It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

It wasn't a flotilla, it was the USS Liberty

link   

Originally posted by PatesHatriots

Originally posted by ABNARTY
reply to post by D.E.M.

For those of you concerned about manners and keeping it civil, check out this story of Fox news.

www.foxnews.com...

The comments under the story tell the tale. "Bulldoze Gaza into the sea!" "Go Israel Go", "These Terrorist Lovers are lucky only a few died", "Israel should have sunk all 6 ships and let the passengers drown" blah, blah, blah

Can Americans really be that ill informed? Is this the BS Fox supports? On CNN's main page it ain't even on there but Celine Dion having twins is. You have to hunt for it deeper on the site.

Yes Americans really are that retarded. It really shouldn't be surprising considering our Presidents the last nine years.

Well some Americans act like that. A sampling of the same type can be found in every country.

link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

Thank you

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Come on.

Putting the IDFs lack of accountability for their illegal acts on Obama?

You'd be better to go down the line of all the other presidents that have turned a blind eye to Israels' heavy handedness in the past. It's relationship is much deeper than a first-term president.

To be fair, this current administration is one of the few actually being firm with Israel and the actions she used to get away with.

Israel recoils as US backs nuclear move

Washington's unprecedented backing for a UN resolution for a nuclear-free Middle East that singles out Israel has both angered and deeply worried the Jewish state although officials are cagey about openly criticising their biggest ally.

The resolution adopted by the United Nations on Friday calls on Israel to join the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) and urges it to open its facilities to inspection.

It also calls for a regional conference in 2012 to advance the goal of a nuclear-free Middle East. Breitbart

Analysis: Obama's tough-love approach to Israel

Based on interviews with U.S., Israeli and Arab diplomats, no one expects a drastic change in the relationship -- the Obama administration won't waiver from the traditional unshakable commitment to Israel's security. But the Obama administration seems to have a different view from Israel -- and previous U.S. administrations -- on how that security is best achieved. CNN

On a certain level, sure, any new president is going to play ball with Israel, and I will see what develops from this recent act of aggression, however, respecting and or partaking in the customs of the Jewish culture while in Israel is something I would expect any president to probably do.

Obama wearing a kippah/yarmulke during certain ceremonies and talking to Rahm Emanuel (who is currently being called an antisemite in Israel) doesn't prove anything.

I've worn a kippah before during a ceremony and I think the actions of the IDF right now stink.

- Lee

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I wasn't able to find my previous post about Israel funding the Kurdish seperatists along the Iraqi-Turkey border for some reason, but I posted something about it on ATS several years back. These guys have been in a proxy war since the Iraqi invasion IMO, thought I would throw these ATS threads into the mix as well...

Turkey To Challenge Israel, Support Hamas

An old thread of mine...
Israel and Turkey plan $ 1 bn oil pipeline

Some others of interest...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
Does anyone have a source for European politicians being on board and/or the ship being backed by NATO?

Hate to source GLP. . But here goes:
Passenger list of Freedom Flotilla

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
No other country in the world would get away with this sort of action, apart fro Israel. sad thing is most people in the world would rather prosecute athletes for doping or presidents for having too much fun with cigars rather than doing anything meaningful aginst such evil.

This is True Terrisiom !!!

link   
Hrm. It just occurred to me (yeah, I ain't the sharpest marble in the drawer) that that we really are doomed and the Internet will kill us all...

The foundation of all politics (lying) is beginning to crack and disappear...what will our world leaders do without their ability to lie?

All these cameras may not be capturing UFOs, but they are capturing our leaders lying red-handed. If, indeed Israel "drew first blood," there's no way they can sanely back away from it with all the tech floating around out there.

Hrm.

link   
Couple of years back, Kurdish militants based in Iraq attacked Turkish territories and properties. Turkey was obviously angered by this provocation. U.S state department "advised" the then Turkish government to not to enter Iraqi territory to attack the militants. Despite this advisory, the Turkish government sent its military to wipe the militants based in Iraqi territory. We can only speculate as to whether Turkey responds militarily to the Israeli provocation.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
They're re-running the incident on Turkish TV
www.livestream.com...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Some man just appeared live on SKY shouting at a camera.
Think he might be a Turk.

Sky said they come back to it if he says anything bad or something.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

America has backed the Kurds too.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY
reply to post by D.E.M.

For those of you concerned about manners and keeping it civil, check out this story of Fox news.

www.foxnews.com...

The comments under the story tell the tale. "Bulldoze Gaza into the sea!" "Go Israel Go", "These Terrorist Lovers are lucky only a few died", "Israel should have sunk all 6 ships and let the passengers drown" blah, blah, blah

Can Americans really be that ill informed? Is this the BS Fox supports? On CNN's main page it ain't even on there but Celine Dion having twins is. You have to hunt for it deeper on the site.

One can surmise the Fox News website wont show up on any ADL reports in the same manner as ATS regardless of what is being advocated.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
They dont seem very worried......almost like they are trying to stir the pot

you would think if they were getting shot at one guy would not be standing there doing hand signs and making faces at the camera.....what the hell is going on?

[edit on 31-5-2010 by tauempire]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Counttrarian

True That

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

A lot are. I've experienced crap that'd scare the britches off a statue in terms of basic stupidity. Then again, I have the misfortune of living in NC, too. The people here aren't exactly the brightest lights on the scoreboard. Example: When you're walking with a black person and some old fart-ette loudly exclaims 'The Bible says the colors shouldn't mix' IN PUBLIC, SURROUNDED BY OTHER BLACK PEOPLE- it kinda gives you a quick heads up of some of what's allowed to roam free in this great country.

I am suspicious that the comments are more than likely seeded- kinda like how like when one pans for gems, the dirt is seeded with little semi precious stones and such.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Look at the guy on the left of the video....why are they smiling and everything?

like i said before...what the hell is going on?

[edit on 31-5-2010 by tauempire]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Well word is getting around. "Flotilla" is the top trending search and topic on twitter currently.

Flotilla tops trends

link   
So aid workers attack armed and trained commandos with knives and axes? Talk about bringing a knife to a gunfight....not likely. I wonder where the axes came from....I bet they were the ones used to chop the wood that powered the boats. I can't imagine a bunch of axes lying around in a humanitarian supply boat. This story seems unbelievable to me. Innocent people died as a result of an overly aggressive country who acted illegally. I have never in my life said a bad word against Israel, but I condemn them for this action. This action should be dealt with swiftly. It's time for the bully to be put down, so that he may never bully again.

link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

That is crazy...

thanks for the link!

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join