It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lebanon fires on Israeli warplanes: security official

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawaiinguy12
Is it me or is Israel trying to start WWIII?

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

The article said, "The overflights violate UN Security Council Resolution 1701, which ended a devastating 2006 war between Israel and Lebanon's Shiite Hezbollah militia..." Well, let's see. Could they be any more provocative than flying war planes into Lebanon? It looks to me like they're baiting Lebanon. JMO

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter
Who has been stealing land and screwing with these people,since the 40's,there has been a propaganda fight, with only one side that seem's to win because the other side have a different culture,that the media was able to basterdize in the eye,s of the west. and when nobody is looking they steal land and kill the dirty Palastine's.isnt Isreal great?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
NOTHING NEW

they being doing that since the end of the lebannon war in 2006
i have heard and read that very often
space violation
space violation
space violation
space violation
space violation
space violation ... to harrash ..
they are extremelly arrogant .. always provocating and entering the air space of other country like its a game
of course each time they enter and violate other country air space
SONIC BOOM SONIC BOOM SONIC BOOM SONIC BOOM SONIC BOOM
i dont know if those can break windows im sure for cheap windows can brake
adding to this those SONIC BOOM can be very annoying trying to have peace relaxing eating SLEEPING ...
i would definitely reply with my automatic rail guns /SAM / S300

those airspace violation and SONIC BOOM are war tactik so
the ennemy will get fed up and reply in any way and then
the IAF comes and destroy like 12 building killing 30 wounding 70
because of a simple rock being ptiched at a IDF soldiers
or a rocket landing into open field doing 98% of the time no damages/casualties
israel is constantly searching for a war and denied everything
and go beg to other country that they are the terrible victime
the Israel PR are the worst kind of hypocrits in the world

GAZA HAVE NOTHING
ciment banned because that can be used to build bunker

+90% of their infrastructure was wipe out in GAZA
house hopitals schools shelters will be build with minimum ciment
i surely dont think they will construct a 25000 tuns ciment bunker
always stupid illogical reasons to continu the suffering, attrocity, arrogant regime policy
i dont have anything against jew i knew a good jewish lesbian girl once and other are very good its the Israel fear and hatred ways that dict those criminal actions those have to change or beware of God wrath on you for killing in his name and violating the holy commandments
especially those ones :

You shall not make wrongful use of the name of your God
You shall not murder
You shall not steal
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor
You shall not covet***** anything that belongs to your neighbor
You shall not make for yourself an idol

6 big commandments violated ... the israel regime have 100% surely broke those
thats the proof .. Gods people would never do that
only Evil can

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The Lebanon military is not a reliable source. Some would have us believe that Israel is running around the Middle East in an imperialistic murder-fest with no care for women and children. Israel has always shown a willingness to offer peace it gave back the Sinai twice and signed peace deals with Jordan and Egypt. Since then there have been no major hostilities between these countries. Syria continues to be an aggressor but has yet pay the price for it's stance and now Lebanon seems to be looking for a fight. Israel is in self defense mode gentlemen.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by xLogic

selfdefense ?
lets count the dead of the Gaza war :
+1500 killed +3000 wounded (+80% of those were civilians)
weapons used : phosphorous shells and +2000lbs missiles
on israel side : 15 killed (10 killed by IDF friendly fire)

now on the flotilla boats between 10 to 20 were killed and 40 wounded
im sure more since israel have prooven themself to be formidable liars
how many killed on IDF side : 0

ITS NOT SELFDEFENSE
ITS NOT OFFENSE
ITS ALWAYS A CRUAL BLOODY BATH WHERE CIVILIANS; WOMEN CHILDREN ELDERLY DIES

but i can agree with you on the selfdefense
after they do their war crime they defend themself telling other it was doing the right things
its like... exemple : someone in the street killing 30 people and running after that and the cops catch him... he will certainly denied his crime saying he his innocent
who does that .... killing and denied it

this is a factor in all evil minds
killing and then go denied it with lies and cover it up

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Ben81]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

In a speech on Tuesday, May 25, he said: 'Israel wants to reassure its people and make them feel strong and properly prepared to stand up to all possible war situations. But this assurance is false. So carry on with your drills," he said, "but when the rockets start falling on the occupied territories, we'll soon see how much good they are."
The command center's central strategy, say our military sources, is to eliminate the Israel Air Force's edge by releasing a simultaneous deluge of missiles and rockets from hundreds of stationary and mobile launching sites in remote parts of Syria, Lebanon, Iran and the Gaza Strip.
Most of the projectiles in the Syrian, Hizballah and Hamas arsenals are propelled by liquid fuel and therefore take 50 minutes to 1 hour to load and loose at assigned targets. During this time gap, they are vulnerable to air attack. As a bridging device, western intelligence sources believe the joint command in Damascus plans to attack Israel with synchronized missile fire from Iran and Syria during the time Israeli warplanes are hammering, say, Hizballah batteries in Lebanon.
The thinking in Tehran and Damascus is that the Israeli Air Force will find it hard to tackle three or four fronts simultaneously.

ATS Source, read this Thread

Give some impression of the weapons Hezbolla could be using. too bad i don't know anything about SAM systems in libanon.

