It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

please read 90 procent of air will be gone

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by icecold7

Either you have never cut your finger or you are intentionally stating misinformation. I have lost a quarter inch off my finger before and NO the rest of my finger did not die off. LOL

The tip of my finger grew back too.

Where have you seen that this will leak for 10 years? Source?

I think you are understating the ability of nature to repair itself over time also.

It is an awful disaster, but all life isn't going to die from it.

i was a chef so i cut my finger in every way imagnable (i wasnt a very good chef)
but if i cut ur finger with a 1 mm blade and it falls of it WONT grow back... unless u put it back within a fw hours
same goes 4 the spill we must act quicly
[edit on 5/6/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Either you have never cut your finger or you are intentionally stating misinformation. I have lost a quarter inch off my finger before and NO the rest of my finger did not die off. LOL

The tip of my finger grew back too.

Where have you seen that this will leak for 10 years? Source?

I think you are understating the ability of nature to repair itself over time also.

It is an awful disaster, but all life isn't going to die from it.

i was a chef so i cut my finger in every way imagnable (i wasnt a very good chef)
but if i cut ur finger with a 1 mm blade and it falls of it WONT grow back... unless u put it back within a fw hours

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Yes it WILL grow back. And it doesn't matter if it is a 1mm blade.
I spent 20 years of my past in top kitchens in St. Louis and its surrounding areas. Not only have I sliced my fingertip a couple times, I have seen other peoples fingers hanging off. Only still attached by a bit of flesh and skin.

ALL grew back/healed. Nobody lost their finger.

Don't think you can just state something on ATS and expect everyone to believe whatever it is you say.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by icecold7
2 annyone not agreeing with me please do some more research then come back apologize 2 me and then get really scared

Well, Ive done my research and I have nothing to apologise about. My posts on the first page still show that your reasoning is wrong, as do everyone elses posts.

Your logic is flaweand tell me wWHY then
cuz i will proof u wrong 10 times on every fact u try 2 promote
and that is a PROMISS b eatc
d

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Completely irrelevant analogy....

Now...I was going to ask if there was something wrong with your keyboard, or if your laptop (if that's what you're using) --- like, you spilled something on it ( blood???
...ewwwww! ) and the keys are sticky.... but then I see that you DO know how to use the 'SHIFT' key...so, it has become more puzzling.

But, nevermind...with some practice, I'm sure your typing skills can improve, so that you'll be better able to express your thoughts?

Anywho....no, the suggestion that lopping of an appendage, like a human finger, and the fact that we (humans) can't regenerate such parts of our bodies is somehow similar to what's happening with the oil spill in the Gulf just doesn't compute.

Perhaps the memory of the Exxon Valdez tanker accident in Alaska has faded, since it was so long ago?? The area has recovered, as will happen, given enough time.

www.evostc.state.ak.us...

You can read that, and compare to what's happening today, to give it some perspective.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

What was the long term effect of the previous worst oil spill, the Exxon Valdez disaster in Alaska?

Why think this one would be signifcantly worse?

Locally both were/are regional environmental disasters which will take decades for the local environment to recover from. Alaska has not yet recovered from the Exxon Valdez. I suspect the Gulf might actually recover sooner - maybe within a deacde. What is good is that this disaster has attracted far more attention and will likely get more people working together to clean it up. It's always a case that we take more action over events on our doorstep then those thousands of miles away ....

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Where is your research?

You have proven nothing as of yet. You still have yet to disprove my statements from the first page....and have not shown that the ocean provides us with 90% of our oxygen.

So, come on, I want to see you attempt to disprove me 10 times over....

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I have to join in with the people who are in doubt of English being your secondary language. I speak with people on-line all the time many on a daily basis who only speak a little English. Would you mind enlightening us as to your primary language?

As for the spill, I am with OzWeatherman on this.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

reply to post by OzWeatherman

Thanks for providing an informed response. I agree this is by no means going to be affecting the oceans globally. Locally, yes obviously.

Say what you wish Chamber, but a spill thats been spewing out hundreds of thousands gallons of oil for the last month and a half, everyday, has started to reach Florida. Where will it be in another month and a half? Will it simply defy the ocean currents and stay put? Hurricane season is approaching, will oil not be moved around more? Glad you think this oil will stay in the gulfs containable coast.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

What was the long term effect of the previous worst oil spill, the Exxon Valdez disaster in Alaska?

