It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Understandably emotions seem to be pretty high.

Seems to me like a lot of people are twisting what FACTS are known to suit their own previously held convictions.

Simple fact of the matter is that no which way you like at it, this was just wrong!

Yissachar1, fair play to you for just calling it like it is.

It can't be easy.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Shooting at peace activists, and Holocaust survivors? These Jews need to right to the Fuhrer for a Medal!!!
I bet Hitler (looking up from where he is now) will sincerely regret having killed so many people? After all it turned out Israel was merely 60 years behind Germany. Guess Hiltler never liked competition?

link   

Originally posted by Canslli
Are some of you trying to justify the deaths of innocent people? People that were trying to help other people in distress, either by actually bringing them supplies or by showing the world their situation?

Come on. How can humans feel ok about some other humans being murdered? People try to justify with phrases like "they knew that Israel wouldn't let them pass" or "they were connected with terrorists groups", etc. like i've read on many sites today.

For God sake! All this trouble because of borders? All this killing because of greed, money and power? I would love to live in a world where people (and countries) could talk about their problems with each other and avoid these kinds of events.

But no! Because if the world were like that, it wouldn't be profitable.

Humanity disgusts me sometimes.

Well said! I agree totally. There's too much death and destruction in this world due to money, greed and power. We are all human so why can't we get along. All because the higher elite don't want us to get along. It's all BS!!!

Remember! Obama is backing Israel! This is going to be swept under the carpet........

link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by soleprobe

seems to be getting obvious that those aboard were well prepared to resist... and it seems that when resisted the Israelis used lethal force...

Well prepared to resist would include ship to ship missiles, heavy caliber machine guns, shoulder fired rockets, magnetic sea mines, and sophisticated electronic jamming equipment.

Well prepared to resist as civilians... If they would have been well prepared to resist with the equipment you mention above, it would not have been a humanitarian ship but a war ship and those on board would not have been civilians but military personnel. It would have been a military provocation not a civilian provocation via an aid mission.

But in my view Israel was in the wrong because it had no jurisdiction over that vessel. .

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

People covering their faces are automatically Hamas? Once again, do you really think European politicians and a Holocaust survivor would be in league with Hamas?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Latest reports suggest these Terrorist blockade runners who were sailing under flags of aid peace and truce, Had not only a board with a nail but slingshots AND STEEL BALLBEARINGS!!
We must stand as a unified people and stop these terrorists and their WMD's.
Seriously now it seems the American MSM has picked up the story, although they are spinning towards an Israeli are right view, it is in the news!! This makes me proud that there is some ....truth no matter how small.

Here we can see the deadly Packerland 3 person Water Balloon SlingShot being manned by three deadly little land based terrorists.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e55792f65abc.jpg[/atsimg]

The truth is that water balloon sling shots are a fun staple of regattas and pleasure craft sailing together, and used for hurling water baloons from one ship to the other.

I can personally testify to the fact that this is great fun, and while the range is considered 150 yards, I have landed some amazing water baloon shots from up to 300 yards away with these sinister wet fun devices.

Pretty soon the Israeli's will be dragging out the frying pans from the ships gallery as evidence of frying pan weilding mad women being present!

[edit on 31/5/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RedBird

The operative words being "IDF's video." Plenty of people here saw it from the beginnning.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

People covering their faces are automatically Hamas? Once again, do you really think European politicians and a Holocaust survivor would be in league with Hamas?

LOL in this setting, that would be my guess, it is plausible.

Of course no one wants to think that that is possible for some ungodly reason.

[edit on 023131p://bMonday2010 by Stormdancer777]

link   
reply to post by illusive man

Pardon? Why are you lashing out at me? I was asking the poster why these people would have terrorists among them. The answer is, they would not

link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

seems to be getting obvious that those aboard were well prepared to resist... and it seems that when resisted the Israelis used lethal force...

Well prepared to resist would include ship to ship missiles, heavy caliber machine guns, shoulder fired rockets, magnetic sea mines, and sophisticated electronic jamming equipment.

Well prepared to resist as civilians... If they would have been well prepared to resist with the equipment you mention above, it would not have been a humanitarian ship but a war ship and those on board would not have been civilians but military personnel. It would have been a military provocation not a civilian provocation via an aid mission.

But in my view Israel was in the wrong because it had no jurisdiction over that vessel. .

Good greif man, do you know many civilians looking to take on Naval Powers via the guise of an aide ship with no suibtable weapons for even putting up a fight let alone winning?

Do you have any idea how rediculous your statements sound, civilian provocation?

How do civilians provocate a military naval assault against them 70 miles out in international waters with pocket knives and crow bars?

This is ATS not romper room, do you need directions to Sesame Street?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by illusive man

Pardon? Why are you lashing out at me? I was asking the poster why these people would have terrorists among them. The answer is, they would not

Well why wouldn't they?

