It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Radio Signal UVB-76 has stopped transmitting.. UH-OH

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by smokecrops

Read the entire thread. The exact location is known. Check out the link to the wikipedia article; it will link you to satelite images of the place.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I believe the 'Woodpecker' ULF generator that is in Riga had it's own dedicated nuclear power station. The buzzer probably did also. You would not wish that to loose power if it is a switch as has been thought. I remember listening to both. The Woodpecker has been running since the 50's!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The signal is/was broadcast from a military base according to this thread so the chance of it ceasing due to power outtages is a bit slim, they'd surely have that problem covered wouldnt they?.

If the signal was experimental (ionosphere research?) and was brought about by or during the cold war then it should simply mean the cold war ended but the experiments never.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bestideayet

Any proof it stopped?

Also if it has..i got a bad feeling

I personally think it's for KGB *cough* sorry FSB agents thata r eon clandestine operations in foreign countries.

Either that or for Nuclear weapons

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
For some odd reason, reading this thread has given me a case of déjà vu. Is it just me, or did we have a very similar thread like this in the past with another space object that stopped transmitting information or started sending back information that was scrambled?

[edit on 6/5/2010 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Your thinking of Voyager 2, after apparently 'flipping a bit'....i think lol.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
If it has stopped it has either

A found what they are looking for
B maintenance
C Not of any use anymore
D or have upgraded

my comment about needing phage was about wanting someone who has knowledge on this subject,
other people don't really have a clue what it is used for, any input would have been of great help.

there's nothing wrong with teamwork

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
They've probably moved to another frequency or they're reconfiguring the codes. It's one of many numbers radio stations throughout the world. We covered them pretty extensively in my thread a few months ago.

Here you go:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

Except that you are not asking for team work, you are asking for the answers from one member, which is why some of us immediately think "not again"...

One member doesn't know it all, more so when such a member has been wrong, just like any of us could be wrong...

Please stop it with the posts for "calling for one member's opinion"...

Let's keep on topic...

[edit on 5-6-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It has not stopped, it is now transmitting numbers in English!!

Listen Below

Linky

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I attempted to check wth my SW receivr but didn't find the signal. Having said that I've never tried to listen for it before in my present location.

I my opinion it's porbably a equipment malfunction, or an new system. The site has been transmitting since 1982. Equipment wears out, poorly maintained, no parts, etc. Sooner or later something stops working. Or as has been said, upgrade to something new.

S&F and Thanks.

edit: spelling.

[edit on 5/6/10 by barkingdogamato]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
anyways.

if we look at the dates of when it was adjusted then maybe we can possibly link it up to any major events or findings.

wiki does say this though

Another explanation for the constant buzzer is the High-frequency Doppler method for ionosphere research [10] described in the Russian Journal of Earth Sciences, in which radio waves are reflected from ionosphere inhomogeneities. Changes of an ionosphere state can be caused by solar geophysical or seismic events. This method involves comparing a continuous radio transmission which is reflected by the ionosphere with a stable basic generator. The continuously transmitted carrier frequency currently used for this research matches that of the Russian Buzzer (4.625 MHz).

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by barkingdogamato

But as stated by some members the equipment has been maintained throughout the years frequently and even after the so called "fall of Communism" in the U.S.S.R.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
If www.chilton.com... actually works, I just listened to the static end, blip, then faint music, blip, back to static.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
geeze I'd go crazy sat there that many years just listening to it, its crazy!

probably some type of experiment

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Yeah of the people listening to it

I wonder who is pushing the button every 108 minutes

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

One of the members gave a link which gives a location of the base, and you can zoom in and see the base. To me it doesn't look like an ionosphere research institute.

Here is the link again which the member Counttrarian gave us.

qrg.broker.freenet6.net...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Just posted a minute clip of the current audio feed...there's talking at the end! Anyone know what they're saying?

media.abovetopsecret.com...

(MP3 file, 1min)

Edited to fix link...

[edit on 6/5/2010 by thomasblackraven]

[edit on 6/5/2010 by thomasblackraven]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
where did that sound clip come from perhaps the end bit is another frequency being tuned in,

can't explain what it sounds like

no it doesn't look like a research place either hmm.

it does sound like it is possibly connects to something and checks it perhaps like to see if what it's connected to is "still" connected

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thomasblackraven

That sounded kind of German. It was very, very garbled though. I couldn't make out any words. I don't know if it was Russian or German, though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join