have to say on this.

S+F for you !

~meathead

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Thats some strage stuff, i just read the wiki links you provided.
What does this mean if its stopped and whats the theorys on whos transmitting ?

thanks though i guess.
Now i want to know what it is and its importance

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It is supposedly used by the military in case of a nuclear strike so that the military can launch nukes in case the Kremlin was attacked during Soviet times.

I really don't have a clue what it means now, or even what it means when it stopped. Let's just wait until someone knows what it's about to explain it.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I've heard of the woodpecker but not the buzzer. Gonna have to look this up. Interesting. Wonder why it's stopped? Do they have some other system in place?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
whatever it is has probably been replaced by digital

it is assumed that it was a spy communicator in which i do not believe

sites.google.com...

Location and function The station's transmitter is located at Povarovo, Russia (56°4′58″N 37°5′22″E / 56.08278°N 37.08944°E / 56.08278; 37.08944), which is about halfway between Zelenograd and Solnechnogorsk and 40 kilometres (25 mi) northwest of Moscow, near the village of Lozhki. The location and callsign were unknown until the first voice broadcast of 1997. Its purpose is unknown. One website claims the station is meant to "Transmit orders to the military units and recruitment centers of the Moscow military district." This is unconfirmed, and unlikely considering the station transmitted the simple buzz tone for at least 15 years before any words or numbers were broadcast. Because of the nature of the broadcast and the fact that its transmitter location is rumored to be a communications hub of the General Staff of the army, UVB-76 is widely believed to be used to transmit encoded messages to spies, as is generally assumed for the many numbers stations that populate shortwave frequencies. Transmitter sites for some numbers stations have been triangulated to military and/or intelligence installations in several countries, although no nation's government will confirm or deny the existence of the stations or their purpose. Another possibility is that the constant transmission of its characteristic sound is supposed to signal the availability, operation or alertness of some kind of installation, a kind of dead man's switch of a military or other installation, possibly for the Dead Hand system. As of January 17, 2010 at the latest many available map viewing services that provide satellite imagery have the UVB-76 station darkened or removed entirely. Of interest to note is the fact that seemingly unrelated buildings in close proximity are also blacked out.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Wow!

I never thought it would completely shut off. I remember hearing some recordings of it, and also the break where they have the guy speaking cryptically, or counting in Russian. Thats apparently only happened on 3 occasions.

I wonder why its stopped

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It has been the subject of rumors etc for a long time now.

If it is part of the Peremiter (or Dead hand) system the Russians have perhaps its been replaced by something else?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Maybe it is because of this?

Moscow spruces up after storm

storm that felled hundreds of trees and damaged many cars across the city and cut off power lines in some areas outside the capital.

english.ruvr.ru...
Though it happened yesterday and it will be weird that such a "normal" storm would damage military compound.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Here's what it sounded like for those interested..kinda spooky, lol

Going to see if I can dig up the voice transmissions as well

[edit on 5/6/2010 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
also found this

www.reddit.com...

where is phage when u need him!

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
It has been the subject of rumors etc for a long time now.

If it is part of the Peremiter (or Dead hand) system the Russians have perhaps its been replaced by something else?

Yhea I was thinking that since it's become quite common knowledge due to internet rumours they've either gone with a different system or there is simply no need for it any more.

Or maybe it's the digital switchover!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this information, I always enjoy listening to old number stations transmissions.

And the one number station that I think would be of interest to ATS is the Ongs Hat output. The information on this station has all but disappeared.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
nvm

[edit on 5-6-2010 by AtruthGuy]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bestideayet

Do we have an actual source that can verify it is not transmitting?

+46 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz
also found this

www.reddit.com...

where is phage when u need him!

I, too, have heard of the woodpecker signal, but not the buzzer. I will look more into this.

please, although interesting topic, ATSers, need to stop calling for Phage for everything. I personally find his answers arrogant, like a know it all, not someone trying to share information and enlighten others. While most of his answers are good, people need to find out about stuff on their own, and stop calling for mommy.

To phage, no offense. Im not calling your arrogant, you answer so many things, I would probably start answering the same as you LOL..

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by bestideayet

Do we have an actual source that can verify it is not transmitting?

I know ist not a great source, but there are a lot of comments on youtube videos of the buzzer, that are looking for confirmation that its not transmitting anymore as well.

If anybody out here listens to these frequencies, maybe they could find out?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I googled to see if I can find the frequency but apparently I just don't know what I am doing. I haven't had a shortwave radio since before I was married. Threw it out because a cat peed on it (long story). I'll dig around some more then.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join