[edit on 023131p://bMonday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

You forget that the passenger manifest is public knowledge. The passengers included European MPs and a Holocaust survivor. Do you REALLY think they would be with Muslim terrorists?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
At least my country has put fordward our stance:
Spanish first, googlenglish later

Mediante un comunicado de la Cancillería, el gobierno argentino expresó su condena al ataque militar israelí en aguas internacionales contra la flota de barcos que pretendía llevar ayuda humanitaria a Gaza y que provocó la muerte de al menos diez activistas propalestinos. Cancillería realizó un "enérgico llamado al cese inmediato" de actos de violencia en la región. "El gobierno argentino condena el ataque perpetrado en aguas internacionales por fuerzas israelíes contra el barco de bandera turca 'Fleet of Freedom', que transportaba ayuda humanitaria para la Franja de Gaza", dice un comunicado difundido este mediodía por la Cancillería argentina. Asimismo indicó que la República Argentina "lamenta profundamente la pérdida de vidas humanas producida en este episodio" y realizó "un llamado a que se lleve a cabo una completa y exhaustiva investigación de los hechos ocurridos". "La Argentina hace un enérgico llamado al cese inmediato de actos de violencia que agravan la situación en el Medio Oriente, y al levantamiento del bloqueo a la población de Gaza, permitiendo la libre circulación de las personas y el ingreso de ayuda humanitaria a la región", agregó el comunicado de prensa. Por último, el gobierno argentino "urge a la estricta observancia del derecho internacional humanitario y de las resoluciones de las Naciones Unidas conducentes a lograr una paz justa y duradera en la región".

In a statement the Foreign Ministry, the Argentine Government expressed its condemnation of Israeli military attack in international waters against the fleet of boats that was meant to bring humanitarian aid to Gaza and killed at least ten pro-Palestinian activists. Foreign Ministry made a "strong call for an immediate end" to violence in the region. "The Argentine government condemns the attack in international waters by Israeli forces against the Turkish-flagged ship 'Fleet of Freedom', carrying humanitarian aid for the Gaza Strip," said a statement released this afternoon by the Foreign Ministry of Argentina. He also indicated that Argentina is "deeply regrets the loss of life produced in this episode" and made "a call to conduct a full and thorough investigation of the events." "Argentina makes a strong call for immediate cessation of acts of violence which worsen the situation in the Middle East, and the lifting of the blockade of the Gaza population, allowing free movement of persons and the entry of humanitarian aid to the region "added the press release. Finally, the Argentine government "urges strict observance of international humanitarian law and UN resolutions for achieving a just and lasting peace in the region."

Source

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Israel choosing the time and the place for the attack really it was a poor choice.

To split hairs here if they would have waited for 20 miles these ships would have been in Israeli waters .

At that point they would have been in legal justification to board a vessel that would not stop for proper customs check and could be considered a smuggler if they didn't allow boarding . Since the vessel would have been breaking a so called legal embargo . Any acts of violence would be against a lawful embargo enforcement .

No since the ship was boarded in international waters it really could be considered a act of piracy . Violence against the boarders here is trying to repel pirates, Israel lost their legal high ground with this .

I feel any government has the right to self defense . But all too often the Israeli government goes way over board on the defense issue to the point of creating prison slums in the Palestinian areas .

Right now if you are a Palestinian you are guilty (whether you did any thing or not just by being Palestinian) of terrorist act against Israel .

40 years ago I was a total Israel supporter after seeing 40 years of Israel loses 5 citizens then Palestinians lose 400 in retaliation red cross stations attacked in retaliation . Then Palestinian lands choked off .

I started to think if I was in their shoes . I cant leave I cant immigrate out of here I cant have a job I am starving my home is destroyed many times now I cant rebuild my friends and family are killed in retaliation by the rate 20 to 1 ratio or more heck that would make me pick up a gun and fight back .

These actions are breeding newer terrorist / freedom fighters all the time . This cycle of violence needs to end .

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Also protests in Sweden too (can anyone translate the following page for me?)

www.kommunisterna.org...

It appears to be a listing of 'spontaneous' protests, along with the times to be there, in several different municipalities around Sweden, Organized by the Swedish Communist Party.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Of course it is not plausible! A survivor of the Holocaust, a campaign to kill all Jews, is working with Muslim terrorists who want to destroy Israel, the Jewish homeland?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I answer this in my last post. And in any case I asked the first question. Do you have an answer?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder

That is BS as was stated I and many others saw this as it happened. No weapons, no fighting...only unarmed civilians begging for mercy as Israeli commandos gunned them down.

There are videos of this you know.

Good. I can't wait for someone to release video showing what you state. Can you give me a heads-up via U2U if that ever happens? This thread moves so fast I might miss a mere posting. So far, what has been claimed to be such that I've found is no such thing, but I can always expect SOMEONE can show that to be wrong...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
According to isreal, they had commandos trying to hop onto the ship to check it out but then suddenly got gang-jumped by a mob of palestinians.

We still dont know the full of the story but lets not jump to conclusions here....

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join