It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fidel Castro claims US sank South Korean warship

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Fidel Castro claims US sank South Korean warship

www.channelnewsasia.com

HAVANA: US navy commandos sank a South Korean warship in March in order to blame North Korea, raise tensions and convince Japan to keep US forces in Okinawa, Cuban former president Fidel Castro wrote in an editorial on Friday.

Castro, who based his information on press reports, blasted Washington's "cynicism" and "lack of scruples" in the incident.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I am glad someone has the guts to say out loud what many are thinking. Russia and China prefer to remain silent and not condemn anyone since there is no reliable evidence yet on who did this. But to me it is pretty obvious that the only ones who have gained anything from this are the Obama administration.

www.channelnewsasia.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Russian Expert Doubts about "Results of Investigation" Pyongyang, June 2 (KCNA) — Konstantin Asmolov, senior researcher at the Center for Korean Studies of the Far Eastern Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences, expressed strong doubts about the south Korean authorities' assertion concerning the case of the warship sinking, when interviewed by a reporter of Moskovskii Komsomolets, according to NTV of Russia on May 31.

He said: The "conclusion" made by the south Korean side is arousing very strong distrust among people in south Korea and other parts of the world. Both Russia and China do not believe this "conclusion" at all. There are a lot of doubts about the "conclusion" as "evidence" and facts do not match the circumstances fabricated by the south Korean side.

For example, why did the case claim the lives of seamen only, without taking the life of a single officer?
Why wasn't there anyone who had his eardrum split or fractured among the victims? This is the general phenomenon which can be observed when a warship is hit by a torpedo.
What is marked on the propelling body of the torpedo was written with a felt-tip pen in the writing style common in the south, not in the "north Korean writing style." Why?

I just found this, I didn't know there were so many discrepancies.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by TheOracle]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Fidel Castro said it so it must be true

Fidel is about as credible as little Kim over there in North Korea. The South Koreans are long time friends and allies. The US would not sink one of their ships. It makes no sense at all.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Actually, China didn't remain silent. They specifically said that they did not believe that North Korea sank the ship.

What I do find interesting, is that this claim is based on "Press Reports" which really don't amount to much but a collective presentation of whatever propaganda is currently being circulated.

Does Cuba's story make sense? Would this sinking help convince Japan to keep the base?

Yes, it does make sense. But, unfortunately, that doesn't prove the US did it. One could make an argument that China would also benefit from the sinking, but that doesn't mean they fired the torpedo either.

What I will say, and what I have said from the beginning, is that it makes no sense to me that North Korea is claiming to have not bombed the ship. I would think, based on their actions in the past, that they would be shouting from the rooftops that they successfully 'attacked' the South.

That doesn't add up for me.

But this article is really just speculation based on what could the US benefit from this. Again, I could create a list of other countries that could benefit too. Doesn't mean any of them sank the ship.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
Fidel Castro said it so it must be true

Fidel is about as credible as little Kim over there in North Korea. The South Koreans are long time friends and allies. The US would not sink one of their ships. It makes no sense at all.

Not that I believe the US did this....but you ARE familiar with a false-flag attack yes? You stage something to garnish support for attacking an enemy.....say....North Korea?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ElijahWan

Yes, I am familiar with false flag attacks. This was not one of them. The US has nothing to gain by getting involved with another armed conflict with North Korea. Our military is already stretched to the limit. The idea that America would do this just to keep a military base in Japan is laughable.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Well, I think most likely Cnn got it right, they get it from the most reliable sources...

Like there have never ever in the history of mankind been false-flagsto get wars started, that is just tinfoil hats theories...

I promise you all, there are no such thing as planing to achieve a goal...
just like football, no planing, just try to get the ball, and win, no payed off judges Ever in the history of mankind, same as all sports and corporations, nah, grow up . Cnn get the Juicy truth ...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Brings back memories of the start of US involvement in Vietnam

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Fidel Castro is older than dirt.

The man is halfway in his grave he is most likely suffering from dementia, I wouldn't listen to him about anything regarding reality. He's not even aware of when he urinates himself half the time.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Japanese Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama has announced his resignation after just eight months in office.

It comes after he broke an election pledge to move an unpopular US military base away from the island of Okinawa.

BBC News

Maybe there is some smoke to this story.

"The President is committed to maintaining excellent cooperation with the new Japanese government and will work closely together with Prime Minister Kan on bilateral, regional and global issues."

AFP

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Not.Everything.Is.A.False.Flag

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Actually, China didn't remain silent. They specifically said that they did not believe that North Korea sank the ship.

I would like to confirmation of that statement. I've been following this story and last I heard, china was preaching calm.

I will go further, they didnt say they did not believe NK sank the ship.

Prove me wrong.

Here is what Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao said;

Speaking at the talks, Mr Wen said avoiding conflict between the Koreas was "most urgent", but did not apportion blame for the sinking. China fears N Korea "The urgent task for the moment is to properly handle the serious impact caused by the Cheonan incident, gradually defuse tensions over it and avoid possible conflicts," he said. "China will continue to work with every country through aggressive negotiations and co-operation to fulfil our mission of maintaining peace and stability in the region."

Not apportioning blame is not the same as they did not believe that North Korea sank the ship.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by ErEhWoN]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
reply to post by ElijahWan

Yes, I am familiar with false flag attacks. This was not one of them. The US has nothing to gain by getting involved with another armed conflict with North Korea. Our military is already stretched to the limit. The idea that America would do this just to keep a military base in Japan is laughable.

i think ur not familiar with false flag attacks

the reason there are us bases in japan is for the military take over of north korea, china and russia.

Japan is acting as an re supply,naval sector for the attack.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
My two cents:

The USA gains nothing by sinking South Koreas' ships.

Nothing.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Wow! imagine if it was true

''Right now we are sitting on history-making stuff,'' say Julian Assange, the founder of Wikileaks.

just imagine if they had proof of this.. what would be the repercussions?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I think that Fidel could be right...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

How about a nice new American Army base on the border of China when North Korea is toppled. Yup nothing to gain

Welcome to the chess game!

What did the Vietnam war really gain America? Yet they fought that war also. Gulf of Tonkin anybody!!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by theability
My two cents:

The USA gains nothing by sinking South Koreas' ships.

Nothing.

The USA gains a possibility of war against the NK, and the possibility of using this against china and russia.

just my own two cents.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
this is outrageous!
no way is that even feasible. and how is obama gaining from this exactly? i would say if anything it would cause more criticism.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join