Irish ship on collision course with Israeli navy near Gaza

page: 1
72
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+28 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

By
PATRICK COOPER
,
IrishCentral.com Staff Writer




The 'Rachel Corrie,' the Irish-owned ship with Nobel Peace Prize winner Mairead Maguire on board, continued to sail towards Gaza waters despite Israel making it clear they were giving no guarantees about its safety.

Maguire said the deaths of ten flotilla members at the hands of Israeli commandos had not deterred her of her fellow Irish blockade-runners. "We’re not frightened, no," she said in an interview.

source

also worth quoting from the article




"If any harm comes to any of our citizens, it will have the most serious consequences," Prime Minister Brian Cowen said.




Hope i don't wake up to some terrible news in the morning.

Anyone has any ideas what sort of an affect an attack on an Irish vessel would have?

To follow the ship on its journey go to:-

Rachel Corrie Live Map Journey

UPDATE : ships journey has not been updated since 31st May 2010. Not exactly sure where it is as the article suggests its still "heading" towards Gaza.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by StealthKix]

Added real time map

[edit on 2-6-2010 by StealthKix]

Changed real time to live map info

[edit on 2-6-2010 by StealthKix]

[edit on 2-6-2010 by StealthKix]



+37 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Godspeed the Irish.

That's all i'm saying.



posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
All I gotta say is...

IDF better hope Padraig Harrington isn't on board swinging a 9 iron!!!




posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Whoa check it out they stopped in Malta.

The conspiracy theorist in me first thought "what is this a illuminati plot to stir the pot?" Then I saw the map. They were in Malta. Yeah I know it's a big important port and a lot of people go through there, etc.

Malta is just loaded with a deep complex history full of intrigue, ambition, and subterfuge.

Some good reading about a famous 'secret society' (that still exists today), the Knights of Malta.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...


It just seems to me like it's set up by powerful forces we cannot see exactly. "Nobel Peace Prize winner Mairead Maguire" is a pretty important person, and by deduction we can assume Maguire knows some pretty important people. Being a Prize winner up there with Obama.

Who knows what this could turn into in a few days when they actually go to Gaza. I am assuming they will just have their cargo checked and allowed through. We will have to wait and see if this turns into something big.



posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Another passenger aboard the `Rachel Corrie`not mentioned in the article you linked .


Denis Halliday, a former assistant secretary general of the UN. After more than 30 years in the UN, he was appointed humanitarian co-ordinator in Iraq in 1997. Halliday is a graduate of Trinity College Dublin and was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Irish Times


edit :to fix quote.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by UmbraSumus]

[edit on 2-6-2010 by UmbraSumus]


+13 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Godspeed the Irish.
That's all i'm (sic) saying.





If there was an American Naval Blockade around Cuba to prevent nukes from getting in, would you be saying the same thing.
Israel is fighting for it's safety and has warned all ships to a certain harbor for inspection. Any ships running the blockade will be stopped.
Any ship that runs a naval blockade deserves to be dealt with in the extremes.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Violater1]



posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well this could be interesting. If they use kid gloves now, Israel can be accused of attacking a boat showing a Turkish flag, but not an Irish boat. Thus antagonizing Turkey even more.


If they go in with the 'copters and guns blazing, the outrage worldwide will be lethal. That would tip the US against Israel for sure.

Catch 22.

[edit on 2/6/2010 by Chamberf=6]



posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Whoa check it out they stopped in Malta.



That was from there last position taken on 31st May 2010. Not sure where they would be now 3-4 days later.

My guess is they are approaching Israel. If anyone has a way to find out it would help.



posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
never mind

[edit on 6/2/2010 by clay2 baraka]



posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka
 


Does seem strange as if you look at most of the other ships they are updated within 1-30mins



posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
When I checked it showed the ship just south-west of Malta. How long has it been there?



posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6
 


Click the ship icon it says 05-31-2010 :puz this is strange as all other ships are constantly updated.

This is the "last known transmission" sent from the ships GPS. Could it have been blocked? Or disabled?


+35 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

If there was an American Naval Blockade around Cuba to prevent nukes from getting in, would you be saying the same thing.
Israel is fighting for it's safety and has warned all ships to a certain harbor for inspection. Any ships running the blockade will be stopped.
Any ship that runs a naval blockade deserves to be dealt with in the extremes.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Violater1]


Illegal blockade mate. Sorry.


+22 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
They should reach Israel by early Friday.

I sincerly hope no harm comes to that ships passengers. Our Prime Minister or 'Taoiseach' as we call him has made his feelings abundantly clear, he was outraged at the attack on the flotilla and at the arrests of the Irish civilians who were there at the time (one of whom is a good friend of mine, im so thankful he is okay ).

This has really taken over the Irish media, the guys that return home arrive to a heroes welcome, i think I can safely speak for the majority of Irish people when I say we are very proud of them and disgusted at the Israeli government for what they did.

If this goes bad then Israel can expect an abundance of Irish people arriving in dingys, boats, canoes, jet skis, hitchhiking etc, all ready to fight. Yeah we havent got much of an army but hey who cares, you mess with one of us and you are taking us all on.



posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I think I can explain why it has not been updated, I was watching CNN and they had the founder of the free gaza movement on the phone and they asked her how far that ship was out and she said that they will not say anymore because they don't trust Israel. Maybe that is why their location is not being updated.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by FearfulButInterested]



posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I can't find the ship on the live ship map.



posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by primus2012
 


FearfulButInterested post makes sense. Considering what happened to the other ship their position must be masked.


Originally posted by FearfulButInterested
I think I can explain why it has not been updated, I was watching CNN and they had the founder of the free gaza movement on the phone and they asked her how far that ship was out and she said that they will not say anymore because they don't trust Israel. Maybe that is why their location is not being updated.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by FearfulButInterested]


Also when Israeli Navy makes comments like these i can't blame them.

Israeli Navy: Next time we will use more force




As the Israeli Navy prepares to for two more aid ships currently underway to Gaza, it announced that this next time it will come better prepared "for war" and will use more force.
Source

ATS thread...

[edit on 2-6-2010 by StealthKix]


+16 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
They should reach Israel by early Friday.

I sincerly hope no harm comes to that ships passengers. Our Prime Minister or 'Taoiseach' as we call him has made his feelings abundantly clear, he was outraged at the attack on the flotilla and at the arrests of the Irish civilians who were there at the time (one of whom is a good friend of mine, im so thankful he is okay ).

This has really taken over the Irish media, the guys that return home arrive to a heroes welcome, i think I can safely speak for the majority of Irish people when I say we are very proud of them and disgusted at the Israeli government for what they did.


I'm english. I'm rooting for the Irish here. I want to see bravery in the face of tyranny.

The Irish know how to do it.


+2 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1
 


Many of the items needed won't get to the people in gaza if they go through Israeli channels, they only allow very basic food and aid...and even then the UN says they only allow a quarter of what is needed. These people on the ship are enforcing international law while Israels blockade on gaza is breaking international law.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Solomons]



posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Interesting responses...and ones that speak volumes about the people posting them. I guess as long as it is against Israel it is ok to deliberately attempt to create an incident.





new topics
top topics
 
72
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join