It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lebanon fires on Israeli warplanes: security official

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Dude if you've been on KI for the last month for no reason then you better be ready to sue your employer!!! He's an idiot!!!

And tell him a CRV isnt the best getaway vehicle....a nice Jeep Cherokee would have been better along with lots of KI tablets to take WHEN YOU NEED THEM THEM NOT BEFORE.

Originally posted by minkey53

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
What are the chances that this will start WW3?

They have been at each other's throats forever

Everybody start packing their bug out bags

Mine is already packed, my employer has had me and my wife on potassium iodine tabs for a month now and we have a shiny new black Honda CRV with Limo black windows thanks to my employer.

So something is in the air, we just aren't being told what and have been told not t ask again!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
reply to post by Skellon

Ahh so the enemies of Israel bait it...
How do they do that, by forcing Israel to fly its jets into their territory??
Neat trick I must say...

I shall respond to your question by quoting BuffaloJoe as he presented it well;

The reason they are still there is their preemptive approach to national security. If Israel were to completely disarm today, they would be off the map within months.

The keyword being preemptive

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Skellon]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BuffaloJoe
I don't understand the anti-semitic overtone on ATS here.

Just a guess but I'd say murdering relief workers and peace activists in international waters and the talumudic aparthied and the resulting 40 year humanitarian crisis in Pallestine might have something to do with it. We did the same thing here in America to the native americans, but had the common decency later on to at least let these people eat and exsist.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
There are already many legitimate ways to provide and move aid to Gaza. Why are these "activists" choosing a method that they know is prohibited?

To me this says they arent trying to get aid in but they are trying to challenge a blockade which is a whole different story.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by princeofpeace]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
S&F as well as thanks for a very informative and well thought post. You, Skellon, and BuffaloJoe make very good points and reminded me of some details I'd forgotten. The different lines between Anti-Semite and Anti-Judaism among others.

The provocations will continue as long as they can. The biggest danger in this escalating into a major conflict is a mistake or a truly rogue element. A Israeli pilot too low to miss with FLAK, a patrol captured, or a mujaheddin with a SAM. A angry SCUD crew that wants to start something. Tired, angry, frustration, or fanaticism could spiral the situation out of control.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
One thing i dont understand is why the hell did they take land away from a people, to give it to another religion, the both of whom dont get along?

thats like obama trying to steal a seat from a palin at a republican rally.

just askin for trouble

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawaiinguy12

Lebanon fires on Israeli warplanes: security official

www.google.com

(AFP) – 43 minutes ago JERUSALEM — Lebanon's military fired anti-aircraft artillery at Israeli warplanes that were flying over Lebanon, a senior Israeli security official said on Tuesday. "Our aircraft have been targeted by the Lebanese anti-aircraft guns while flying over southern Lebanon, and there was no damage," the official who requested the anonymity told AFP. A military spokesperson neither confirmed nor denied the report. Lebanon issues almost daily reports of Israeli violations of its air space, but its military rarely opens fire unless the planes fly within range of its guns.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Lebanese AA guns rarely open fire on Israeli aircraft (or at least they don't admit it) because they have very little chance of actually scoring a hit.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaiinguy12

Well if they do it all the time and Lebanon doesn't say much, i wouldn't call it provocation. I would call Israel dumb for doing it, and to continue it after this.

However, I doubt this is much more than an angry private doing what he feels necessary within the law.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

they have the palestinians like yo-yo's for the past 40 years, the peace process is joke not because of the palestinians but because they (israelis) want all of the west bank and gaza for themselves. they waited 4000 years for a state whats another 4000. their plan is to stall and stall and keep expanding settlements until israelis outnumber palestinians and it becomes like south africa used to be. its half way their because dogs get treated better than the palestinians.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

Well preemtive is one word...

After a lot of posters ,including yourself, justifying Israel's stance on the raid on the protest ships. Saying it was within their territory, rights etc.
Then my word for it word be HYPOCRITICAL.....

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
If Lebanon goes ahead and shoots an Israeli plane down then Israel won't be able to complain one bit after hitting that ship in international waters.

Flyovers are basically terrorism, they are just trying to scare the people of Lebanon into backing a regime supportive of Israel. I assume its effective since the same planes have bombed those people.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
If a Lebanese AA hit an Israeli war plane... There will be HARD retaliation.

All the more reason why countries should learn to keep their militaries in their own territories.

This is provocation, at the least.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

I really doubt that Israel would ever use a nuke on Turkey or Lebanon even if they used SCUD missiles on Israel because of the fallout repercussion. It is obvious that they do not care about Geo-political viewpoints.

And it's obvious they don't care about about fallout since they are using DEPLETED URANIUM every single day in Gaza, West Bank, Lebanon, which is as worse as a nuke.

Since a nuke is less than 15 lbs of highly enriched uranium while DU has been used in TONS over the years.

The Israeli government don't give a flying turd about their population.

In other news the US should give Patriot missiles to Lebanon.

Or eh, MAYBE UNIFIL can do it's stinking job and shoot down those Israeli warplanes? They have the capabilities and Israel is violating the airspace.

People need to recognize the difference between Anti-Semite and Anti-Zionist...

