It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
Yes i just seen the live footage of this atrocity. Israel will pay for this as there is on board european legistors on board one of the boats. I think its time Europe flexed its muscles and move ships to gaza and stick 2 fingers up to israel. I like to see Israel attack a real army. God damn cowards

[edit on 30/5/2010 by loner007]

Europe doesn't have muscles and they also don't have a real army over there either.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
reply to post by CanadianDream420

As SOON as the ISraeli soldiers hit the deck they are viciously attacked with wood and chairs.

Yes from 300ft up in the air on a grainy black & white video feed, I can really see the deranged look in the activist's eyes as they are completely shocked and in awe of strange military figures coming down from a helicopter overhead who haven't made their presence or intentions known.

More to the point, armed to the teeth as if they were attacking a heavily fortified bunker.

And you expected them to do what?

Clearly the murder of 20 Aid Workers is justified. Open & Shut Case.

[edit on 31/5/10 by The Godfather of Conspira]

Do you really need to see the looks on their faces as they were charging with bats and wooden/metal sticks??

Make their presence known??? The Israeli ships AND helicopters radioed their flotilla's multiple times and got response back... So they knew damn well who was boarding there ship and for what reasons.

You mean to tell me if they dropped 5 commandos and all of the crew members backed up and sat down, yes even on their own ship, and waiting for it to arrive in Gaza then the Israeli Commando's would have STILL shot them???......

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

At 1:03 in your video it shows one of the passengers with a gas mask.

Wouldn't this indicate that the aid workers were anticipating a confrontation?

I think that while many are blaming Israel, they should also keep in mind that these aid workers knew they were going to be confronted and had plans to resist and are just as much at fault for the events that folded out.

Well Gas masks would be a standard issue item for anyone attempting to sail into Gaza IMO,knowing how the Israelis had already said they would treat the situation.

If you knew you would likley be confronted by CS gas-wouldn't you also take a mask?

These people wanted to shed light on the blockade.
And some were killed in the process.
By gun weilding pirate maniacs in international waters no less...

Do not tell me you would not pick up whatever you could to defend yourself in a similar situation-or would you just lie down?

The pirates were spec ops for gods sake...trained to kill people who in this case simply wanted to deliver medicine to the sick and maimed of Gaza.

Real nice huh?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Who could blame them for defending there vessel from state sponsered piracy, not only were they unarmed men women and children many miles into international waters but they dropped aboard in that manner, armed and ready for a fight.

The fact that some people in here automatically assume that Israel did the right thing without an investigation obviously hasn't looked at it's track record when it comes to human rights, and potential war crimes.

I say good on them, if your going to go out do it for something you believe in.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Eye of Horus

Why would European politicians and a Holocaust survivor embed Iranian or Hamas terrorists on their ships?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This whole situation does not appear to be as cut and dry as I first suspected.

Before everyone jumps on board the anti-Israel train, we should wait for more substantive accounts of what actually occurred. The IDF's video release clearly showed the soldiers under attack once they boarded the ships.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Don't worry friend, I have always loved Jewish people and would never allow the actions of a terrorist government turn me from those thoughts.

When I say Israel, I mean the Zionist basterds who murder and use their faith as a means to do so.

Jews are awesome folk.

I dislike Israel for her government and her policies...

~Keeper

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by avatar01

OMG what the heck are you on.......wake up and smell the coffee...this thread is turning into religious tit for tat biggoted load of BS.

How the heck can we expect world peace when there is so much hatred....

On a slihtly different tact...how would we react to 'Disclosure' if we HUMANs yes that's what we are cannot even get on.

Its one small planet...everyone deserves the rights to free air, water, shelter, education and GOD whowever they believe !!

Come on......lets speak on peace not War and hatred

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If this was anywhere else, Somalia for example, it would (by international definition) be known as Piracy.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Where did you see a Hamas terrorist? Are you referring to the "scarf"? There were 3 Palestinians on board, 2 women and an elderly man. Hardly hardened terrorists.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

And in this video you can see what looks like masked Hamas militants, or whatever the PC term is for them at,

Wow.

