It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were in charge, how would you reveal aliens to the world?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by axiomuser

Originally posted by Visitor2012
I would probably introduce people to themselves before I reveal anything beyond the earthly realm.

Best response yet! This has always been my thinking, and part of the reason for the thread. I see any disclosure as being gasoline on the fire that is human nature. We would probably all kill each other out of fear and paranoia.

I think this is the very reason why nothing has been revealed yet.

Revealing it all at once without the proper and compassionate raising of the collective human conscience to receive it, could be disastrous. IMHO

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Axiomuser's favorite Axiom...

There is only one Truth, whose existence requires no proof, because it is of itself proof enough to those who are capable of perceiving it. Why should we enter into complexity to seek for that which is simple?

The good news about your theory of dealing with bad aliens is that in America we already have the guns.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I Would release a video of the aliens and an interview and it would be on the news.....people would all think that it wasnt real etc or be skeptic then you wait till the moment is right and have it confirmed and then followed a conferance and then and introduction to the world

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Call a press conference

"Ok people of the world, I have some big news.....But I'm only going to tell you if you promise not to go nuts and start looting.....OK do you promise? Well you know those Greys everyone talks about? Well meet EEBE, he is here to spread love and happiness through the world"

"Mr president, it seems the people do not want love and happiness in the world.... the looting and rioting has begun"

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I'd announce it during the Super Bowl half-time show.

That would make for one interesting second half!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
"How would you reveal aliens?"

Another classic example of human vanity. The idea that aliens would "work" with humans is illogical and irrational. IF these aliens exist (and I'm confident they do somewhere), the very fact that they can travel interstellar means - without any doubt - they are far more evolved and advanced than we are. So, let me ask you a question:

If you discovered a world full of bipedal chimpanzees or neanderthals (which is probably what we are in comparison to our intergalatic cousins), would you "work" with them?

We give ourselves WAY too much credit.

WE don't reveal aliens. If they ever find our world and come here, make no mistake - it will be entirely on their terms (hence Hawking's recent warning on this subject)

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by axiomuser
If you were in charge, how would you reveal aliens to the world?

I'd set up a catastrophic scenario with an immanent disaster that would affect all of mankind if not stop or impeded, then have my alien buddies go out and save our butts at the last minute.

People would be so grateful that their horrible deaths were averted, they'd throw a parade for our space brothers.

That might work.

They can also go and plug the oil leak, then zip off into space real mysterious like.
That would give them some brownie points, and set them up for the big intro.

Make it happen, captain.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Excellent! That is what I am talking about. Great point. I think that if there was disclosure it would be the aliens idea to make it happen. A leader would have to be of the mind that it is better to be a pet than livestock and do whatever it took to survive.

The only other case is of the benevolent ET whos purpose is to intermingle with us. Maybe to study how the monkeys interact with beings of greater intelligence and power, so they get the head monkey to tell the rest of the group.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

If you discovered a world full of bipedal chimpanzees or neanderthals (which is probably what we are in comparison to our intergalatic cousins), would you "work" with them?

Yes we do tend to work and protect most creatures on this planet when we can THANKS BP anyway its embedded within our nature to recognize life and try to understand it and once we do understand it we tend to protect it so I dont think we are giving ourselves or the non humans too much credit. Alpha sent Watchers to watch over our development. Yes some messed up bad with the pretty ladies but the intention was to watch over human development and would these watchers who obeyed be considered evil or good especially if they came to help us advance overall.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by axiomuser

Yes, but like all monkeys...they throw their Poo

Thus, is difficult to want to be around.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I would release the information on TV and make sure to go into detail everything we know about them, where they come from, why they are here, how long etc.

You would need to make sure all details are released so that people feel they already know them before they ever met them. If you didn't release all information and held stuff in then people would panic in fear of the unknown.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I would adress the sheeple and let them know how the prior administrations before me felt th public was to irrational to know the truth. Then I would address how I will set america free of lies. I would underline my risk of telling the world and to ensure if something happens to me it was result of this speach.

