It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US activist loses eye after being shot in face with tear gas canister

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This should be a reminder to spoiled brats that life inf foreign countries is not a game. People at home might let you do whatever you want because you are affluent or just a student, but people in foreign countries do not think you are so special.

If you want to see the world and go to exotic places, try backpacking through Europe or India. If you want to prance around war zones and protest, you should expect to put yourself at risk for harm.

I do not like what the Iranian government is doing. However, if I wanted to participate in a protest in Tehran I should not be surprised if the Iranian police place a bullet in my skull.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nathwa

From the flotilla: US activist loses eye after being shot in face with tear gas canister

palsolidarity.org

21 Year Old American College Girl, who was protesting the flotilla incident while in Israel, is hit in the eye by a tear-gas canister by an IDF soldier.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Too bad it wasnt a bullet.

Take her out of the gene pool before she breeds.

My daughter would have been dis-owned.

Edit. Just saw that she is another self-hating, liberal jew.

Her parents are surely proud.

[edit on 1/6/10 by felonius]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Nice, Love the reference, but dislike the accident.

I know these happenings are terrible, and this is one of them, but I salute her for standing up for her beliefs!

I hope she gets well soon

SM

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

I'd hate for any unexpected and unfortunate accident to happen to yourself or your daughters. Hopefully it would end you and your gene pool tho if it did... right? Exactly the type of personality that would do well in the military which would also explain why there are wars in the first place.

People arent a product of their genes, they are a product of their environment. Most likely people such as yourself are those she opposes.

At least she is someone proactive in her beliefs, while choosing the wrong avenues to express her beliefs... atleast she can honestly say she tried. Israel is power tripping... its reign of terror is soon to end I feel.

Looking at it from one side, Israel is taunting these people. Everything it is doing it is using its religion as an excuse, and if a religion excuses violence for ignorance... count me out. If there were Negative or Black stars meaning (BOOO) you would get some from me sir

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

I wonder if you would have said the same thing about people protesting against Jim Crow and discrimination againast blacks in the 1960's American South. Absolutely incredible.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I've been pretty much ignoring what goes on in the Middle East. However I think what I've been hearing lately is just plain wrong. Causing an American to lose an eye will lose support among Americans. I believe the US should cut off all funding to Israel. If they don't keep control of their own defense forces from harming international peaceful visitors, we have no business providing taxpayer funds to such a country. Like the saying goes, an eye for an eye. If Israel hurts Americans, we should cut them off. I won't comment on the other thing Israel did because I don't know much about it. It sounds like Israel is out of control. The US needs to cut back spending in so many ways and cutting off foreign aid is one good way to do so.

It doesn't matter to me what religion someone is to know it is wrong to fire upon and injure someone who isn't making the same threat in return. This college girl was not going to shoot anyone. The people of the US need to speak up and condemn these actions of the IDF and Israel. Cut off funds for Israel.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by orionthehunter]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

So how does it feel to be supporting a country that takes part in genocide? Must be proud.

yeah - why are people supporting turkey ?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
Too bad it wasnt a bullet.

Take her out of the gene pool before she breeds.

Really?

Wow, some of the comments in this thread regarding this young lady and others like her are outright psychopathic.

Has Israel gotten so paranoid that they blind female protesters in order to defend themselves?

My heart is with her and the spirit of peaceful protest that never fails to show the callous nature of those being accused of cruelty and injustice.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by SpectreDC

So how does it feel to be supporting a country that takes part in genocide? Must be proud.

yeah - why are people supporting turkey ?

i see your name lives up to its name

now who on earth would compare the actions of what happend under the old rule in Turkey to now

thats like saying modern Day germans are still nazis

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I find the comments in this thread to be sickening.

She has lost an eye standing up for her beliefs, which is something the people of ATS stand by as a right above all else. However, since her views are different than yours and she didn't want to play armchair revolutionary like a good deal of the ATS membership, she deserves to suffer?

The calls for a bullet to her instead of this terrible circumstance are disgusting. ATS members should be ashamed sharing board space with such short sighted and negative comments. I thought this was a place to exchange news, world views, and have alternative takes on things in a well educated and respectful manner.

Sick. Sick, that people cannot stand up for what they believe on ATS anymore without the ability to keep from being treated like they deserve to be hung!

At least she was out there, defending her beliefs, while cowards sat behind computer desks and called for her execution! A lot of you are becoming no better than the shadowy evil conspiracies/agendas/governments you seek to dismantle or remove from the world.

A promising young womans life is severely impacted and all that can be said is something negative because she isn't aligned with the personal beliefs of several posters?

[edit on 2-6-2010 by SweetRevenge]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

i assume you are talking about the armenians

unfortunatly [ for you ] - as i am actually aware of the situation - i am reffering to the kurds [ last 30 years - and still ongoing ]

next time , please have the decency to know whats being discused , before launching ad-hom attacks

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

yes the Kurds is really genocide and can really be compared to that of whats happening in Israel

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

Yah, well, we know that Turkey is a punk for the way that they handle the Kurds. But we are not talking about them, this is about Israel and their crap. You cannot justify one bad thing with another. This is not a human rights abusing peeing contest, after all.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Nathwa]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Why is the statement of “Don't Mess with the Jews” so hard to understand?

We Americans live such a fairytale life compared to the rest of the world that we feel we are special…well we are not, and if some of our ignorant citizen want to be an activist against a country willing to Fight to the Death then so be it. She is lucky an eye is all that she lost….

If you run the bulls of Spain don’t be surprised when you get gored.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Why is the statement of “Don't Mess with the Jews” so hard to understand?

That is like telling kids not to stand up to bullies. Seriously, how Israel has gone over 60 years acting like a punk is beyond me. And besides, its about Israel, not the Jews. There are plenty of Jews who think Israel is tyrannical, genocidal, and overly aggressive.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by groingrinder

Israel blockades a country that has fancy bottle rockets.

Israel is blockading a country full of terrorists that are attempting to acquire nuclear weapons, and that has launched rockets and missiles into Israeli territory for decades.

Oh my goodness

Please identify the terrorists. Please proove how and where they try to acquire nuclear weapons.
Do you believe everything you read?
There are people starving there.
Anyway, i know nothing will change your mind. Although i am an ateist, i really hope that there is a divine justice somewhere sometime...
terrorist, terrorists, terrorist, terrorists,...repeat more..

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nathwa

That is like telling kids not to stand up to bullies. Seriously, how Israel has gone over 60 years acting like a punk is beyond me. And besides, its about Israel, not the Jews. There are plenty of Jews who think Israel is tyrannical, genocidal, and overly aggressive.

What part of the Middle East is not "tyrannical, genocidal, and overly aggressive"?

I'm not going to get into a political argument as to who is right or wrong, but would you be willing to go to the Gaza strip and dance around at their wall with your tongue out saying naw naw naw?

All I'm saying is don't be surprise with the results...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Primarily she was on there to break the blockage, not provide humanitarian aid. I won't how much "aid" was bought and paid for by the girl.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by CanadianDream420]

Sometimes you have to try to break the injustice, sometimes in history you need heroes, people with conscience, sometimes you have to sacrifice yourself.
I wish we had more people like her. I am proud of her in the name of humanity and i am ashamed of some in the name of humanity.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by deccal]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

You make an excellent point, and I would concurr with you 100%. No I would not go over there and start crap, because I do not have a death wish. But that still does not make it ok for all of those countries to act like thugs either.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

What part of the Middle East is not "tyrannical, genocidal, and overly aggressive"?

Sure there is no western democracy in ME. But what part is genocidal? Could you enlighten us with some facts?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join