It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American flag burned...in England

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This is what they want. Everyone against each other. They give up alcohol, sex and sports to keep our minds busy and off what they are really doing. You know what, their plan has worked to a Tee.....But, people are starting to wake up now more and more. They are realizing what has been done to them. It's like Rockefellow said"If the people knew what we had done to them they would take us out and hang us" Well, he may get his wish real, real soon.....I'll bring the rope.......

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I am from the UK and despise football!

As far as the flag goes, you can't let the actions of one stupid individual stunt your views on the country in a whole!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos
I hope Americans see it for what it is, one lone idiot burning a flag. he acted on his own, I really hope they don't look into it any deeper than that.

We have alot of idiots here in the UK, they don't speak for anyone else but themselves.

And don't forget, you don't speak for anyone but yourself, neither.

National flags mean very little to the English. In fact, we are often embarrassed to be near one.

Unfortunately, Americans are massively patriotic and, in my opinion, put too much sentiment into their flag.

This was simply meant as a protest against the owners and a believed view that they have treated the club in a very stereotypically American, greedy, thoughtless, arrogant and self centred way.
The action itself has nothing at all to do with America herself or the American people in general.

Americans really need to realise the difference in patriotism and flag sentimentality between the UK and the USA before they get upset about this.

Finally. Americans really cannot understand the British passion in football. Since the 16th century, Catholic countries claim England doesn't have a religion and today, Britain is one of the most secular and atheistic thinking countries in the World but it is not true that we have no religion. Football is our religion and it has caused as many physical fights and wars even, as orthodox religion has.
British culture often confuses Americans, nothing confuses Americans more than football hooliganism (which this is not!), so I just hope that the Americans can, instead of getting upset by some Scouser burning a cloth, take a step back and think "wow! you wouldn't see something like that over here! They certainly take their clubs seriously" and not take it too seriously, even have a laugh about the lengths people will go. Whatever, just please don't start getting teary eyed and think of this action as equivalent of spitting in George Washington's eye.

Originally posted by Bunken Drum
Yeah, when I was a kid we used to sing,
"Build a bonfire, build a bonfire.
Put Maggie on the top.
Put the Council in the middle
And burn the 'f-word'ing lot!"

Well, coincidentally...

"Build a bonfire, build a bonfire.
Put the Scousers on the top.
Put the City in the middle
And burn the 'f-word'ing lot!"

[edit on 4-6-2010 by triplesod]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
all it accomplished was showing there stupidity.

[edit on 6/3/2010 by Uniceft17]

"their"

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Can anyone please tell me how to show a jpg in my post, please? For some reason it will only show them as links. Thanks.

Originally posted by sonofbrush
reply to post by Bunken Drum

think i can answer that for you m8 the yanks have an opinion that all us brits have bad teeth do to the fact that we dont really use dental insurance the way they do forcing there child to look perfect and all american ...its down to there education system methinks and the way they have been dubed down for the last twenty + yrs laughable really though i am suprised its not the other way round the amount of bs they spk

That thing about the teeth is so boring. It really is dull, completely without wit, obnoxious, ignorant but the one thing that actually makes it funny is it couldn't be further from the truth!

Recent studies have proven Brits actually have the healthiest teeth in the World. Much more so than Americans! :-)

www.economist.com...

Anyway. Please, please, please do not say "with all do respect", or "do to the fact". I mean, think about what you are saying!! What would "do to the fact" mean? it's DUE to the fact! With all DUE respect!! I see many Americans type that and it infuriates me but they actually have an excuse that they pronounce "due" as "do" (still doesn't explain why they don't consider what they are saying/typing) but I've never, ever seen a Brit do it and you really have no excuse!!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I dont think the guy ment no harm to america although what he did was brainless (he is a scouser after all) i just think its something us english are worried about, american owners taking charge of our beloved 100+ year old football clubs just for profit and in some cases geting our clubs into alot of debt

Anyway Lets settle this with a football match on the 12 of june

[edit on 4-6-2010 by jonhplayer]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Frankly, its a piece of cloth with colour on it.

