It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American flag burned...in England

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

id like to see you come to liverpool and tell the denziens of my fine city they are trying to act like hard men i think you would find out that actually we are and you would find out the HARD way dont no were abouts in the uk you live m8 but it must be a long way from merseyside

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
please please please do not take much notice about this act. its just football and nothing to do with the hate of america or the american people. dont let it get misinterpreted as nothing more than a protest against gillet and hicks, who own the club, and have ran up huge debts for one of the most prestegious clubs in football. i am a liverpool fan and im angry at the two co'owners but i would'nt go as far as burning flags, i respect america and its people. this was more than likley the act of indiviuals who did'nt think very deeply about how to protest there oppinions in the correct manor. dont judge our nation on a few mindless idiot's.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkady
reply to post by Lurch

OUTRAGE!! TERRORISTS! JUSTICE MUST BE DONE - LETS INVADE THEIR COUNTRY AND LIBERATE THEIR OIL!!!!!!! ENGLAND MUST BURN FOR THIS, WE MUST SALT THE EARTH AND POISON THE WATER SO THAT NO MAN WOMAN OR CHILD MY LIVE ON ENGLISH SOIL FOR A THOUSAND GENERATIONS.
THE GUY IN THE PICTURE SHOULD ROT IN GUANTANAMO UNTIL THE DAY HIS FATHER SATAN RETRIEVES HIS SOUL.
THIS DESPICABLE ACT DEMANDS WAR.

Damn man, I am upset but this is just crazy. Hope you r just looking for attention cus this was nuts.

The American flag represents america's founding fathers and in no way does it represent the administration in office nor there desicions. Americans look at the flag and see the prinicipals America was built on an dthis is why it offends me "us". Burn an Obama campain flag all day long and I will not give a rats @$$.

this was just a little to far thou.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

That's actually what we used to do on what is now called bonfire or Guy Fawkes night. On the 31st october we'd have a bonfire and burn effigies of those we disliked. Back in the 16th century it was usually the Pope.

Liverpool fans burning a US flag is simply a sign of their dislike that Americans who don't undertand football own their club. Had the owner been French, Korean, Indian or Israeli they'd have burnt a different flag. Some football fans really do pationately belive that British football clubs should be owned by Britons.

How would New York Knicks fans feel if their club was own by a Bosnian who had no regard for American culture or the game and just saw it is a tax loss?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well, as an avid supporter of Liverpool FC, I can assure you -- we're far more pissed at what has become of our team than you are in regards to what some protesters did to your precious flag.

[edit on 4/6/10 by Navieko]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I know some of the organisers of this protest and I can assure its not aimed at the American nation it is aimed at Gillett and Hicks, Liverpool is a militant city and we are the sort of fans are not be messed with, we are not holigans. Gillett and Hicks are destroying this club and its in one of the most deprived areas in the country so they can make a quick buck. Please watch the trailer to my upcoming film which I hope gives you an insight into the disgusting behavior of Gillett and Hicks before you judge what are very very angry people. To some the club is everything, its the whole area the community and its being destroyed.

[edit on 6/4/2010 by queuepolitely]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by robbinsj

Of course Americans aren't anymore responsible for Bhopal or the environmental disaster that is the Niger Delta, but American companies are.
I was using them as a comparison as to how ridiculous it is for Americans blaming Brits for BP's incompetence.

The Global Corporations whose headquarters just happen to be in our respective countries are responsible and none are representative of any of us, American or British.

And yes, there was an instance of Americans burning the Union flag.

Please people read my previous posts.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Ok lets look at it this way:

Burn down a country or two: OK
Burn that country's flag: Big No No

Its just a symbol.
Of course it is not polite, but it is just a piece of plastic.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Well friend you can be passionate about anything you want but the truth is no one would pay these fairys any attention untill they pulled this shiz.

Sad what they will do to cry out for attention and even sadder that you try to justify it. Your either as ignorant as them or your also in need of attention.

Whats wrong mum not show you how to brush your tooth? Go figure your grill is so f#$%ed up with all the crap your spewing out.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Just wondered also.... As people in Louisiana are burning the Union Jack against BP... do you think Brits care about that?

Are we in uproar or are there threads saying all kinds of crap about Americans because of it?

Nope...

The difference is... to us the flag is a piece of material.... to you guys it's a part of your family or something.

It's about context, these people weren't complaining about America, neither were they Anti-American.... they were against owners of a football club who happen to be American... it was a protest, symbolic gesture.... not an attack on America.

Some of the comments on this thread are just ridiculous.

