It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama can confiscate US privately owned guns.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Yes sir we are the reason that there are illegal weapons, yes go ahead and blame America. Its not like the most common weapon on the black market and the most widely used illegal weapon is the AK-47 assault rifle, and also the RPG-7. Both weapons made by Russia, I am aware that America does have its history of selling weapons but regardless of a weapons ban in the U.S.A the weapons go out to be illegal because of the government, you disallow weapons in America and you have a criminal that wants weapons bad enough they'll find them, only you wont have a public to defend themselves. I for one am not a gun owner and probably will never be one, but I'll be damned to get in the way of an American and his Bill of Rights.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by denynothing

You also seem to be forgetting that the illegal, American made weapons that find their way into the hands of terrorists or international criminals such as the drug cartels, come from corporate weapons sales to foreign governments, not private citizen weapon sales. For instance, corporate American sells small-arms to the Mexican government, which in turn gets handed out to the drug cartels through corrput military leaders and corrupt Mexican government officials. Banning private weapons sales to American citizens would not even make a dent in disarming international criminals.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

I think we are both trying to make the same point here, but either way I agree with you in that the private weapon sale in America benefits the citizen and with that taken way so does the benefit

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I read a t-shirt the other day
that read"
They can have my gun when
they pry it from my cold
dead hand.

You know, I saw the same t-shirt.

Star 4 U.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

So I do believe my safety, is my business.

So get a gun, learn to use it, feel safer, and do it all legally.

Cause if you don't, the only ones that will have guns - are the 'bad guys' and the cops.

And I for one don't trust either group.

As for the USA people being forced to tow-the-line of a UN decision?

IMO just one more reason why America NEEDS to keep their guns - protection from the UN freaks, one and all.

peace

[edit on 1-6-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I actually support this if the following was met. Obama (or any other right/left politician) actually had to come to my house and take my guns from me. They will do as they always do though, send the lapdogs.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Misoir,

It would be pure suicide for people to give up handguns, and you personally would also be MUCH less safe if law abiding people gave them all up, because then only criminals would have them, mobsters, gangs, and cops etc... that leaves you and me in a world of hurt without an equal means of defense.... and that would be very very stupid to support.
The biggest reason I know of why governments ban guns is because they themselves know they are planning and doing something wrong to the citizens and they fear the citizenry.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

I am a gun owner, and I think that everyone has a right to defend them self's, I hate to break it to you though, I don't feel that there are people left in America with the stones to do what our fore fathers did. I feel if there was, they would have already put an end to this sorry excuse of a government. All of these militia's you here of, are nothing more than adults playing army men on the weekends! They would have trouble taking over a tree fort let alone anything else!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by barkingdogamato

Sorry bubba.

No he cant.

We have to give them to him first. Aint hapnin!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by Misoir
BUT. We are the reason there are illegal guns, we have never banned hand guns in the USA so that theory is impossible to prove wrong.

Guns don't kill people

PEOPLE kill people

I have never seen a gun jump up
off a table and shoot somebody
all by itself.

lock up the criminals and you would never
know we had guns.

gun owners are a deterrent to other crimes.

Sure? Isn't i easier to kill someone with a gun then with a toothbrush?
Eh?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Reply to post by cushycrux

In prison people are killed with tooth rushes everyday.

So take away the guns and toothbrushes will keep the body count high. What's the benefit? Minty fresh wounds?

Maybe 3 gun and ipsc and idpa and biathlon and other firearms sports will all drop guns for tooth rushes too?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Who cares? What's up with this sick obsession with guns here in America? It's just a sign of a violent society, and a pretty scared one too. You don't think you can contain our government without the use of weapons? That's pretty sad.

I support an all out hand gun ban. We are the reason all of the countries that have banned hand guns keep having gun violence. We are the leader in arms shipment, including guns on the black market.

Mis,

You have some great posts sometimes. I think sometimes your in my head. Then you do a bone headed one like this. You really confuse me.

Yall in Britain can go all anti gun if you want. See what happened? All the vermin you let in starts using knives.

The people need to be able to defend themselves not just from their govt, but the ass hats they live around.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
While I'm not currently living in the states, I still have several guns stored back there. Along with supplies. My comment is try to find them. Three separate locations in three states.