Like they will ever do that. Without that the zionists are screwed, they don't have any arguments left.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Well this does not come as a surprise to me. As it says in the article, Israel violates Lebanon airspace daily and Lebanon just lets them go

Such Bull!!!!

Look, I'm not saying Israel is right, but Jesus, don't believe everything you read. I was visiting an Israeli base a few years ago near Lebanon and LEBANON fired missiles for no reason.
1 Israeli died, and the commander told us they randomly fire sometimes, just to keep the other in check.

Just because youre anti Israel doesn't mean you should believe any propaganda given by the other side.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Well this does not come as a surprise to me. As it says in the article, Israel violates Lebanon airspace daily and Lebanon just lets them go

Such Bull!!!!

Look, I'm not saying Israel is right, but Jesus, don't believe everything you read. I was visiting an Israeli base a few years ago near Lebanon and LEBANON fired missiles for no reason.
1 Israeli died, and the commander told us they randomly fire sometimes, just to keep the other in check.

Just because youre anti Israel doesn't mean you should believe any propaganda given by the other side.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Well this does not come as a surprise to me. As it says in the article, Israel violates Lebanon airspace daily and Lebanon just lets them go but after this flotilla event I think Israels neighbors are sick and tired of there violations. Is it me or is Israel trying to start WWIII? After hearing and seeing some of the reports and videos on the entire situation I am convinced Israel does not have peace in the middle east at there heart. Now I am speaking about the Israeli government,not there people who i'm sure half of them are upset about the entire event themselves. I'm only hoping more citizens in Israel speak up before its too late.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Honestly, I think Israel is going to do whatever it HAS to do, or at least what it's leaders think they have to do. I'm not pro or anti Israel, but I understand that they've been surrounded by nations that despise them for thousands of years now (whether or not it's justified is another discussion).

In a lot of ways, I think the Obama administration is contributing to an already unstable situation. As US support is reduced week by week, Israel is put into a progressively difficult situation. They have to protect the people of their nation--that's what ANY government in any country is for. If the world turns its back on Israel and they have no support from anyone, then any chance of peaceful resolution is completely squashed. Basic animal instinct taught in grade school: "fight or flight." If you corner an animal and it has no way of escape, that animal is going to fight because it has no other choice. If Israel gets no significant backing, they WILL initiate WWIII--no question about it, in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
reply to post by illusive man

In 1948 Israel was established as Jewish national home. Palestine was supposed to be second (after Jordan) Palestinian national home but someone other there decided that one Jewish country is one too many. And lost. I am sure you know the history.
So just as Jews in West bank and Gaza are not exactly flown in but rather evicted out- you know, due to it being Palestinian land, at least no one is evicted on the other side of the border.
By the way, i think that refugees should receive full financial compensation.

Are you stating that no palestinian people are evicted from their homes? or am i misunderstanding your post?

about 50 people, including 35 children - were forced out of their homes, and immediately replaced by eight families of Jewish Israelis, members of extremist settler groups. The Palestinians have been living in tents across the street from their house ever since. Six other nearby families have received eviction notices.
Link

As for "financial compensation" they don't want money..they want their LAND and HOMES back..not too much to ask realy.

I was thinking on the whole "Poor israel..surounded on all sides by countries that want them wiped off the map" thing..consider this analogy

You move into a new house in a little street and after a short time you begin having a conflict with the neighbours on one side.It could be argued that they are just trouble makers that have it in for you.Now if you begin having conflicts with every one in the street, it could be that you are the one with the problem and perhaps you would be best served by changing your approach.Either that or you could move out.

Israeli warplanes frequently fly over Lebanese airspace in what Israel says are reconnaissance missions. The overflights have been a constant source of tension between the two countries.
Haaretz.com old article i know but it illustrates a point. Could this be described as " Provocation" by israel? YES it could.

MACK

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter

Israel does have peace in mind, but only when the Arabs actually promise the reality of a Jewish state in the ME called Israel.

mmh what ever happend to the arab peace plan where israel would be granted full diplomatic ties, oh thats right Israel doesnt like the Idea of having to return land, my bad, Israel is always the victim right,

hey maybe when ww3 starts are the religous nutters will die first

[edit on 1-6-2010 by illusive man]

Ever wondered why the arab nations demand that Israel be divided into Jewish and Palestinian homelands, while the arabs have a total combined land 600 times the size of Israel?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Israel is obviously the aggrieved party here and it has shown great restraint against the Muslim aggressors in their neighborhood. Israel has nukes if it really wanted to Israel could erase all evidence of Arab culture rather easily by using their nukes. The Muslim infidels should thank Allah that Israel shown such restraint towards their hate and intransigence.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by irontyrant]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
One thing i dont understand is why the hell did they take land away from a people, to give it to another religion, the both of whom dont get along?

thats like obama trying to steal a seat from a palin at a republican rally.

just askin for trouble

Israel is an invention of the USA, probably created to induce WWIII. They also created WWII (the great depression) and the British triggered WWI (tey needed to attack germany because it was about to contruct a railway to get oil from the midle east).

[edit on 2-6-2010 by ickylevel]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join