I've seen a few pics of Americans using the Union flags to wipe their feet on during protests at BP... their anger is quite understandable, I'm sure it made them feel better... but to be honest I took no offence from it..

[edit on 4/6/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

I don't see the purpose in burning our flag though, especially over a sport, I find that offensive,
Many around the world find your flag itself offensive.
I have seen your flag flying beside my country's flag & felt moral outrage because at that rag you use was soiling my glorious colours. Keep it in your land & out of everyone elses if you love it so much.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by acrux]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
why is this thread having so much attention ? Its scouses burning a american flag because they want the AMERICAN owners out ?

I dont understand why its got so many comments, unless its full of comments like mine from one over the top comment by a american.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

We dont burn Brit flags against BP though the name in its self is of there country. Sorry friend but we dont need cheap tatics to make our point. The proof is in the pictures posted everwhere of there mistake yet we still let them operate in attempt to clean there mess.

Guess your ethics are lacking compaired to that of most americans.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

If you'd read my post you would realise that I stated that I don't support burning the US flag anymore than I would support someone burning The St George Cross or The Union Flag.

Is it expecting too much nowadays to expect members to read the whole thread and actually take note of what has been said prior to posting.

Stop cherry picking points and mis-representing statements just to enable you to insult people and to fit into your pre-conceived ideas and opinions.

Edit to add.

As for your pathetic attempts at aggression and insults, pff, seen and heard better in Primary School playgrounds.
Grow up.

[edit on 4/6/10 by Freeborn]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunken Drum

I'd like to see an annual world holiday when a bonfire would be made of all flags, religious texts & symbols. Burn the lot... offend everyone that likes to take offence!

Your logic speaks volumes, thanks for sharring. Now go brush your tooth.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Bit over the top dont ya think, I mean there was never a problem with Americans and Australians flying thier flags together during WW II in places such a Papua New Guinea.

And a bit of surprise flags of every UN nation fly in the America everyday, and the Flags of our allies fly on US Military Bases as well when they come here for training.

This whole thread has taken a downturn and things have gone badly now

[edit on 6/4/2010 by DarkStormCrow]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

I respect this and feeel the same. It is just a game and I would be defending Brit's if an american did the same. Its just disrespect to that entire country not the offender.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHIP1PAN
please please please do not take much notice about this act. its just football and nothing to do with the hate of america or the american people. dont let it get misinterpreted as nothing more than a protest against gillet and hicks, who own the club, and have ran up huge debts for one of the most prestegious clubs in football. i am a liverpool fan and im angry at the two co'owners but i would'nt go as far as burning flags, i respect america and its people. this was more than likley the act of indiviuals who did'nt think very deeply about how to protest there oppinions in the correct manor. dont judge our nation on a few mindless idiot's.

Also respect this and I nor most judge all as americans dont like to be linked to Bush/Obama. Just hits americans deep guess many can not understand exactly unless they are american.

Our country and leaders are so corrupt most americans view the flag and what it stands for as the last hope for america. We also feel the same about an american flag that is allowed to touch the ground.

Sorry, I know it has to be confusing for many that are not american. Most americans that hold the flag to the standard I do would sooner over throw the Obamanation in the name of what that flag stands for.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by robbinsj

Sorry friend but no american I know of supports the burning of any flag. Not ours not yours and not even the IRAQ flag.

When the USA invaded Iraq we destroyed the statue of an A hole not burning flags and there bible's. "koran or wtf ever its called".

How understanding and benevolent of you not to burn their flag or the Qur'an
while invading and asset stripping their country.

Tim.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
That was just a tiny little group!

I can tell you most of the English don't give a *Snip* about the muslims...

Last time we went to London we wanted to visit it by night and the people in our hostel were like:

'O you're going to visit Londonistan by night then... good luck with all the rubbish'

And rubbish we got, because more often we got in places were those muslims were doing the strangest thing...

when entering a square (a few near piccadilly circus I think; note not at, but near!) you see hundreds and hundreds of muslims all walking around in a circle.

We thought 'what the hell is going on here?'

But apparently this is the way it goes. When we asked what it was all about we got a green little smile and 'yeah, that's something ey'...

We kept watching and were quickly rudely woken up with:'you have probs with us'.

We hurried back to our bikes and went quickly back to the country side where people actually are superb...

We loved England and especially Wales for it's nature. But the big cities? Well, if we have to, but we avoid it...

The 'Paki's' as the Brits tend to call them are the same as here in Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands or France. A bunch of rude aggressive bastards...

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/4/2010 by semperfortis]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join