It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple question with no simple answer.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ivycutler
a simple answer.

Hate comes from Love.

Love is, and always will be, stronger.

Hate is confused Love.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klaatumagnum
That's not a hard question at all! Love! It's the stuff of creation itself. Metaphysically it utilizes the ultimate reality, that we are all one. Through it we see that others are just a reflection of ourselves. Hate uses a limited source of energy, it is destructive and not creative which diminishes it's own power. Hate seperates. Love unites. But the darkness let's us see the light. Think of it like electricity, positive & negative are necessary to make the energy flow. Choose Love it's the way to union with the Eternal Creator.

Again it sounds right but much of it is wrong. Hatred has united more people throughout history than love. When love unites it is usually on a very small scale. Love is usually personal and often held close to the breast while hatred is shared and projected.

Love can create life but the number of war orphans can show proof that hatred can create life as well.

I do believe that there is a direct relationship between the two, I just have not decided if it is symbiotic, commensal or down right parasitic.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mahis

Originally posted by ivycutler
a simple answer.

Hate comes from Love.

Love is, and always will be, stronger.

Hate is confused Love.

That is a great first line to a poem or a song.

Well at least you made me smile.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
i think love is stronger due to the fact u can love someone so much u hate them.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by airvicemarshal

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn

What is the difference between killing for love or killing for love?

Well, DUH! There is not difference at all as they are obviously identical!

LOGIC 101...

"killing for love" must equal "killing for love"

[edit on 2-6-2010 by airvicemarshal]

Thanks for pointing out the typo. I made the correction.

Was your response to my typo or do you think that killing for love or killing for hate is identical?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I dont know which is stronger....but I DO believe that Hate brings people together more than Love does.

Point in fact: 9/11....before 9/11 we were a nation of individuals divided by region, race, socioeconomic class......but immediately after 9/11 ALL Americans were united by our hatred of who had done this terrible thing to us.

Think about the time you have aligned with someone you didnt necesarily like ( like maybe your boss)...you do align with our co workers against the boss when you both hate the boss...

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Lynzer]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Love is stronger than hate. Love, on a basic level, needs no energy to maintain. Hate(anger) takes a tremendous amount of energy to maintain. Trust me, I was an angry person until my early 30's. I didn't realize how tiring it was at the time but I do now. Energy has it's limits, thus love is stronger. Make sense?

So you are saying that love is stronger because of its sustainability? You believe that hate will burn its self out because it requires too much energy to maintain?

It gives me something to think about. Though love does not always sustain. If it did there would be no divorces and hate does not always burn its self out. A slow burning hate like embers can live a long time utilizing very little energy.

Under certain circumstances holding on to love requires amazing strength and energy, but I will keep thinking about this one.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Your post was poetic and beautiful but I don't know if I can accept all of it as it is written. I don’t think all people find peace in love.

I think that those who cannot find peace in love are for want of a better word dancing with the wrong energies, are probably not perceiving and recognising the true definition of love as an altruistic force or they are seeking out love while something within them has afflicted them with social or nurture wrought damage. Such a damage could to my mind contradict this energy and distract them from just giving in to the feeling. Love is free for all but in saying that it is also free to leave too.

Love can be replaced but never transformed into a negative – in my opinion.

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn For many love can bring a weighted agony that does not bring joy or peace.

I find that difficult to understand as for someone to find love a form of weighted agony as you say indicates to me that they are not knowing love as I would see it but they may be experiencing something else altogether. Love should not cause pain because its nature is anathema to pain unless you talk about that heated ache in the chest, rising toward the throat. From my experience there are many emotions that can be misidentified with love and sadly love can get an undeserved bad rap.

To love a person and not have that love returned would be painful but is it really love or is it something that resembles love- something like an obsession to push the sufferer on into possession of that whom he/she thinks they love? Love can exist in such a one way reality I think but if the one who loves cannot accept that the other may not feel the same way and continues to pursue then the feeling is not love as I would identify it but rather lust or at need at least to posses and the two are not the same.

Love in its pure form is altruistic and does not come with conditions that love must be returned equally. When such expectations are given life then for sure someone is going to get hurt and feel a weighty agony but it is also unfortunately only their own fault.

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn If love is about everything and so powerful why does hatred reign supreme?

I do not think that hatred reigns supreme and yet I can see why it would look like it does at face value. I prefer to look much deeper than just what I can see and hear, touch and taste. Hatred is the domain of the damaged and bitter people and they are surrounded by a force that withers them away over a period of time. For instance have you even known a person that hated who was ever truly happy? I have met many haters from many walks of life and I never met a single one rich or poor who was happy with their life or saw any real light for their future and I am not exaggerating either.

I have however met some incredibly loving people who may have had nothing, lived in travelling communities and lived hand by mouth but wow – they exhibited such an energy I loved being around.

You mention hatred reigning supreme and I said I see it differently and so I must mention in what way. We reap what we sow but the reaping is not necessarily next week or next month or even next decade but in the end there is to my mind always going to be a very real price to pay. What use is being a billionair if the end will be a system reboot so to speak? I am not talking of god I am however talking of karma and thus I sincerely believe that in trying to stay away from giving those negative energies wings that I will live a happier life and I will not have to atone at a later juncture for something I may have done in the past.

