It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Has anyone else noticed a bit of similarity here between this incident and Episode I: The Phantom Menace? I mean, regarding the legality of the blockade and what not. I'm not being cheeky or trying to make light of this serious situation; I just thought of this and found it interesting. Think how the jedi were attempting to board the trade federation ship for "negotiations" and were instead nearly killed. Communications were cut off on Naboo, and this was basically the beginning of war. Remember how Palpatine told the Trade Federation "I will MAKE it legal"? Gives me chills thinking about it. I guess TPTB or NWO would represent Palpatine in this analogy.

I hope we aren't looking at the same sort of outcome as in the movie, but I'm really afraid that it's going down for real this time...and in the not-too-distant future.

link   
While in no way making the deaths of the other activists seem less important if a Turkish MP has been killed this takes the whole game being played to a new level.this event could reach critical mass in a very short time

link   
reply to post by john124

Israel's response to all of this calling them Al-Qaeda terrorists is #ing pathetic.

Pathetic is an apt word to describe 'israel', imo

Israel minus US = end of israel and hello to more of their never ending whining, begging and wailing

link   

Originally posted by Pryde87
HAS NOBODY WATCHED THE SKY NEWS FOOTAGE OF THE ASSUALT!!

You see an israeli officer almost beaten to death with an iron bar. No wonder they opened fire. No sympathy

They opened fire on the boat when they were not even on board , according to a greek boat. Stop your zionist propaganda.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by PatesHatriots

Your comparison to a home invasion is delusional. These people set sail knowing what would happen. They were offered free passage into Gaza over land by israel so that israel could check the goods before they went in. They refused. Israel said we will board the boats and inspect the goods. These "peace activists" knew what was coming. They were even informed that israel was coming on board to check the cargo. They assault the israelis the minute they landed on the boat. It is no wonder that israel shot some of them.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
COMMANDOS FIRING BEFORE BOARDING SHIP!

uk.news.yahoo.com...

A reporter on the boat said the commandos had begun firing before landing on the vessel.

Twenty eight Britons and a number of Greeks, Swedish and Irish were aboard the flotilla which was 80 miles off Gaza.

--

If this is the case, then no wonder people armed themselves. The sound of live ammo being discharged close to me, would make me worry about my life.

In the video they keep replaying on the LiveStream (or they were awhile ago) you could see and hear the gunboats shooting at the ship right before the Commandos hit the deck. I'm glad a lot of the facts are coming out and haven't been distorted.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Further to Vitchilo's post, Turkey has just withdrawn it's ambassador ito Isreal.

twitter.com...

This is real, i dont understand yet, but Isreal sees Turkey as worth starting a fight with.

Turkey WAS fairly neutral, no more it seems.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ickylevel

They didnt fire on the boat. They fire warning shots as the boat ignored request to turn away.

Get your facts right.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

you pryde are also still not understanding what the law and the international law means - maybe you still are not at highschool so I forgive your ingnorance ... but attacking a cop with a knife ????? what has this to do with people on their boats being attacked in international waters by heavy armed crazy IDF ( Intentionnaly Destructiv Forces ?? ) ???
So, please read some more about law and order, you who wants to defend the police .....

link   
I'm usually very sympathetic towards Israel because most people just don't understand their situation - they don't put themselves in Israel's position.

However, this incident has me dumbfounded. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot
I know Israel's philosophy is to give no quarter, but come on, you have to be smart about it too. Clearly there were no weapons on board these ships (unless it was the most brazen attempt at smuggling in history) and just letting them go on their way would have reflected well on Israel. I know Israel will argue that if they let this one fleet through then where do you draw the line, but they could have said "OK, just one - then no more" instead of going in guns blazing. All they've achieved by this is to make their lives very difficult. Bizarre.