I agree that the ratification will never pass the current legislature, but that may not always be true. And if and when martial law is declared they have a ready made excuse for "legal" confiscation.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Since 1984 I have made my living working in the firearms industry. Do you think you or anyone else has the right to take away my ability to make a living?
Secondly, I am no longer able to work. I have a spinal cord issue that has weakened me and has left me barely able to walk, nevermind run. How would I defend myself were I to be attacked? I couldn't fight off a 10 year old and my 3 year old granddaughter can run circles around me. Taking away people's firearms would leave them (and me!) open targets and any thug could come and take what I have or perhaps even my wife and the best I could do is call 911 for help that would arrive too late to change the situation.
NO THANK YOU. I have a right to live and to defend myself and if you disagree then you are a danger to me as well.
I really don't think you're as bad as the UN Misoir, but should you continue your anti-gun stance you would leave me little choice as to where to categorize you.
I was a young idealist once myself but in the end who do you trust more - yourself or some government agency? This blind trust in government's ability to solve our problems is precisely what has lead the world to mess it's currently in. We should have tackled those problems ourselves and not left it for government to deal with. With each layer of beauracracy it gets less humane and more expensive. Government has become the giant parasite that no-one can carry anymore. That is why the world is going supposedly "bankrupt".
Keep your dreams, they are good ones. Just don't trust government to be the solution to any of our problems, they only exacerbate them or use them to justify things on their agenda that the public neither needs nor desires.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

When our corrupt government makes it a crime to keep and bear arms - I think I shall become a criminal.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
This will never fly and is once again another huge scare tactic by TPTB. There isn't enough manpower in the entirety of the US to even enforce this type of legislation. One poster commented about the citizens of the US not having enough stones to fight back. I disagree. Things have not gotten so bad that we need to "take back our country."

The world does not give American people enough credit where credit is due. Many countries around the world look to us as the last bastion of freedom from tyrannical rule, and they are right. The 2nd Amendment is the one thing that keeps 'them' from throwing 'us' to the jackals. The ideals that the US was founded on still shines as a beacon to the rest of the world. The American people speak to the toils of birthing an entire nation, and it will get worse before it gets better, but let it be known to the entire world that "we will not go quietly into that good night."

Let them try to take away my guns. Let them try to take away my neighbor's guns. Let them try to take away all the guns. A new phrase will emerge: "Let them eat lead."

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Who cares? What's up with this sick obsession with guns here in America? It's just a sign of a violent society, and a pretty scared one too. You don't think you can contain our government without the use of weapons? That's pretty sad.

I support an all out hand gun ban. We are the reason all of the countries that have banned hand guns keep having gun violence. We are the leader in arms shipment, including guns on the black market.

1) Ask the government what their "sick obsession" with guns is, and get back to us with the response they give you, if you survive. Also, ask a few women who have been raped how they feel about their own "sick obsession" about being able to prevent being raped in the future by carrying a handgun, and get back to us with their replies, if you survive.
2) It is a fact that no citizenry can contain its government without the threat of force. That is because government is force, and left unchecked, it always turns genocidal. Why you would be in favor of genocide is a question you should ask yourself.
3) If you support an "all out gun ban" for yourself, by all means, go completely unarmed. Somebody will visit you shortly to collect all your stuff, and outline you in chalk, but you have no right to enforce your suicidal retardation on anyone else.
4) China, a concentration camp of approximately 1 billion slaves, is kept busy by its Communist slave masters building guns for export to every tyrannical nation on earth, which they in turn use to keep their populations enslaved. You are firmly on the side of the Communist Chinese propaganda machine. Well done Robot Maoist.

PS I find it amazing that at this point in the 21st century, the genocidal insanity of the gun grabbing leftist still isn't a capital crime. It should be.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
My response to the OP:

NO, he can NOT!
This is NOT a dictatorship, Obama is NOT king and the President does NOT possess the authority to unilaterally enter into international treaties without Senate ratification. Additionally, NO LAW or treaty can be passed that is in violation of the United States Constitution.

If and when the civil war begins, we MUST make sure to eradicate EVERY liberal weenie so that mankind can never be reinfected with such stupid notions and ideas.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
what I find interesting about Presidental and UN decrees are that neither Wash DC or the UN is even in the Contentinal United States. So where do they get off telling a republic of states what they can and cant do when they are not even members of the United States. All Federal Tax debts will have to paid by residents of WAsh DC as that is where the IMF and Fed Reserve is located. Pfft our debtors can have that place...Our nation needs a face lift anyway!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
One good reason to become a "Secure Party Creditor" and establish yourself as the owner of the strawman in commerce and not the represented victim. All the frauds are rationals.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join