Example I was a soldier once and an aggressive person who lived a violent self serving life. My peer group was regressive and unforgiving and I paid a heavy price in that I ended up almost dead and certainly badly injured to the extent that it took me many years to recover. I have a strong feeling that I brought it down on me for the many bad things I had done to others and I should regret and once did but I have thankfully been able to reconcile my earlier stupidity and tossed that bad energy to the winds via meditation and much self discovery.

Since I changed my way of thinking and living I have found that the sun tends to shine more in the context of my life and bad things do not happen to or around me anymore. Coincidence and subjective reasoning possibly but you never know, it is a weird life we all live.

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn If everything started with love then love became hate when twisted and misconstrued. So love and hate is the same thing; just in different states. Like H2O; liquid, gas, or solid. It is the same formula.

No with respect I think you may have misunderstood what I said earlier. I have never thought that hate can be twisted into hatred as the two energies are completely different in my opinion. What I think I said is that a hateful energy could be misidentified as love because hate twists perceptions to suite the one doing the hating.

Love when used to an end and when seen through bitter eyes and a black heart is never going to be love but disguised hate twisting itself to mimic what the blackened heart may think is a convincing mimicry of love will always do the job because most in my opinion have forgotten the truth of love and thus are easily fooled now to follow the so called loving soul.

Damage in psychological terms can cause this and it takes meditation to fix it and lots of it.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Hate...............My Dad always said hate is such a strong word .....I suppose in a way he is right!!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Survival is a base instinct therefore the following questions would apply to your question:

Would you gladly give your own life out of hate? Alternatively, would you gladly give your own life out of love?

Love, by far is the stronger of the two. Hate is not the opposite of love... indifference is. Hate is a lesser emotion.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachrk

Hate is stronger. It kills you from the inside out. Yes love can do the same but at a slower pace. So I'll take the love. I guess I'm a sucker for self torture.

I have heard of people that have been tortured by love. I guess it would be a very slow process until you decided it wasn't worth the effort and just stopped.

That is another thing. People think that it is such an easy thing to let go of hate. So wouldn't it be just as easy to let go of a love that hurts?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by shawnsgirl1997

Then you are saying they are the same?

Or that you can love and hate at the same time?

If you can love and hate at the same time, is it in equal measure?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by vesta
Hate...............My Dad always said hate is such a strong word .....I suppose in a way he is right!!

Funny. My Dad used to say that also. He used to follow it with, "What you really mean is that you don't like it." "You haven't lived long enough to know how to hate and I hope you never learn."

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I have heard of people that have been tortured by love. I guess it would be a very slow process until you decided it wasn't worth the effort and just stopped.
That is another thing. People think that it is such an easy thing to let go of hate. So wouldn't it be just as easy to let go of a love that hurts?

Yup, just like hate. I had an experience a few years ago when I met my "soul mate". Never believed in that term before then. The problem? Married with 3 kids. She's was in my thoughts, dreams, damn. I finally just shut it off. I had to for the sake of my family.

Hate is harder to let go of. Love happens to you. Hate is a part of you. It's hard to leave a piece of you behind. Scary for some.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Love certainly feels better than hate. It's hard to love somebody who just cut you off in traffic or insulted you. If you could really love people and understand where thay are coming from. I think that would bring some peace to one's life, although I must admit it can be difficult.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Bently]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Love is stronger
Hate is more powerful

Love builds
Hate destroys

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I think I have the answer!

Here is my reasoning:
Love and hate come from one chakra (anahata, chest chakra).
Love and hate are polarities of a single emotion.
Hate overshadows love but love eventually outshines hate.
The nature of love is creation and the nature of hate is destruction.
So that means love is primary and hate is secondary.
Love is eternal and hate is temporary.

I think this allegory is appropriate here: fire (hate) boiling water and water (love) extinguishing fire.
Some day fire will be gone but water will always persist.

So here is my answer to your question:
Hate is stronger in the short term. Love is stronger in the long term.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Etherguide]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The love that cures all ills is the love that is felt within self. It's a positive love and not one formed from bondage.

Not love of self, but love within self. If everyone had felt this type of love within their hearts..then and only then would we know how to love each other.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Survival is a base instinct therefore the following questions would apply to your question:

Would you gladly give your own life out of hate? Alternatively, would you gladly give your own life out of love?

Love, by far is the stronger of the two. Hate is not the opposite of love... indifference is. Hate is a lesser emotion.

I understand and appreciate what you are saying and no I would not give my life out of hate. Yet though you and I would not we know of cases where this has happened and will more than likely happen again.

I guess the part that puzzles me is that for almost every situation where you can use the word love you can replace it with the word hate.

They are like Siamese twins.

I want to believe that love is the stronger and that hatred will be defeated but I am just not feeling it. I work in an environment that puts me in contact with large numbers of people and the general mood is anger and hostility.

The kinder you are, the nastier they are. I was even struck by a woman because she could not get the person she was talking to on the phone to stop what they were doing and come to attend to her.

I don't see it getting better. In fact right now I would settle for just a little indifference.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Love or Hate; which is stronger?

Why don't you start by telling us what you think these things are?

Many of the statements in your post don't agree with my perceptions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join