link   
reply to post by Parallex

As I have told you before.. I do not hate Palestinians... I have a problem with loosing my house for nothing, in the name of a peace that did not come (which I see as another stick to use against the Palestinians made by the Knesset who knew that it would amount to zilch).. And have a problem with my daughter having PTSD because of rockets... But both those things are due to the leaders on both sides.. Not the rest of us on both sides who have to live with their decisions... I hate the wall... Because I know that if someone wants to get to you bad enough they will with rockets.. I hate the fact that childen in Gaza are being brainwashed against us, because it is just another generation destroyed to carry on the fight for the vanity of a few... I hate the arrogance of the Knesset who think they are above international law and who think they can just kill whoever they like in any country. Who think that they can lay seige to a people and starve them to death.. Who think its perfectly acceptable to let the Palestinian leadership brainwash their kids so to justify the seige, to wipe them all out eventually... I hate the Arabs who could not give a crap that their brothers and sisters are suffering but wont take them in either.... There is soooo much wrong on all sides here, and whilst they are all playing their pathetic games, the normal people are suffering and dying.. Jews the world over are being persecuted because of this even though they had nothing to do with it... And both sides forget the unwritten hospitality laws of the middle east...
Those so called Jews in the Knesset are not Jews... Jews are called to be righteous, helpful, plead the cause of the widow and the orphan.. To do good.. There is no good here... And Hamas are not angels either... There could have been peace years ago... In fact we DID used to live together in peace... But vain men used bigotry to divide us... Its time that the sons of Abraham stopped their crap... Because if they both would see their children dead before they would talk... Then they both deserve to be destroyed..

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

reply to post by PatesHatriots

Your comparison to a home invasion is delusional. These people set sail knowing what would happen. They were offered free passage into Gaza over land by israel so that israel could check the goods before they went in. They refused. Israel said we will board the boats and inspect the goods. These "peace activists" knew what was coming. They were even informed that israel was coming on board to check the cargo. They assault the israelis the minute they landed on the boat. It is no wonder that israel shot some of them.

Yeah that's all nice and pretty. I might even agree with you if Israel could hold off on waxing civilians until they were in Israeli waters (which they never would've of been but I'm trying to keep this simple for you) however they were in international waters which means they are protected under international law, just like you would be protected by law from me coming in your own home and threatening you and your family. And your version of events is interesting considering that's not what happened but okay I'll go with it since i don't really care. Still doesn't change the fact that Israel broke International Law, committed an act of war and piracy, and waxed 10-15 people.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by PatesHatriots]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

They didnt fire on the boat. They fire warning shots as the boat ignored request to turn away.

Get your facts right.

You were there?

You can prove with 100% certainty that they never fired on the boat?

Stop troll.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Get your facts right.

Did they declare they were going to fire warning shots in all those languages?

To be honest, I wouldn't know the difference between a warning shot and a shot beaded on my head.

link   
reply to post by Pryde87

They fired 'warning shots' ?

Which killed ?

Same 'warning shots' they fired at the Liberty ?

Same 'warning shots' of white phosphorous they fired on Gaza ?

Sort of 'multi-purpose' warnings shots, are they ? Unique to Israel ?

And that's standard for Israel, is it ? To attack ships in International Waters and kill those on board with 'warning shots' ?

So if other nations fire similarly deadly warning shots at Israel --- you'll understand and won't whine ?

Is that a deal ?

link   
Here is another video taken during the raid CLICKY

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
reply to post by Parallex

As I have told you before.. I do not hate Palestinians... I have a problem with loosing my house for nothing, in the name of a peace that did not come (which I see as another stick to use against the Palestinians made by the Knesset who knew that it would amount to zilch)..

Perhaps you should should discuss your little problem with the thousands of Palestinians who lost their houses as a result of Israeli settlements, many of them driven out of their homes like cattle. Oh, I forgot, all that matters is the suffering of Israeli people.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

HAS NOBODY WATCHED THE SKY NEWS FOOTAGE OF THE ASSUALT!! You see an israeli officer almost beaten to death with an iron bar. No wonder they opened fire. No sympathy

In Northern Ireland this happened quite regulary.... I NEVER shot anyone... Arrested them though.....

British Army..... Best in the world

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Get your facts right.

Fact: That boat was in International waters. Firing upon it in any way was an act of piracy. Boarding the boat confirms that this was not a blockade, but piracy, no better than the Somalis.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

The boats were in international waters and Israel cannot tell ships from other nations where they can go. Israel is simply a terrorist state and should be dealt with accordingly.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Phlegmi]

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join