It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by phoenix103

This is simply crazy, i'm in a pretty remote part of turkey and have been watching this news all morning..its nothing but unwarranted aggression that may be a huge spark in already 'fragile times'.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I've been parked on this thread since it started several hours ago, since msm outlets only exhibit hang-gliding grandmas and pot-bellied pigs.

I have a really bad feeling about this. I get the sense that something very, very big is about to happen, due to the fact that we've all gone plumb April Sugar here the past coupla months.

I detect something sinister behind this though, because it draws up so much hate, people can't even think straight - well, if I wanted to start something big, definitely stirring a hornet's nest with a ton of emotions would be a great cover...

I also fear that this will break msm's grasp on its ability to censor information. Why I fear that, is the same reason I fear the planet waking up in a battery pod instead of the comfy matrix...

PS: if I see shark guy or roosevelt have to explain ONE MORE TIME that they saw it live, I WILL puke.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Could you elaborate on your viewpoint? I really don't see the connection between this event and a war with Syria.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ocker

I see you conveniently ignore the North Korean part of my post. There are thousands of people dying there because no aid is allowed to enter the country. Your country is part of this.

This "aid flotilla" was just propaganda. Its quite sad that you cant see through this. These peaceful "aid workers" attacked the boarding party with knives. What would happen if I attacked a US police officer with a knife, or any police officer for that matter. Yes, I would get shot.

The palenstinians love to play the victim. Why are you protecting these people with your statements? If you are so pro palestinian talk a walk down the street in gaza. That will change your mind when you are bound up, robbed and beaten for being western.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Shades of the sinking of the lusitania. This was probably intentional to spark war against Isreal.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

I don't have anything against Syria personally but my thinking is there will be rocket attacks on Israel now, because of this event, which will in turn mean Israel attacking Gaza and Lebanon. That means Syria being attacked and Iran will not stand by idly. A pact was signed in December between Iran and Syria.

Basically there needed to be a flashpoint like this before war with Iran starts. Now its happened its only a matter of time.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
www.indymedia.org.uk...

Protests outside Downing Street (England) Have begun.

Only 30 people, but more expected. 2pm is the expected time that people will arrive.

Also protests in Sweden too (can anyone translate the following page for me?)

www.kommunisterna.org...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pryde87
This "aid flotilla" was just propaganda. Its quite sad that you cant see through this. These peaceful "aid workers" attacked the boarding party with knives. What would happen if I attacked a US police officer with a knife, or any police officer for that matter. Yes, I would get shot.

That is BS as was stated I and many others saw this as it happened. No weapons, no fighting...only unarmed civilians begging for mercy as Israeli commandos gunned them down.

There are videos of this you know.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Bout 420am here in California and the world news giants give the story a fleeting mention. It appears the insurgents were the aggressors no matter what the video shows.
Story will be gone by tomorrow.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Hi,
in turkish television you can watch the last conversation with the captain. He is saying, they are showing white flags but attack do not stop. From his voice you can see how frightened the situation is. Really sad.
Another news is that, another ship is approaching to the coast full of international journalists and Tv said that Israeli officials do not know what to do with them because the journalists may have very important photos or films about the assault.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

Thats a lie! Absolute BS. SHow me a video of israeli troops killing these peaceful aidworkers then. All the videos I have seen show absolutely nothing

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
In the past I have been quite supportive of The Israeli government, they have to be strong as they are surrounded by 'enemies'.

However, I have become increasingly aware that their overtly aggresive nature helps perpetuate the hatred.

This beggars belief and is totally inexcusable.

It's about time the Israeli people asked serious questions about the direction their country is taking.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

I know this wasn't directed to me, and I hope I'm not being rude, but I think this article might tie it together a bit and could be what he was referring to:

asbarez.com...

I think the connections make a lot of sense.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
news.bbc.co.uk...

1135:
French President Nicolas Sarkozy accuses Israel of a "disproportionate use of force".

1131:
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon says he is "shocked by reports of killings and injuries" on the flotilla and says it is vital that Israel carries out a full investigation.

He wants Israel to investigate this matter? Is he just plain ol stupid? People (groups or countries)who commit a crime do not "investigate" themselves. That is probably one of the dumbest things ever said by this Ban Ki Moon guy

link   
reply to post by g146541

No No No this event will not die away. This is massive in relation to middle-east tensions. While i don't have an opinion on Israel's actions today it is clear;

Israel killed at-least 6 Turkish nationals in international waters. That's basically an act of war. If heads are lost in the Turkish government over this there will be war.

link   
reply to post by Pryde87

That is a complete fabricated lie and I am now ignoring you...if you want to look I have posted many videos in severals threads here on ATS. Try the #1 thread page 5.

link   

Originally posted by Pryde87

Thats a lie! Absolute BS. SHow me a video of israeli troops killing these peaceful aidworkers then. All the videos I have seen show absolutely nothing

What, so the dead peace protesters just fell down dead? No Israeli shot them, they just upped and died just to make Israel look bad?

I don't usually attack posters but jeez, get some medication!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueballsD
i dont think that this has been mentioned yet, what about the economic fallout of this? I can think of several US companies that have large contracts with Israel. Depending on what the american government does this could go from bad to worse very quickly. And while am typing this, presstv reports that people from london have taken to the streets and are protesting this

Twitter says 2pm in London there is a planned demonstration - that's in 1 & half hours.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Cut your lies and watch this video!

Go to www.skynews.com and see the video linked to the report.

Notice how the israel officer abseils in and is immediately assualt with an iron bar while another is dragged to the ground. Notice also how the israelis dont have their weapons up.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Pryde87]

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Pryde87]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
One of the big scandal is, the israeli officials are still hiding how many people are injured, and how many killed, and more importantly, WHO they are..I thinking they are thinking that they are handling with a couple of wild animal or something. Zero respect to humanity.
By the way, I strongly reccomend to watch all the videos. There you will see that all Israeli officials are lying about the so called "attack".
One person is hitting with a stick, yes, at 4.20 o clock you are attacking to a ship (570 people) with only civilians. One person attacks with a stick, and you kill 20 people and injure 60?

[edit on 31-5-2010 by deccal]

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join