It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama can confiscate US privately owned guns.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Obama can confiscate US privately owned guns under the UN Small Arms Treaty.

I found this at blacklistednews.com.

Original Article Source: www.washingtontimes.com...

Obama Can Take Your Guns With UN Treaty
Published on 05-30-2010

By Tom McGregor - BLN Contributing Writer
Gun owners are protected under the auspices of the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution, but their rights are not protected when President Barack Obama becomes a signatory of a United Nations' treaty on global gun-control restrictions.

The Obama administration announced this week its support for the UN Small Arms Treaty. This international agreement poses as a grave danger for freedom for both in the United States and around the globe by making it more strenuous - if not outright illegal - for law-abiding U.S. citizens to keep and bear arms.

According to the Washington Times, "the U.N. claims that guns used in armed conflicts cause 300,000 deaths worldwide every year, an inordinate number of which are the result of internal civil strife with individual nations. The solution proposed by trans-nationalists to keep rebels from getting guns is to make the global pool of weapons smaller through government action. According to recent deliberations regarding the treaty, signatory countries would be required to 'prevent, combat and erradicate' various classes of guns to undermine 'the illicit trade in small arms.' Such a plan would necessarily lead to confiscation of personal firearms."

This may appear as reasonable solution for governments that don't trust their citizens, yet it represents a dictatorial disregard for the safety and freedom of all U.S. citizens. Not all insurgencies are evil, first of all. As U.S. history reveals, one method of destroying a despotic regime is to revolt against it. That is the very reason why authoritarian regimes such as Syria, Cuba, Rwanda, Vietnam, Zimbabwe and Sierra Leone, enforce strict gun control laws.

As reported by the Washington Times, "the U.N. Small Arms Treaty opens a back door for the Obama administration to force through gun control regulations. Threats to the Second Amendment are real today as ever."

I had been wondering when this was going to come out. Thoughts about how this will play out.

Mods please move if this is in the wrong area, and help me if I made any mistake as this is my first thread here at ATS.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I read a t-shirt the other day
that read"

They can have my gun when
they pry it from my cold
dead hand.

+16 more 
posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The threats to the 2nd Amendment have been very real for a number of years, and small arms is not at all a qualification the 2nd Amendment makes regarding the right to keep and bear arms. Incrementalism has been the way of New World tyrannies, and this treatise, not valid if it negates our own Constitution, is just one more incremental step in preventing the people from exercising their own inherent political power. The U.N. is nothing more than a consortium of nations that have agreed to an alliance in order to wage war on their own people. Carl von Clausewitz, in his seminal book On War asserted that the first thing a military had to do when engaging their enemy is to disarm them. Any move by a government to disarm their own people should give a clear insight as to how they view those people.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Proud Arizonan here. This UN treaty will become real here once the UN will cause the USA to recognize any American Indian's abandonment of the treaties with the USA.

Getting cold here in AZ ..closest to hell than most suspect!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Obama can sign anything he wants, any treaty he wants to sign. However, unless it is ratified by the US congress, it will never fly, as it is the US congress that has final say over any and all treaties that are enforced in the US. So, yes he can sign the UN treaty, but if the congress vetos it, then it is worth about as much as the wrap on fresh fish. Sides something tells me they moment they start to collect guns from lawful owners, the phrase, "From my cold dead hands." Will become a ralling cry.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by barkingdogamato

Obama can't just make that decision on his own. It must be ratified by the Senate as well. So to correct; Obama and the Senate along with International Powers can take your guns.

Of course, what chance do you think it's going to happen? They don't care about your guns. They gain nothing and kill their political career by taking them.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
No one's getting our shotguns and Rifle.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
But one thing you can't take away is my imagination, my enslavement is temporary at best.

link   
What people don't understand is that the Constitution does not grant the right to keep and bear arms. It only illustrates it as an unalienable right. Therefore Obama nor anyone has the authority to take it away least of all some treaty It existed long before the Constitution and will always exist.

Like a lot of things they have codified it will not be enforced any time soon. The people are dumbed down a lot but not enough to accept any massive gun confiscation. if they are arrogant enough to try it well then I wish them luck and tell them to bring lost of body bags!

As King Leonidas of Sparta said to King Xerxes I of Persia when the Spartans were asked to lay down thier arms; Μολὼν λαβέ !

link   
You know, when the auto manufacturers finally understand they have produced a defective part, They recall it don't they?

I believe we have produced a Defective President, How About A recall

If he's afraid of my Guns, then stay out of my house, truck and camper, well my boat too.
I too am a proud Arizonian and I legally own guns.
You know Obama needs to pull his panties out from between his butt cheeks and grow a pair.
Note off topic I hope.

link   
Who cares? What's up with this sick obsession with guns here in America? It's just a sign of a violent society, and a pretty scared one too. You don't think you can contain our government without the use of weapons? That's pretty sad.

I support an all out hand gun ban. We are the reason all of the countries that have banned hand guns keep having gun violence. We are the leader in arms shipment, including guns on the black market.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
These UN idiots seriously underestimate how many guns the American people have, and their willingness to use them in defense of their principles against foreign invaders. And that's exactly what UN thugs coming here to take our guns would be. Hell's Angels, Galloping Gooses, Mongols, Crips, Bloods, Latin Kings, all of them won't give a damn what sort of document B. O. signed.

It will be nasty and it won't end with any sort of cease-fire or negotiated settlement. Haven't they learned anything? The 13 colonies, Vietnam, Afghanistan should have told them that counter-insurgency is a losing prospect.

This may very well result in the destruction of the USA, but it will be the ultimate Pyrrhic victory.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Who cares? What's up with this sick obsession with guns here in America? It's just a sign of a violent society, and a pretty scared one too. You don't think you can contain our government without the use of weapons? That's pretty sad.

I support an all out hand gun ban. We are the reason all of the countries that have banned hand guns keep having gun violence. We are the leader in arms shipment, including guns on the black market.

That "sick" obsession puts food on my table thank you very much.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I care. What is your obsession with law abiding citizens owning guns anyway. It is none of your concern.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
reply to post by Misoir

I care. What is your obsession with law abiding citizens owning guns anyway. It is none of your concern.

It becomes a public issue, and an issue of mine, when there is so much gun violence in our country. We have the highest gun ownership in the world and the highest violence rate in the western world.

So I do believe my safety, is my business.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Judohawk

I never said ban all guns, hunting guns are perfectly fine IMO as long as they are used simply for hunting with a permit, background check, etc... I don't care if you hunt as long as it's legal.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The thing is though, is that most firearm owners here are good people.

It's not like we go around waving them around in the air, we don't threaten people, we just mind our own business.

You take away firearms, that does little to solve the problem. The ones who use them for evil will still get them and other crimes will jump up in place of gun crimes.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
HA thats funny let them try taking my guns.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Judohawk

I understand and respect that argument too. Whether we ban guns or not bad guys will always get them and the good guys won't have them to protect themselves, I understand. BUT. We are the reason there are illegal guns, we have never banned hand guns in the USA so that theory is impossible to prove wrong.

If we banned hand guns the problem would be mostly solved. Of course there will still be some guns around, but a serious crackdown on them would virtually end gun violence.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Wrong. Show me where law abiding citizens are the cause of most gun violence. A law abiding citizen owning a gun does not affect your safety whatsoever unless you break into someone's home or something of that sort. And then that gun violence is warrented.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join