It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

US activist loses eye after being shot in face with tear gas canister

page: 1
23
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

From the flotilla: US activist loses eye after being shot in face with tear gas canister


palsolidarity.org

21 Year Old American College Girl, who was protesting the flotilla incident while in Israel, is hit in the eye by a tear-gas canister by an IDF soldier.
(visit the link for the full news article)


Related News Links:
willyloman.wordp ress.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla
15 dead, flotilla fired upon by Israel
The Israeli Mistake
Turkish Navy will Escort aid to Gaza

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Nathwa]

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Nathwa]

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Nathwa]




posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I've never created a thread before, but I feel strongly enough about this to make it my first. This is very sad. Call this girl naive or what have you, but because of IDF aggression, this girl has lost her left eye.

She is an average American, just like many of us. Below I have posted her facebook and personal blog links, so you can see the face of someone who has been damaged by careless aggression. Her and her family have my sympathy.

www.facebook.com...

thirstypixels.blogspot.com...

palsolidarity.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Nathwa]



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Hopefully when she buys her plane ticket home she wont forget to cross her Ts and dot her............ lower-case js



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Primarily she was on there to break the blockage, not provide humanitarian aid. I won't how much "aid" was bought and paid for by the girl.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by CanadianDream420]



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
She wanted to see everything for herself, now she's got an eye full.
Forest Gump's mom said it the best," Stupid is, is what stupid does." If she continues to stick her nose in where it doesn't belong, she will loose that too.


+3 more 
posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1
 


The incident occurred in international waters, therefore, she and her fellows had every right to be there. The IDF did not.



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Nathwa
 


If you read the article she wasn't on the flotilla she was in the streets protesting the attack on the flotilla



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Good call, you are right. I will make the neccassary corrections.

reply to post by SUICIDEHK45
 


+2 more 
posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420
 


She was protesting peacefully on the border. She was not part of the aid flotilla. IDF seems to consider anyone who opposes their actions as an armed military opponent. IDF are low life bullies. How easy it is to shoot unarmed women. But I guess you can do anything when you are God's chosen people. God must be so proud of them.



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Nathwa
 





They protested an illegal blockade

Would you please explain how you determined that the blockade is illegal?
Please don't use UN definitions, because that organization is so pro-Palestinian, and anti-Israel that is it hardly an unbiased party.

The United States instituted a blockade of Cuba, 1962. This blockade was unilaterally declared by JFK, without any UN approval.

Regardless of whether you consider it legal or not, it affects nothing. The fact that these "activists" were armed, indicates that either they were up to no good, or they were inviting military retaliation.

Those people on the flotilla knew what they were getting themselves into, and they have to accept the consequences of their actions.

I'm no fan of Israel, but I'm also no fan of people who knowingly stir up the pot by initiating actions which lead to more violence. These people were not "peace" activists, but in fact, were instigators.



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
She wanted to see everything for herself, now she's got an eye full.
Forest Gump's mom said it the best," Stupid is, is what stupid does." If she continues to stick her nose in where it doesn't belong, she will loose that too.


You could not even manage to get the quote correctly. How stupid is that?



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus
 


Right, because the organization responsible for the creation of the state of Israel, and it's continued legitimacy on the world stage, is completely pro-Palestinian.

You people are grasping at straws right now, eh?



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus
 


Who was more "armed"? Three GUNBOATS full of trained commandos or a ship full of civilians. Some of whom had pipes.



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by Nathwa
 





They protested an illegal blockade

Would you please explain how you determined that the blockade is illegal?
Please don't use UN definitions, because that organization is so pro-Palestinian, and anti-Israel that is it hardly an unbiased party.

The United States instituted a blockade of Cuba, 1962. This blockade was unilaterally declared by JFK, without any UN approval.

Regardless of whether you consider it legal or not, it affects nothing. The fact that these "activists" were armed, indicates that either they were up to no good, or they were inviting military retaliation.

Those people on the flotilla knew what they were getting themselves into, and they have to accept the consequences of their actions.

I'm no fan of Israel, but I'm also no fan of people who knowingly stir up the pot by initiating actions which lead to more violence. These people were not "peace" activists, but in fact, were instigators.




Your post is well taken. Indeed, the blockade is illegal by U.N. standards, which is good enough for me. And the 60's blockade of Cuba was probably every bit as shady. Bottom line is, just because a country has a law, that does not mean it is right. Remember how many people got hurt protesting segregation and such in the 60's American South? When one sees injustice, one should undermine it. So are you not a fan of Martin Luther King, Gandhi, or Nelson Mandela, because they "stirred the pot"?



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus
 


Let us compare the blockades.

JFK blockaded a country who had NUCLEAR MISSILES.

Israel blockades a country that has fancy bottle rockets.

Doesn't even seem fair to compare the two does it?



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
reply to post by Nathwa
 


If you read the article she wasn't on the flotilla she was in the streets protesting the attack on the flotilla



yep she wasnt on the flotilla ...op needs to change title of thread as it is a bit misleading.....



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder
 





Israel blockades a country that has fancy bottle rockets.

Israel is blockading a country full of terrorists that are attempting to acquire nuclear weapons, and that has launched rockets and missiles into Israeli territory for decades.

Again, although I am not an avid supporter of Israel, I do defend their right to defend their very existence.

Furthermore, why not point out the fact that Egypt is also blockading Gaza. I suspect that those of you who are condemning Israel are duplicitous in not condemning Egypt also.
Gee, I wonder why that is? Don't bother to answer, I know the answer. Your bigotry is showing.



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Nathwa
 





When one sees injustice, one should undermine it.

Interesting argument. In fact, that was the argument that Hitler used in starting World War II, as a result of the "unjust" Treaty dictated to Germany.

In addition, he used that argument to declare Jews enemies of Germany, because in his opinion, they were bleeding Germany dry.

That is a slippery slope that you start when you make comments like that.

One persons injustice is another person's "justice".



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by groingrinder
 





Israel blockades a country that has fancy bottle rockets.

Israel is blockading a country full of terrorists that are attempting to acquire nuclear weapons, and that has launched rockets and missiles into Israeli territory for decades.

Again, although I am not an avid supporter of Israel, I do defend their right to defend their very existence.

Furthermore, why not point out the fact that Egypt is also blockading Gaza. I suspect that those of you who are condemning Israel are duplicitous in not condemning Egypt also.
Gee, I wonder why that is? Don't bother to answer, I know the answer. Your bigotry is showing.


Like Israel is not a country full of terrorists?
Happy terrorists jumping in the air when they successfully tear down the WTC for the pathocrats. So, now they can do whatever they want as a reward.



posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath
 





Happy terrorists jumping in the air when they successfully tear down the WTC for the pathocrats.

I won't even bother to argue with people who believe that someone other than radical Islamic terrorists were responsible for 9/11. That is psychopathic thinking.



new topics

top topics



 
23
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join