Irish ship on collision course with Israeli navy near Gaza

page: 2
72
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthKix
reply to post by primus2012
 


FearfulButInterested post makes sense. Considering what happened to the other ship their position must be masked.


Originally posted by FearfulButInterested
I think I can explain why it has not been updated, I was watching CNN and they had the founder of the free gaza movement on the phone and they asked her how far that ship was out and she said that they will not say anymore because they don't trust Israel. Maybe that is why their location is not being updated.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by FearfulButInterested]


Also when Israeli Navy makes comments like these i can't blame them.

Israeli Navy: Next time we will use more force




As the Israeli Navy prepares to for two more aid ships currently underway to Gaza, it announced that this next time it will come better prepared "for war" and will use more force.
Source

ATS thread...

[edit on 2-6-2010 by StealthKix]


Ah, so it'd be like flying a plane with the transponder off? Hopefully the Sea Patrol doesn't give them too many tickets



+3 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by backwherewestarted
Interesting responses...and ones that speak volumes about the people posting them. I guess as long as it is against Israel it is ok to deliberately attempt to create an incident.


Attemp to create an incident?

The Rachel Corrie has been preparing for months to bring aid to Gaza, the ship was planned to be one of the first to arrive in Gaza but it was delayed due to mechanical problems. Look up the name Rachel Corrie the girl the ship was named after.



posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha

Originally posted by backwherewestarted
Interesting responses...and ones that speak volumes about the people posting them. I guess as long as it is against Israel it is ok to deliberately attempt to create an incident.


Attemp to create an incident?

The Rachel Corrie has been preparing for months to bring aid to Gaza, the ship was planned to be one of the first to arrive in Gaza but it was delayed due to mechanical problems. Look up the name Rachel Corrie the girl the ship was named after.


1) Based on where you are from I do not expect anything but defense of the ship.

2) Reading the comments, it's clear they intend to create an incident.

3) Who gives a *snip* who the ship is named after.

Please don't circumvent the automatic censors.


[edit on 2-6-2010 by gallopinghordes]



posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha

Originally posted by backwherewestarted
Interesting responses...and ones that speak volumes about the people posting them. I guess as long as it is against Israel it is ok to deliberately attempt to create an incident.


reply to post by backwherewestarted
 


The Rachel Corrie has been preparing for months to bring aid to Gaza, the ship was planned to be one of the first to arrive in Gaza but it was delayed due to mechanical problems. Look up the name Rachel Corrie the girl the ship was named after.


Rachel Aliene Corrie (April 10, 1979 – March 16, 2003) was an American member of the International Solidarity Movement (ISM). She was killed in the Gaza Strip by an Israel Defence Forces (IDF) bulldozer while attempting to prevent IDF forces from demolishing the home of local Palestinian Samir Nasrallah. The IDF has claimed that the death has been due to restricted angle of view of the D9 bulldozer driver. The New York Times said Corrie and others were acting as "human shields." A student at the Evergreen State College, she had taken a year off and traveled to the Gaza Strip during the Second Intifada.[1]

wiki

taken from the wiki



On 30 March 2010, a 1800-tonne vessel was bought at auction in Dundalk, Ireland for €70,000 by the Free Gaza Movement. It was outfitted for use in a voyage to Gaza, named in honour of Rachel Corrie and launched 12 May 2010. It sailed to join a flotilla intended to directly confront Israel’s blockade of Gaza and take in basic supplies. The flotilla was intercepted (see Gaza flotilla raid) however the MV Rachel Corrie had not reached the other ships and continues "...ploughing ahead with its attempt to deliver aid to Gaza..."[97]


[edit on 2-6-2010 by StealthKix]



posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I hope this ends well, but considering the circumstances, wouldn't it better to give it a rest?




posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by backwherewestarted
 


I would say murdering innocent civilians is 'creating an incident', and that already happened.



posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
reply to post by backwherewestarted
 


I would say murdering innocent civilians is 'creating an incident', and that already happened.


Innocent civilians? It's actually frightening watching people like you buy into the BS shoveled by the MSM.


+6 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by backwherewestarted
 


Not gonna state my position but you have no idea what you are talking about I watched the MSM aka CNN all day today and they portrayed the flotilla as terrorists and the ones in the wrong and also had people on claiming no humanitarian crisis in gaza. So before you spout anything about the MSM,make sure you actually know what you're talking about.



posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
People around the world are waking up now!
WE are making the news. Not just us on ATS, but others like us around the world.

