It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I'm surprised that they killed so many people. But that's Israel after all. They have done worse. They will get away again with this. Others countries shuld take sanctions but they talk only about "investigations", meaning they expect the people to forget about this.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
HAS NOBODY WATCHED THE SKY NEWS FOOTAGE OF THE ASSUALT!!

You see an israeli officer almost beaten to death with an iron bar. No wonder they opened fire. No sympathy

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
another-green-world.blogspot.com...

UK GREEN PARTY FIRST TO CONDEMN ISRAEL

"I completely condemn this deadly attack on the humanitarian aid convoy. I am deeply shocked by the brutality of the assault, which has left a still unkown number of people dead and wounded. My thoughts are with the victims and their families.

"This attack is a serious infringement of the principles of international law. The Green Party calls on the UK Government, and the EU, to apply pressure to lift the ongoing blockade of Gaza, which makes essential humanitarian aid for the population of Gaza virtually impossible to deliver. We also call for the quick establishment of an international inquiry to shed light on the circumstances of this attack."

But no word from Clegg or Cameron yet though...

atthesauce.blogspot.com...

[edit on 31-5-2010 by mr-lizard]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pryde87

You see an israeli officer almost beaten to death with an iron bar. No wonder they opened fire. No sympathy

Armed pirates boarding a ship in international waters are not attackers? They should not be resisted?

There are still some people left in this world who will oppose brutes and murderers and not bend over just to save their miserable lives.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

reply to post by ocker

This "aid flotilla" was just propaganda. Its quite sad that you cant see through this. These peaceful "aid workers" attacked the boarding party with knives. What would happen if I attacked a US police officer with a knife, or any police officer for that matter. Yes, I would get shot.

The palenstinians love to play the victim. Why are you protecting these people with your statements? If you are so pro palestinian talk a walk down the street in gaza. That will change your mind when you are bound up, robbed and beaten for being western.

You are conveniently leaving out the fact that the aid ship was in International Waters, the fact that a IDF Navy Seal Team repelled onto the ship and began forcing people to their knees. Where might I ask does the IDF have the right to do that?

I would defend myself as well from a blatant form of aggreesion on my ship especially in international waters.

-Kdial1

+2 more 
posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Aaaaaaaw bless him. Somebody should have mentioned that creeping up on a load of sleeping people with a gun might have earned him a bump on his head.

Really diddums.

I think the WHOLE of ATS should rally together and find this poor Israeli soldier a new career in a comfortable job, maybe testing cushions.

The poor poor man.

--

The idiot deserved it. Lucky he got away with a few bruises, the murdering bastard.

link   

If it were me, i would have done the same thing. Armed forces from a foreign nation drop from helicopters onto your ship, and have weapons drawn. I dont blame them for fighting back!

edit:
14:42
White House 'deeply regrets' loss of life and injuries sustained in Gaza flotilla clashes (Reuters)
14:40
Police chief arrives at Ashdod port to assess preparations for docking of Gaza aid boats (Haaretz)
14:11
Israel Navy commander: The soldiers were restrained, courageous on Gaza flotilla (Ch. 10)

from haaretz

[edit on 31-5-2010 by BlueballsD]

link   
Another insight, and i think it is very important.
Maybe you have heard, yesterday Kurdish rebels (although not confirmed by PKK yet) attacked to Turkish soldiers and killed 7 people. Some commentators says, that both events are linked. Everybody knows that Mossad has close relationships with Kurdish rebels and their organization PKK (also with regard to a hegemony over nort iraq). It seems the issue between Turkey and Israel is more than serious and it is complicated than it seems.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by deccal]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

And I would do the same. IDF are the ones who started it, not the activists. I would repel an attack on my boat also, with any means necessary.

I hope that cooler heads prevail and its time for sanctions against Israel.

link   

So I can break into your house and put a gun to yours and your family's head and its your fault if you resist in any way?

link   
reply to post by Pryde87

Notice how the israel officer abseils in and is immediately assualt with an iron bar while another is dragged to the ground. Notice also how the israelis dont have their weapons up.

a). Inside International waters.

and

b). Illegal to board vessel.

and

c). Shouting in Hebrew made a few passengers panic and try to grab the commandos gun and defend their boat using whatever was there - kitchen knife, bat etc. Commandos disproportionately kill 20 people in response to that.

or

d). Israeli commandos were extremely aggressive towards passengers who thought they could die, so fought back however they could.

In either scenario, the commandos shouldn't have boarded the ship in international waters. It's like Somali pirates complaining that people defended their own ships during hijackings.

Do Israel really think they were there to smuggle axes into Gaza?! Knives are used to cut rope on you know.... boats... and to chop up food for preparation.

Israel's response to all of this calling them Al-Qaeda terrorists is #ing pathetic.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
More marches and protests planned in the UK. Gaining momentum.

Manchester + London + Bristol (possibly Liverpool + Birmingham too).

how much money shall i put on none of the major news outlets covering these?

Indiemedia is the alternative.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Holy macaroni PEOPLE!

A TURKISH MP WAS KILLED BY ISRAEL.

THIS IS ANOTHER ACT OF WAR.

TWO ACTS OF WAR AGAINST TURKEY IN LESS THAN 12 HOURS...

OSauvage: RT @activistgirl: RT @Umm_Issa @AngryFromMCR @Omar_Gaza BREAKING: A Turkish MP is among the dead #freedomflotilla #flotilla #gaza

THIS JUST GOT REAL.

Tweeter

Turkey to bomb Israel in 3...2...1...

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Should any boat welcome invaders with open arms and puppy dogs? Of course not, you defend your vessel against all invaders.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Israel Navy commander: The soldiers were restrained, courageous on Gaza flotilla (Ch. 10)

WHAT?! If they weren't restrained would they have just blown the ship out of the week using a destroyer. And then finished off the task using F-15 jets armed with white phosphorus to gas the survivors.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by PatesHatriots

haha you have no idea. Just have fun hating israel. I cant be bothered to argue with you people any more. You just suck up propoganda like a sponge.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by spurge

the more and the more those zionist guys are getting crazy in their thinking : mixing up a lot of BS and other blabla to try to excuse their behaviour !! that is what we call : newspeak (Huxley - Mind Control ), peptalk, blabla but in the end it is desinformation talk and propaganda !
Now they call normal people that defend a oppressed palestinian population terrorists ??? come on !! and the ones that defend Israel are also terrorists then ? conclusion : in their eyes you just may not react any longer in defending the poor and the oppressed and the women and the children, otherwise you are a terrorist !!
close your eyes and let us murder ( = sarcasm ) - do not disturb us because WE ARE THE CHOOSEN PEOPLE and you are just like dogs ! (thalmud )

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

I'm asking you a simple question based on your logic and what you've said. If you can't be bothered to explain or defend, I don't know what we're arguing about.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

Your troll attempts have become obvious. You can stop now.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
COMMANDOS FIRING BEFORE BOARDING SHIP!

uk.news.yahoo.com...

A reporter on the boat said the commandos had begun firing before landing on the vessel.

Twenty eight Britons and a number of Greeks, Swedish and Irish were aboard the flotilla which was 80 miles off Gaza.

--

If this is the case, then no wonder people armed themselves. The sound of live ammo being discharged close to me, would make me worry about my life.

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join