I've seen flags of all nationalities burned during demonstrations over the years.

What saddens me the most is that in this day and age people get upset about it.

Its a culture thing I guess, but at the end of the day, compared to the real problems of the world, this is hardly newsworthy.

It also saddens me how deeply childish some people can be, with the stereotypical gibberish I see in some of the posts in this thread.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonhplayer

Anyway Lets settle this with a football match on the 12 of june

[edit on 4-6-2010 by jonhplayer]

LOL...

p.s. I'm a scouser and not throwing a hissy fit, a bit of banter never hurt no one.

[edit on 6/4/2010 by queuepolitely]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Disclosure Agent

What are you on about? Villa are owned by Americans, lol.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Lurch

Any American flag burning is fine by moi.

two lines

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I'll never understand why people get so annoyed over a flag. If an American appeared on TV and blew his nose with the Union Jack or wiped his backside with it. I would just laugh. I honestly couldn't care less, as it's just a piece of cloth.
Just like patriotism, it means nothing to me.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Its a materilistic object like that of anything else and with this much effort people put into this thread would you all rather not come together and help eachother instead of fighting.

L & L

[edit on 4-6-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96flag burning especially ours is totally unacceptable.

Especially yours? lol

Oh the high and mighty americans, they're above the rest of us petty folk.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
All I see in that pic of the OP is a false flag.
But who am I? I am just a dumbass.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Lurch

Dear Lurch

Sorry to you Americans out there, but do not read too much into this.

These are football supporters who have very low IQ capacity.

In the world to day I can think of many reasons to burn the American flag but sport of any sort would not even enter my head.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I am an American and I totally sympathize with the Brits on this one.

You just DO NOT mess with a man's sport.

I just hope they don't blame all Americans for this mess...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Flag burning is the next big fuel resource, you'll see. When the NWO merges the world into one, we wont need all the other flags so might aswell burn em!

Honestly though, dont take offence. Currently there are fans of Scumchester united wearing green and yellow to "protest" against their clubs owners. I can completely understand the fustration of liverpool fans and burning that flag is a way of saying "This is OUR club, not yours"

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
As an Anglo/Irish person of Jewish ancestors I totally abbhor the burning of any flag, let alone the flag of the nation that helped Britain/Europe survive, or have we all forgotten the heroics of the US soldiers in Europe and the far east in WW2.
Iam a Football fanatic of sorts and I totally understand the scouser sentiment, but to burn the stars and stripes is both ignorant and traitorous in my mind.
Without the USA Europe would be a stalinised wasteland.
I just ask the American readers of this thread to understand most traditional Brits respect you yanks 100%.
We have a bond no one can shatter.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Dr Expired]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
These are football supporters who have very low IQ capacity.

What a crass generalisation! All football supporters are thick, are they? I love football, but guess what my IQ is?

The above post and others like it in this thread calling these guys "football hooligans" is so far off the mark it's a bare-faced lie. These guys were no more hooligans than I am a three-breasted woman living on Mars.

As a qualifier so people don't think I am some shady Scouse- I am originally from Cornwall, I live in Berkshire, support Reading FC and have never been to Liverpool nor do I ever intend too as the accent really[/i[ annoys me - sorry to any scousers out there, but it does.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
If I had ne, I'd torch it muelf.

People in the UK are really, REALLY angry with the USA.

Your Obama kid is really annoying British people.

When the USA begged for help in Afghanistan, we sent out soldiers out there to die for you.

When the USA begged for help in Iraq, we sent out soldiers out there to die for you.

When the UK asked to support on the issue of the Falklands, Obama says he wants to be "neutral", Clinton tells us to negotiate handing over lands we fought to the Argies, islands that we died in large numbers for, and the Whitehouse arrogantly tells us that there is no special relationship any more and that we can expect no favours from the US in future.

In the UK, "American" is becoming a byword for "backstabbing F**ker"

With friends like that...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join