Locally both were/are regional environmental disasters which will take decades for the local environment to recover from. Alaska has not yet recovered from the Exxon Valdez. I suspect the Gulf might actually recover sooner - maybe within a deacde. What is good is that this disaster has attracted far more attention and will likely get more people working together to clean it up. It's always a case that we take more action over events on our doorstep then those thousands of miles away ....Cuz the msm told me tendays ago this was 10 times worse then te exxon valdez and now they say NUTHING well bull# maybe

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

====================================================

sent: 5/6/2010 at 04:25 PM
look most of the oil is still underwater
the oil that they admit is already the size of a small country
but one liter will pollute a thousand gallons so an area 1000 times bigger or lets say 500 will be polluted
thats the entire ocean s surface when light cant penetrate the ocean cant live
and the way bp is handling it [NOT 8in my opinion]it could spill 4 years 2 come
so unles they stop it i am wright
and even in 6 months it will be terrible
and the menthane and disperant are adding 2 the problem
but i agree with you evrything ilooks fine ey??
but wat do i now im only a genius

reply forward save delete
====================================================

You are a genius?? Wow. You hide it well, I have to say.

I never said the gulf situation looks okay or "fine". Where do you see me saying that?

And that is NOT the entire ocean surface.

Can you show me some sources for what you are saying please ?

BTW: Now you say it could be cleaned up in ten years? You just said earlier the leak itself would last ten years. Which is it??

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BluePillOrRedPill

reply to post by OzWeatherman

Thanks for providing an informed response. I agree this is by no means going to be affecting the oceans globally. Locally, yes obviously.

Say what you wish Chamber, but a spill thats been spewing out hundreds of thousands gallons of oil for the last month and a half, everyday, has started to reach Florida. Where will it be in another month and a half? Will it simply defy the ocean currents and stay put? Hurricane season is approaching, will oil not be moved around more? Glad you think this oil will stay in the gulfs containable coast.

So you say this will affect the entire ocean as the OP claims?
Do you also say all life will die of "starvation"?
Once this oil spreads to be in every part of the worlds oceans, it will be dilluted greatly. The amounts will not kill all ocean life.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
I have to join in with the people who are in doubt of English being your secondary language. I speak with people on-line all the time many on a daily basis who only speak a little English. Would you mind enlightening us as to your primary language?

Actually i would love 2.
I live in holland and i speak dutch.
I always loved theb english or american klanguage ,almost evrything on dutch tv is english programs with dutch subtitles so i picked it up
dont want 2 sound crazy but sometimes i think engl ... never mind

link   

Actually i would love 2.
I always loved theb english or american klanguage ,almost evrything on dutch tv is english programs with dutch subtitles so i picked it up

link   

Actually i would love 2.

link   

Actually i would love 2.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Exactly, it is awful, its not something to be taken lightly, how ever it is not the end of the world either. I see it more as a broken arm. Its painful, that part of your body is immobilized, it affects other parts of your body because you will be more reliant upon your other arm and there will be some things you just can't do. but in time it will heal. Maybe not completely, you may always have stiffness in that arm, a constant reminder of the injury, but things will get back to relatively normal.

In no way am I making light of the situation, but we are not going to be wiped of the face of the planet because of it.

Edit to add, My grandparents came over from Holland 40 years ago. If what you are saying is true, your grammar may be horrible but your sentence structure is amazing, which is far more difficult than getting the grammar right. I even struggle with it due to being raised by them despite my love for reading and excelling in English classes.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by calstorm]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

So you say this will affect the entire ocean as the OP claims?
Do you also say all life will die of "starvation"?
Once this oil spreads to be in every part of the worlds oceans, it will be dilluted greatly. The amounts will not kill all ocean life.

Wow. did i say any of those things. no. let me pull a you. do you have proof i said those things? show me the proof.

I didn't think so because i didn't say any. You said this will affect locally, not globally. I didn't say anything about the entire ocean, nor did i say kill off all ocean life. i simply stated that the amount of oil coming out, plus the fact its arriving at Florida, plus it seems like it will continue for at least a bit, would all seem to equal a lot more than a local incident. If it doesn't stop coming out, do you really think it will stay there locally?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by icecold7

Originally posted by Essan

Locally both were/are regional environmental disasters which will take decades for the local environment to recover from. Alaska has not yet recovered from the Exxon Valdez. I suspect the Gulf might actually recover sooner - maybe within a deacde. What is good is that this disaster has attracted far more attention and will likely get more people working together to clean it up. It's always a case that we take more action over events on our doorstep then those thousands of miles away ....Cuz the msm told me tendays ago this was 10 times worse then te exxon valdez and now they say NUTHING well bull# maybe

This is for you since you asked in a u2u "where did i say clean in ten years"?

I highlighted it for you.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Sorry for going off topic but I gotcurious for what reason this thread starter wwould lie about his english. But you are right,...the mistakes are strange for a person whoms first language isn't english.

Back on topic.....The Earth has an gigantic volume for oxygen and by the time it would have been all gone nature would have restored the oil spill.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join