I would start off small with things the people know is true such as the pentagon was not hit with a plane and disscuss a couple other things like JFK.

After setting the stage for shock and awe I would drop the bomb.

I think this way it will be so much at once people will not band onto one subject. By doing this it would ensure one of 2 things. Re-election or assasination by the "buildabear" group.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
There is no way they will reveal aliens to us because alien tech would destroy our antiquated system and entire way of life.

Also, aliens don't want to get involved but rather leave us to decide our own fate.

I say they hide it at least until they've given global govt. their best shot. We'll have to wrestle the truth from them... or our liberty and then get our own truth.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

"How" is important, but "Who" introduces them may be more crucial. In my opinion, a spiritually enlightened and recognized group would work, a group of Buddhist monks, for example. Of course, as a rule, do not trust your government. Do not trust any realm where money flows. ... and... trust yourself.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Good question, OP.

I would start by telling the world that we are a genetic experiment gone horribly wrong. Having softened them up a little, I would proceed to the subject of our status in the galaxy. I think it's important that we learn how ET children in playgrounds call each other 'Terrans' and 'Earthers' in the derogatory. It should be known that in the satirical idiom of grey children, even the other planets in our system regard us with disfavour. "Oh, look - there's smelly old Earth, let's hide behind the sun and chuck meteors."

Depending on one of two factors, I would then either say, "Thank crikey they seem friendly," or "it's head between the legs time, everybody. You know what to kiss"

Such disclosure would of course have a tremendous impact on the human race. Religious types would find their minds evaporating, often in instances of shouty proclamation that this was all in God's plan. Nervy types would start doing what nervy types do under stress, which could get ugly on a global scale. Politicians would align and condemn and use it all to their own advantage. In short, the small-minded would have their day.
This seems a bit unfair to me, as they've had at least the last few millennia.

And who's to say it will be Obama anyway? What if the news comes from Indonesia, or Scotland?

Anyway, in seriousness, if it ever happens, I expect it will be as a precursor to some sweeping change of a different nature. Bluebook, anyone?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Funny or Not, Entertaining or Not, H.G. Wells " War of the Worlds" is something that has far more truth and paints a vivid picture of things to come in the not too distant future. Obviously i am not referring to the special effects or the actors but strictly to the methodology used if one was to attack the inhabitants of this planet.

1) Disrupt or Knockout targeted communications

2) Embed fear equal to what they hold dearest. ( Religion )

Simple and undisputed methods to be used. We conduct similar methods on our very own DNA.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I would basically make it extremely clear from the outset that I am/we are absolutely, unequivocally NOT anything like the (f-ing) weaselly politicians (with whom the public is all too familiar) who can only TALK about things. Words are meaningless. Actions and hard evidence alone are all that speak, period, EVER. It's time to grow up, quit bitching, get real and dig into the serious problem solving. Let's get MOBILIZED, folks!

Ot that's the basic idea of it.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by moralcompass

"How" is important, but "Who" introduces them may be more crucial. In my opinion, a spiritually enlightened and recognized group would work, a group of Buddhist monks, for example.

I would agree with the who. I would stray away from using any religious organizations as that would be hypocritical. Lets face it, they have pretty much hung themselves on the ET issue except for maybe a few and only for the past few years. (talking about the big institutions) I would accept Buddhists though as the astral plane could be considered an extra solar arena. Thats just me though.

Releasing information bit by bit seems to be the current strategy if there is one. Full disclosure would be too big of a shock I think. But, maybe throwing cold water in the face of stupid things that are important to us today might just be psychological change that we need to grow up, moving us out into the universe, instead of into the ground where our heads currently are buried.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Why does the aliens have to be revealed in the first place? I'm sure the aliens would reveal themselves in time. Time will tell.

[edit on 3/6/2010 by mahis]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
if i were in charge i wouldnt disclose anything.

its far too amusing to watch the true believers and debunkers go at it on these message boards!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join