It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lebanon fires on Israeli warplanes: security official

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Its not like they arent trying. Lebanon fires on them every time but they havent brought one down yet. Maybe once they do then Israel will rethink it.

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
Well its a pity that Israel violates another nations airspace. They should have been shot down.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BuffaloJoe

The reason they are still there is their preemptive approach to national security. If Israel were to completely disarm today, they would be off the map within months.

This has been asked a hundred times before on ATS, but why is Israel so despised by it's neighbours. Jews have lived in perfect harmony with other religions/races in the region for thousands of years. Not until zionists grabbed the land for themselves in 1948 and started moving Jews in and non Jews out did the trouble start. Thats because the rest of us call that policy aparthied and no other nation on earth does it, except Israel.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The UN created the state of Israel and gave them the land. If the arabs wanna be pissed then they should be mad at the UN.

Originally posted by bigyin

The reason they are still there is their preemptive approach to national security. If Israel were to completely disarm today, they would be off the map within months.

This has been asked a hundred times before on ATS, but why is Israel so despised by it's neighbours. Jews have lived in perfect harmony with other religions/races in the region for thousands of years. Not until zionists grabbed the land for themselves in 1948 and started moving Jews in and non Jews out did the trouble start. Thats because the rest of us call that policy aparthied and no other nation on earth does it, except Israel.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaiinguy12

Originally posted by hawaiinguy12

Well this does not come as a surprise to me. As it says in the article, Israel violates Lebanon airspace daily and Lebanon just lets them go but after this flotilla event I think Israels neighbors are sick and tired of there violations. Is it me or is Israel trying to start WWIII? After hearing and seeing some of the reports and videos on the entire situation I am convinced Israel does not have peace in the middle east at there heart. Now I am speaking about the Israeli government,not there people who i'm sure half of them are upset about the entire event themselves. I'm only hoping more citizens in Israel speak up before its too late.

It is interesting you say that because just two months ago,
"Nearly 300 Congress members declared commitment to 'unbreakable' U.S.-Israel
bond."
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'll give you one guess as to who's side the U.S. will be on?

[edit on 1-6-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
reply to post by illusive man

In 1948 Israel was established as Jewish national home. Palestine was supposed to be second (after Jordan) Palestinian national home but someone other there decided that one Jewish country is one too many. And lost. I am sure you know the history.
So just as Jews in West bank and Gaza are not exactly flown in but rather evicted out- you know, due to it being Palestinian land, at least no one is evicted on the other side of the border.
By the way, i think that refugees should receive full financial compensation.

In 1948 Israel declared an independant state, a National home" may have been in the language, but it was the product of Zionism which is at odds with the fundament of the Jewish religion. It could never be under those terms a national home for historical Jews, they in their faith understand that.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Its not like they arent trying. Lebanon fires on them every time but they havent brought one down yet. Maybe once they do then Israel will rethink it.

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
Well its a pity that Israel violates another nations airspace. They should have been shot down.

>.>.... aren't trying.........FLAK........ you've got to be kidding me

2nd line

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon
reply to post by BuffaloJoe

I really welcome your post.

You are one of the first members on ATS that I agree with on this subject.

Most are either brainwashed by the Arab spin on seizing an opportunity from a crisis or fail in doing their homework on the history of this complex conflict.

Star and Friend.

Well i beleive my understanding of history is just as good as yours

1. Who gave us the right to give other peoples land away.
2. Germany was skint in 1930 so where did money for war come from.
3. Why did Germans, not just Hittler turn so badly on the jews
4. How come such a small country got Nukes weapons back in the 1970's
5. Why does the USA have so many zionists in top positions
6. Who would had won the 6 day war without american backing
7. What is international waters if you can board/kill on any ship

Both americans and jews know they have been infultrated by a minute minority that controls the banking and the press and that group has been around a very long time and will turn anyone against anyone to further it's own gain.

Jews don't like Zionists

Both Russia and China are sitting this game out so must know about the magnets under the table but my final question to you is who realy won WWII since we are talking history ?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LieBuster

I can answer point 4 for you.

It actually was not the American's who helped the Israelis build their nuclear weapons programme, although they certainly were aware of it. It was actually the French who provided the Plutonium and helped construct Dimona.

Eisenhower, Kennedy and Johnson were worried about this as they did not want to see a nuclear arms race in the ME. This was becasue it would put their access to the resources in the region at risk and could lead to a superpowers confrontation with the Soviet Union.

But they could do nothing about it. The U.S. has never really controlled Israeli policy in any way.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LieBuster

Well i beleive my understanding of history is just as good as yours

1. Who gave us the right to give other peoples land away.

You, nor I ever had or will have that right unless you or I actually own the title. In Israel's case, the UN was providing the handout. As far as I know, there is no public entity that has jurisdiction over the UN so they take the blame here.

2. Germany was skint in 1930 so where did money for war come from.

Easy one, Hitler controlled the economy and skimmed the profits from all production entities in which the Nazi gov't exerted control over

3. Why did Germans, not just Hittler turn so badly on the jews

They were sheeple, much like today's populace. Eventually, they also had a just fear of supporting Jews or else deal with the repercussions. There were actually Germans who helped Jews hide and flee in spite of this.

