It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were in charge, how would you reveal aliens to the world?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'd probably go for a classic movie style public event greeting the aliens. It's what people expect from hollywood. Then take the aliens around the chat-show circuit. Sure it cheapens the experience but it sends out the message that's it's business as usual. Plus anyone really freaking out could believe it's just a big hoax.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I would rip the band-aid off and just come out and tell the people about them.

Then I'd sit back and let natural selection do the rest.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlankSlate
I'd probably go for a classic movie style public event greeting the aliens. It's what people expect from hollywood. Then take the aliens around the chat-show circuit.

"PRESIDENT: Greetings, fellow citizens. Let me now introduce 'Dave', from Andromeda...

[cue Dave, wave at camera]"

Can you really see anything like this taking place?

Disclosure cannot ever happen like that. We would all suddenly be living in a movie. If disclosure ever happens (doubtful) it would be over a very long period (decades). First they would announce the discovery of bacterial life, then small creatures/insects... and so on up. It would be a drawn out process, so as to minimize the shock.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
i would just say it flat out. Maybe then we could put religion to the side and focus on the future of humanity. one world order, one currency etc

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Not that I am good enough to judge, but, I did start the thread so my winner is FOXMULDER147 with...

Disclosure cannot ever happen like that. We would all suddenly be living in a movie. If disclosure ever happens (doubtful) it would be over a very long period (decades). First they would announce the discovery of bacterial life, then small creatures/insects... and so on up. It would be a drawn out process, so as to minimize the shock.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If it was me, then I would say, "What are you talking about? They already here, inbreeding with us, walk and talk with us." We just busy with our entertainment life and forgot who's who.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Aslpride

Take a film crew to Wright Patterson AFB, get in the elevator and go down six levels.

Then give the footage to CNN.

Whammo!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen the President of the United States...:

Ladies and Gentlemen. Today we are here for a very special reason.
I was introduced to a topic which I always believed was total nonsense.
However, what I was told is of major importance to us all, a ticket to the future.

But first... My apologies. From me, the military and everyone involved. The choice they made back in the past, has become to difficult to maintain..

Ladies and Gentleman... We are not alone !

let me introduce to you, the one and only Jesus and Mohamed, Budha, Zeus,and so on...

They are part of an ancient alien race that assists new intelligent animals to guide them and make them evolve one step at the time.

Here on Earth they, for the first time combined all their teachings on one planet. The intention was good however they realized they had to stop because the divine divided us into animals with a killing frenzy again.

If you have any questions ask them that's what they are here for.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by axiomuser
Not that I am good enough to judge, but, I did start the thread so my winner is FOXMULDER147 with...

Thank you very much.

I think we're getting closer to discovering microbacterial life on other planets/moons. We are discovering more and more planets with liquid water, which is of course the key to finding life. If Obama doesn't ruin NASA completely, I think there's a chance we will discover some form of basic life within the next 10-15 years.

As far as intelligent/humanoid-type life I remain very skeptical. I believe it exists somewhere, and I believe some UFOs may be alien, but I don't believe any of this nonsense about aliens working with our governments. I think we give the government way too much credit on this issue. They may have found a crashed UFO (it's probably in a hanger somewhere collecting dust) and of course they will know about the UFOs in the sky, but the truth is the government is probably as clueless about it all as we are...

And that is possibly the reason they haven't disclosed anything about it, and why they won't.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by axiomuser

Hopefully we would not be the meat for the cookout. Good idea though. Can you imagine Obama with a beer in his hand talking about baseball with a three foot grey? One of the aliens would probably drink too much and fall in the pool.

Ha Ha Ha ...that is exactly how I would want it to be...[pres]: "yeah Dave[the newly befrinded alien] ...But you can't rule out Cincy this year for the pennant...who..woahhh ....whow..ohh...KER...SPLASH. :

We here at ATS, even the hard core skeptics, take this (and ourselves) just a little too seriously disclosure wise. No, I am not trivializing disclosure, but just like One of the resident Fox Moulder's has pointed out.....Disclosure has been an evolving reality for decades now! Yes, just imagine border control laws after the party!!!!
Zep out

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Pay per view series.
I'd milk it for every penny every way possible.

I'd feel like Blago with a Senate seat available to the highest bidder.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
via live feed from a alien super technology reverse engineered dragon flying above times square and shooting lasers at the poeople below with my mind which has also been upgraded from the aliens.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Well the aliens would be here to eat us right?

So I would have them on the lawn of the whitehouse munching a few activists have the cameras pan in zoom in and tell the world " here are my new friends the Aliens, wanna still #### with me folks!!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
So many humanitarians on ATS.

I would do exactly the same that TPTB are doing. I would take advantage of the situation, make a ton of money and let the world discover the information after I die.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I would just tell the people soon as possible by whatever means possible. The quicker that everyone gets used to the idea the better. We may have mass panic but it would calm down after a while.
Discloser also depends on the motive of the ETs that has visited. If the ETs have hostile intent wouldnt you like to be prepared for a fight? i know i would.

Im afraid of how the religious organisation's will act due to the ET contact event, Some will see it as Satan returning and some will see it as the messiah.
This would be the biggest problem IMO. It may even cause a war!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I reckon Ophiuchus 13 got the right idea, you won't know what or how to tell the world without knowing if these 'aliens' are hostile or humble.

1) If they were humble, then the approach gradually introducing them into films, big events (i.e. olympics, world cups), streaming (i.e youtube), advertisments etc. In my own opinion, i think they are already doing this (just super slowly).

2) If they were hostile, well guess they just have to broadcast that on every news channel in the world. More the likely the US president will have the speech on live television to say "we are under attack blah blah blah".

Using the humble approach (1), this would gradually 're-program' human minds and lead them to think its not a big deal. Don't think the human mind can deal with a sudden shock without causing chaos.

Either way, they will be groups of humans against it all and create riots. Nothing can stop them, their mind can't/won't understand and accept it.

It would however disrupt any peaceful movements, nature of humans, current rebellious groups. All religious followers will start doubting in one form or another.

Life just won't be the same after aliens are exposed officially to the public.

T.

EDIT:

If there were both humble and hostile aliens, i'd take option 1 and tell the people to protect themselves in a pro-active approach rather then the reactive way!

[edit on 4-6-2010 by coldhand]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

The reason they cover it up so well is to maintain the element of surprise...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
"I have some good news and some bad news...

... first the good news"

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Two words:
Streaming vivisection.

Just to send the message that we learned our lesson about allowing illegal aliens in to screw with our culture, and will not allow it again.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The two best examples, atleast in movie form, are Signs and District 9. Some would say Independence Day but that movie sucks... So, in Signs we see that disclosure happens to us by the aliens before they attack. And District 9 we get used to them and put them in a Hooverville type camp and say "they took our jobs!" Either way not so good for us or them.

FROM SIGNS:

FROM DISTRICT 9:

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join