So 10 seconds of out-of-context, unverifiable, video evidence justifies the deaths of 20 aid workers?

Amazing logic there.
What would have 20 seconds bought the Israelis? A demolished apartment block in Gaza?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by Eye of Horus

Why would European politicians and a Holocaust survivor embed Iranian or Hamas terrorists on their ships?

maybe because unlike most of you, most of use dont take in the BS thrown at us by israel and its media allies into calling hamas and iranians terrorists.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
seems to be getting obvious that those aboard were well prepared to resist... and it seems that when resisted the Israelis used lethal force...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

The Israeli ships AND helicopters radioed their flotilla's multiple times and got response back...

When I hear & see these alleged radio broadcasts, I'll believe them.

So they knew damn well who was boarding there ship and for what reasons.

Yeah. Armed-to-the-teeth Sayeret Makal Commandos looking for a fight with a bunch of Aid Workers who A) Were not carrying any "Contraband" B) Were in International Waters and C) Were not posturing in any way that implied they were violating the blockade.

The Israelis have agreed to allow their supplies to flow through to Gaza anyhow, so you're point is moot.

You mean to tell me if they dropped 5 commandos and all of the crew members backed up and sat down, yes even on their own ship, and waiting for it to arrive in Gaza then the Israeli Commando's would have STILL shot them???......

If you read my previous post properly...

Nothing is above a nation that has used force against the Red Cross, the UN and school Children. Nothing.

I wouldn't trust Israel with a Synagogue. Let me put it that way.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Good grief...anyone whos moaning on about masked militants really has been taken for a good one IMO...

People tend to cover their faces when they are being gassed by CS/mace/tear gas whatever...It hardly makes them Taliban.

Some people just glug down the propaganda though,I guess it helps them deal with people being killed in their name.

Well screw that-I do not wish to be an ostrich.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This is the way I view it:

Israel was the instigator, they had warships and helicopters following these ships 100 miles out in international water and yes all of this for HUMANITARIAN AID SHIPS, with civilian men women and children aboard, the fact that they had warships on there tails and military helicopters says a lot about what Israel expected to happen. Then at 4:30 am they decided to drop armed soldiers from helicopters, if I woke up to that site then yes I would probably be defending myself. Anyways, my .02¢

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
armed and ready for a fight.

Armed, of course.. Ready to fight? hardly. If they were, they would have dropped flash bombs first and went in shooting...

Now listen carefully, okay?

What if Turkey, although NATO, sent a Pro-Palestinian-Pro-Hamas aid ship down to New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina... You tell me US Forces would not have hopped aboard and if they were attacked wouldn't have shot back.

I await your HONEST answer...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBird
This whole situation does not appear to be as cut and dry as I first suspected.

Before everyone jumps on board the anti-Israel train, we should wait for more substantive accounts of what actually occurred. The IDF's video release clearly showed the soldiers under attack once they boarded the ships.

I think that the IDF video proves nothing. Like other poster said, there is no available compelling evidence that suports either side of this history.

The IDF video was clearly edited to show IDF soliders being attacked, but did it show the beginning of the operation? Did it show the first IDF soldier to touch down the ship? I think not.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatesHatriots
I really hope Obama disconnected the International Phone in the White House. The US needs no part of this on either side. Let Israel deal with it's actions without it's pimp there to protect it please.

The US is not Israel's pimp, its his father and a father's love is unconditional....

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The way Israel had the Sayeret Makal Commandos on STAND-BY with the Navy Blockade ready to deploy via Helicopter insertion (very unusual deployment method in the high seas to the say the least, the choppers are sitting ducks during touch-down) unless you can be virtually guaranteed you'll be landing on a vessel with virtually no armed occupants...

It just bolsters the case that Israel had been tailing and seeking to apprehend these guys since the moment they left Port.
They had to have known they'd be attacking Aid Workers carrying supply shipments otherwise they'd have never gone in so light-handed and risked their air assets and valuable manpower like that.

They had this whole scenario drawn up from the get go.

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join