ALL SHIPS SAIL FOR GAZA!!!

If the Israeli's are smart, they will escort these ships in.

And they really are smart, but they don't control the winds of change and they are VERY slow realizing the winds have changed. Shame shame Israel. Perhaps you should occasionally listen to a Gentile.

Or even a Semite.



posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthKix
 

If tonight you're blissfully sailing into a declared security zone to prove some silly, irrelevant point then we'll gladly watch the highlights tomorrow morning. Thanks for the video antics. Go Israel.



posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FearfulButInterested
reply to post by backwherewestarted
 


Not gonna state my position but you have no idea what you are talking about I watched the MSM aka CNN all day today and they portrayed the flotilla as terrorists and the ones in the wrong and also had people on claiming no humanitarian crisis in gaza. So before you spout anything about the MSM,make sure you actually know what you're talking about.


Actually I do know what I am talking about and have seen all about horrible Israel attacking innocent civilians all over the place. Perhaps you shouldn't be spouting off at all and should attempt to discuss the topic instead of making feeble attempts at attacking others.


+21 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConserVet
reply to post by StealthKix
 

If tonight you're blissfully sailing into a declared security zone to prove some silly, irrelevant point then we'll gladly watch the highlights tomorrow morning. Thanks for the video antics. Go Israel.


Medicine isn't silly. Neither is food or water. Or wheel chairs. Or defiance against a dictatorship.

But i guess humanity isn't you strong point?



posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 


+14 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by backwherewestarted
 


lol get your facts right sir.

I dont get my news from CNN.

A friend of mine is due back in Ireland soon as he was deported from Israel, he is lucky to be alive after being on that ship, he is not a terrorist, he is one of the most selfless, caring people I know, the world could do with more people like him.

Have you actually heard any accounts from the people who were part of the aid flotilla? or do you restrict your accounts only to those viewed by the israeli government as adequate accounts?

aid as in supplies, does that not give you a hint as to what the ships purpose was? I would understand everyone calling them terrorists if the ship was full of masked men with guns and bombs, but no, the ship was jam packed with supplies for those desperatley needing them in Gaza.

Wake up!



posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by backwherewestarted
 

Yeah that's what I thought mate. Back on topic, hopefully when this ship arrives there will be no casualties this time. Hopefully it doesn't escalate into a war and if it does both sides are equally responsible.


+4 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by backwherewestarted
 


The only one slinging B.S here is you my friend. A good many of us watched the incident as it happened in realtime...so no need to get any of my info from MSM...

You apparently are taking the Israeli press releases that the MSM in the US is parroting as fact.

Those members on this board who were watching the event can tell you EXACTLY what they saw. Sometimes seeing IS believing!



posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The topic of this thread is: Irish ship on collision course with Israeli navy near Gaza NOT who is on topic or who isn't on topic or who is a troll or who should not be posting here.

Keep to the topic.

[edit on June 2nd 2010 by greeneyedleo]



posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Enough of the sniping and bickering, discuss the topic not each other.

Thanks,

gallopinghordes
ATS member and mod



posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
reply to post by backwherewestarted
 


lol get your facts right sir.

I dont get my news from CNN.

A friend of mine is due back in Ireland soon as he was deported from Israel, he is lucky to be alive after being on that ship, he is not a terrorist, he is one of the most selfless, caring people I know, the world could do with more people like him.

Have you actually heard any accounts from the people who were part of the aid flotilla? or do you restrict your accounts only to those viewed by the israeli government as adequate accounts?

aid as in supplies, does that not give you a hint as to what the ships purpose was? I would understand everyone calling them terrorists if the ship was full of masked men with guns and bombs, but no, the ship was jam packed with supplies for those desperatley needing them in Gaza.

Wake up!


Let me get this straight:

1) You have a buddy who was on "that ship" (No mention of the five ships that had peaceful searches?) and therefore are more believable, even though you have zero proof of this and simply expect me to believe you.

2) You immediately go on the attack claiming questioning what I have heard. I have heard both sides and, including the other facts, know which one is more believable. Perhaps you should open your eyes.

3) Aid? Do you mean like the aid Hamas is refusing to let in now? Do you mean the aid the Israelis wanted to search to make sure no bombs or guns were being smuggled in to Gaza...again.

Move on lassie.





top topics
 
72
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join