4. How come such a small country got Nukes weapons back in the 1970's

See post above - already answered

5. Why does the USA have so many zionists in top positions

If you would do us the favor of listing the zionists in "top US positions", I'd be happy to research how they came to be

6. Who would had won the 6 day war without american backing

This is actually a pretty dumb question. It is generally believed that a nation with better arms and military means will defeat a less capable nation. In the absence of Wizardry and Witchcraft, this is generally how battles work out. Had the Israeli's bought the same weapons from any other country, they would have had the same result. Had they arrived on the battlefield with rocks and rubber bands, their opponents would almost definitely had emerged victorious

7. What is international waters if you can board/kill on any ship

Naval blockades within sovereign waters or international waters are exactly what they say. You are aware that they are there and should expect to be confronted should you choose to breach the blockade. This was not a super-secret underwater submarine commando blockade. It was actually clear as day that it was in effect.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
People need to recognize the difference between Anti-Semite and Anti-Zionist...

Second line

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
What are the chances that this will start WW3?

They have been at each other's throats forever

Everybody start packing their bug out bags

Mine is already packed, my employer has had me and my wife on potassium iodine tabs for a month now and we have a shiny new black Honda CRV with Limo black windows thanks to my employer.

So something is in the air, we just aren't being told what and have been told not t ask again!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Why would your employer have you on potassium iodine? Is he a doctor? Are you working around radioactive material? Or are you just blowing smoke?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

The Jews have not been popular in history, they were widely despised for their usuary and for their 'arrogance' at claiming themselves to be the chosen ones.

I do not share these opinions but I am making a point.

I respect the point that you also made Hawaiinguy about the difference between anti-semite and anti-zionist, however I don't believe most of the haters in this world know the difference.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Skellon]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

I respect the point that you also made Hawaiianguy about the difference between semetic and zionist, however I don't believe most of the haters in this world know the difference.

Neither do I.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon

I really welcome your post.

You are one of the first members on ATS that I agree with on this subject.

Most are either brainwashed by the Arab spin on seizing an opportunity from a crisis or fail in doing their homework on the history of this complex conflict.

Star and Friend.

I agree with you and Joe, decades of propaganda have worked beautifully.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Anti-Semite is basically just anti Jewish (The religion) and Anti-Zionist is Anti-Zionist. Zionists claim that Jews have the right to possess all land between the Nile and the Euphrates because this land was given to them by some entity they call "YHWH" as claimed in the Old Testament. Zionists will do anything to hold on to the holy land/homeland and will make threats and do what is necessary to keep there power. Not all Jewish people are Zionists but all Zionists are Jewish. I hate turning this thread into a religious thread because its not but its necessary for people to know the difference between the two. As always I blame religion for this problem

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaiinguy12
Anti-Semite is basically just anti Jewish (The religion) and Anti-Zionist is Anti-Zionist. Zionists claim that Jews have the right to possess all land between the Nile and the Euphrates because this land was given to them by some entity they call "YHWH" as claimed in the Old Testament. Zionists will do anything to hold on to the holy land/homeland and will make threats and do what is necessary to keep there power. Not all Jewish people are Zionists but all Zionists are Jewish. I hate turning this thread into a religious thread because its not but its necessary for people to know the difference between the two. As always I blame religion for this problem

Further clarification from a different perspective;

"* Anti-Zionism: The belief that Israel, as a country, should not exist and the land that it now exists should be returned to the original owners. It is also used to describe those who would reduce the power, strength or stability of Israel as a country - regardless of whether the inhabitants are Jews, Christians, Arabs, etc.

* Anti-Judaism: Philosophy, Logic, Reason and religious beliefs lead many to reject Judaism as a religion, just as Judaism itself rejects other religions. It is in the nature of religious dialogue that this be true - but anyone can convert to Judaism and be a Jew, according to their beliefs, so anti-Judaism is not race specific or necessarily prejudice.

* Anti-Semitism: This is a racist dislike of the Jewish race, a form of xenophobia. This page is not about anti-zionism or anti-Judaism.

They are all inevitable and deeply linked. One must be careful not to accuse the victims of Israel as being anti-Semites, when in fact they're merely anti-Zionists, or to accuse a Hindu of being an anti-semite because he sees the religion of Judaism as wrong or silly. Even if such a view is ignorant, uneducated or prejudice, it is held against the religion, not against a race of people. Likewise you must be doubly careful when criticizing Israel or Judaism, not to accidentally fall into anti-semitic rhetoric. Be precise and be aware of the issues. For obvious historical reasons there is a lot of emotion around the sensitive issues of antisemitism, people are apt to find it where it isn't present as much as to miss it where it is!"

www.vexen.co.uk...

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Skellon]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

its not an anti-semite tone on ATS, its an anti-Zionist israel tone

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c41d5180c359.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

Great post man. That should clear the air a bit. I can see why people mix the three up or even blur the lines together,not just because of history and the media but the definitions between Anti Semite and Anti Judaism are very close in relation

[edit on 1-6-2010 by hawaiinguy12]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

Ahh so the enemies of Israel bait it...
How do they do that, by forcing Israel to fly its jets into their territory??
Neat trick I must say...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join