It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US activist loses eye after being shot in face with tear gas canister

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This reminds me of one of these protestor types who jumped in front of a bulldozer and got run over. She was also a young female.

I laugh at the stupidity.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Very upsetting.
A world where we cannot stand up and protest, lest we lose an eye... or our lives.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by bvproductions]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Maybe because egypt isn't attacking merchant vessels in international waters? Perhaps because israel has no territorial rights over gazas seaports? Geez so quick to break out the bigot card lol. Get real arguments please...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Actually, she didn't jump in front of it. I know who you're talking about.
You laugh at the stupidity, huh? Imagine if that was your stupid 'daughter' who fought for what she believed in.
Would you laugh then?

It's easy to laugh at others who lose their lives when it doesn't affect you, isn't it?
Disgusting.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bvproductions

A world where we cannot stand up and protest, lest we lose an eye... or our lives.

It's also a world where Islamic terrorists killed over 3,000 Americans on 9/11, a world where protesters such as the Tea Party are vilified by Obama and the left-wing media, a world where Israel is threatened with being wiped off the map, just because they EXIST, etc.

Life's not fair, deal with it.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Please, don't make me laugh.
Do you believe everything that's spoon fed to you?

Obviously the world isn't fair...
but Israel isn't being 'wiped off' because they exist... that's a hilarious statement.

Also, how do you think those Islamic terrorists came to be?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by Nathwa

When one sees injustice, one should undermine it.

Interesting argument. In fact, that was the argument that Hitler used in starting World War II, as a result of the "unjust" Treaty dictated to Germany.

In addition, he used that argument to declare Jews enemies of Germany, because in his opinion, they were bleeding Germany dry.

That is a slippery slope that you start when you make comments like that.

One persons injustice is another person's "justice".

True, but there is always right vs wrong. Clearly, the 1918 treaty of Versailles was an injustice against Germany by France (I would know, I am of French descent and quite familiar with the history), but, Hitler did not do the right thing. Anyone with a clear understanding of right and wrong would know that killing innocents, or otherwise commiting atrocities is in the wrong. So the only slippery slope is the one of right and wrong, which does not seem so slippery when standing by what is right.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

A friendly reminder...

...to keep it civil.

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory

Please stick to the topic at hand and refrain from personally attacking one another. Adherence to this simple request is expected.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Nathwa

True, but there is always right vs wrong.

In a perfect world, that might be true, but unfortunately there is not any universal agreement as to what is right or wrong. It is culturally based. Take virtually any topic, and you will find two sides with diametrically opposed opinions on right and wrong. Abortion advocates believe it is "right" to allow abortions because it is the "right" of the mother to "chose", whereas pro-life advocates believe that it is wrong to perform abortions because it is the destruction of life.

Do you believe that it would have been "right" to kill Hitler if you knew it would prevent the death of millions? Regardless of the answer, there is no agreement.

Look at the major religions of the world- each has its own definition of right and wrong, and many of those definitions conflict.

The point is that what you or I might believe is right or wrong, there are others who just as strongly believe that our definitions are "wrong".

That is why there are wars, and conflicts.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by ProfEmeritus]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

They are attacking Israel with HOMEMADE rockets. That is hardly the delivery vehicle for NUCLEAR WEAPONS. Make something else up and see if I will believe it.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

They are attacking Israel with HOMEMADE rockets. That is hardly the delivery vehicle for NUCLEAR WEAPONS. Make something else up and see if I will believe it.

they are also attacking with rockets imported throught the tunnels , originating in syria amongst others apparently

middleeast.foreignpolicyblogs.com...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Watching the news, and they just came out with the following:
Isreal just got played, by Hamas and Turkey, each for different reasons, using the peace activist to do the dirty work, to draw the world opinion against the country of Isreal and its actions. Hamas, desires to do what it wants, to include military action against Isreal, and Isreal, seeks to ensure that its citizens are safe. Turkey seeks to be, once again, a leader in the muslim world, and thus if they take a stand, they can point that out, to give them credibility. The only country at a loss is Isreal.
Before you condem a country, take a look through the eyes of a leader. If you were the leader of a small country, surrounded by countries and people who hate your country and your people, would you not take actions to try to keep your citizens safe? The other side of this story, is that Isreal, has stated, that all aid is to go to one port, where the aid can be screened for weapons and then sent on to Gaza.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bvproductions

but Israel isn't being 'wiped off' because they exist... that's a hilarious statement.

Too bad you find that funny. Ahmadinejad certainly doesn't.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Primarily she was on there to break the blockage, not provide humanitarian aid. I won't how much "aid" was bought and paid for by the girl.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by CanadianDream420]

Talk about being blinded by hate ... you can't even read the article.

This girl, blinded by either negligent or deliberate shooting in the face, was never on the aid flotilla. She had nothing to do with it.

Emily Henochowicz was participating in a peaceful protest when she was shot.

If your attitude, delighting in people being treated this way, is typical of Zionist supporters, I hope you are all stuffed into Israel when the consequences of these actions come home to roost.

The free world has no need for those who wish horrendous injuries on peaceful protesters.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Primarily she was on there to break the blockage, not provide humanitarian aid. I won't how much "aid" was bought and paid for by the girl.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by CanadianDream420]

Talk about being blinded by hate ... you can't even read the article.

This girl, blinded by either negligent or deliberate shooting in the face, was never on the aid flotilla. She had nothing to do with it.

Emily Henochowicz was participating in a peaceful protest when she was shot.

If your attitude, delighting in people being treated this way, is typical of Zionist supporters, I hope you are all stuffed into Israel when the consequences of these actions come home to roost.

The free world has no need for those who wish horrendous injuries on peaceful protesters.

I could not have said it any better. She has lost an eye do to what I believe was a harsh reaction by the IDF to the protesters. To think that anyone would encourage this type of aggression against unarmed protesters is pretty messed up.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Nathwa]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I must say that you have to be pretty naive to think peaceful protesting is going to effect the IDF's ROE and/or actions with the current government/regime in charge.

That does not negate the fact that she had her boots on the ground doing whatever she deemed she was capable of doing to stop this continued idiocy. She's got a bigger set of huevos then alot of armchair warriors out there, regardless of her naivity (not insulting anyone here).

I'm glad she's still breathing, but this type of action from the IDF is to be expected at this point in the game. Nothing short of an end-game war with Israel is going to change their careless and egotistical ways with the current leaders.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by DangerDeath

Happy terrorists jumping in the air when they successfully tear down the WTC for the pathocrats.

I won't even bother to argue with people who believe that someone other than radical Islamic terrorists were responsible for 9/11. That is psychopathic thinking.

Yeah besides all of the holes in the official story and all of the evidence of the contrary.

So how does it feel to be supporting a country that takes part in genocide? Must be proud.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Very sad. Assuming we're hearing an accurate account of the protest (they weren't throwing rocks at the IDF, etc) then it seems like another giant over-reaction from Israeli forces.

Having said that, you're taking a big risk taking part in a protest (peaceful or otherwise) in that part of the world. If she wasn't aware of the risks then she shouldn't have been there.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Curio

Really? Blaming the victim?

Really?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
reply to post by Curio

Really? Blaming the victim?

Really?

Of course not. Just pointing out that there are risks inherent in certain actions - she made the choice to be there. If you go to that part of the world to take part in ANY kind of political action you are taking a risk. She either knew the risks or was being naive. It's horrible what happened, and assuming we're hearing the whole story, it looks like the IDF were totally in the wrong. But this is the IDF - did she expect them to offer the protesters tea and cookies

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join