Kind regards,

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Sadly Isreal would never let themselves be "cornered" like that and would most likely initiate "The Sampson Option" before being defeated.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

OK..but what Jewish state would that be then?

The one set up in 1948 or the sprawling, bulbous, heaving land theft that calls itself Israel today?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BuffaloJoe

Turkey Military Strength

PERSONNEL
Total Population: 71,892,808 [2008]
Population Available: 39,645,893 [2008]
Fit for Military Service: 33,444,999 [2008]
Reaching Military Age Annually: 1,298,979 [2008]
Active Military Personnel: 514,000 [2008]
Active Military Reserve: 380,000 [2008]
Active Paramilitary Units: 148,700 [2008]

VERSUS

Israel Military Strength

PERSONNEL
Total Population: 7,112,359 [2008]
Population Available: 3,353,936 [2008]
Fit for Military Service: 2,836,722 [2008]
Reaching Military Age Annually: 118,134 [2008]
Active Military Personnel: 187,000 [2008]
Active Military Reserve: 408,000 [2008]
Active Paramilitary Units: 8,050 [2008]

Taking your numbers a little further....

Turkey: Total Active Personnel: 1,042,700
Turkey Military Budget: $11,600,000,000
Turkey: Military spending per active personnel: $7,048

Israel: Total Active Personnel: 603,050
Israel: Military Budget: $11,000,000,000
Israel: Military spending per active personnel: $18,241

As in all other aspects of life, you get what you pay for. Israel would have a pretty lopsided victory against any of their nearby neighbors even on multiple fronts. Unless they face a superpower, they would be quite capable of standing on their own and it wouldn't be pretty for whoever they were facing.

During WWII, Nazi Germany had one of the most potent militaries in the world. Even during their decline they were producing some of the most advanced tanks on the battlefield. They ruled the skies of Western Europe for three years. They produced the first assault rifle (StG 44), they had the first jet powered planes (Me 262, Me 163), and ballistic missiles (V2). The Soviet military, in comparison, was weak at the start of war, as a result of Stalin's purges, had military equipment that was less sophisticated, but had a vastly larger number of troops, and they were out for vengeance. The Soviets, with the Russian winter, Lend-Lease, and Nazi arrogance on their side, pushed all the way to Berlin, making the Germans pay for every inch of soil they took captured.

The Russians fought a war of attrition. The whole strategy all the way to Berlin was to keep throwing men at the front line, and consequently, the Soviets had the highest percentage of casualties out of any participant of WWII. Sure, the Nazi's had better equipment, and on paper, they should have outperformed their Soviet counterparts, but at the end of the day, after battle casualties, the Soviets still had more troops at their disposal.

Israel is already at a disadvantage. They are surrounded by hostile nations. Germany had to fight a war on three fronts. IF the enemies of Israel were to simply send wave after wave of soldiers into the front lines of the Israelis, eventually, they would break through, just by attrition.

By those numbers even if the IDF took out 10 Turks for every 1 Israeli soldier, there would still be 9 million Turks left. They have comparable air forces, the Turkish air force having more F16's than Israel. Israel of course has F15's, but the two aircraft are comparable.

I am in no way insinuating that Israel is the same as Nazi Germany. I am just comparing an applicable situation in history where a superior military force of one nation has been defeated by an inferior military force of another country. Vietnam was lost too, but that's a whole different story.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by xLogic
The Lebanon military is not a reliable source. Some would have us believe that Israel is running around the Middle East in an imperialistic murder-fest with no care for women and children. Israel has always shown a willingness to offer peace it gave back the Sinai twice and signed peace deals with Jordan and Egypt. Since then there have been no major hostilities between these countries. Syria continues to be an aggressor but has yet pay the price for it's stance and now Lebanon seems to be looking for a fight. Israel is in self defense mode gentlemen.

Lebanon is not looking for a fight. They do struggle with their democracy however, which is very complicated and has a high non muslim ethnicity, but is one of the few in the Arab world. Syria is not a democracy, but has a minority non-muslim ethnicity. Lebanon has been battered by Israel many times because of incursions by the PLO...not publicly supported by the Lebanese government. The dogged reasoning is the same by successive Israeli governments, we'll plop one on you, even if it wasn't your fault...the saga will continue.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by smurfy]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

...Now I am speaking about the Israeli government,not there people who i'm sure half of them are upset about the entire event themselves. I'm only hoping more citizens in Israel speak up before its too late.

www.google.com

I think You overestimate the good part of Israel population.
It is not only government the bad part.
The entire state is based on criminal ideology of theft and murder.
If someone goes and settles there it means he is no better than a thief and murderer.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacekPL

...Now I am speaking about the Israeli government,not there people who i'm sure half of them are upset about the entire event themselves. I'm only hoping more citizens in Israel speak up before its too late.

www.google.com

I think You overestimate the good part of Israel population.
It is not only government the bad part.
The entire state is based on criminal ideology of theft and murder.
If someone goes and settles there it means he is no better than a thief and murderer.

I think initially, in 1947 many ordinary Jews had no options but to resettle and leave all behind, especially from Palestine where there was a huge number of Jews, born and raised there. It is a very complicated subject, maybe this link will help,

www.mideastweb.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join