It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Deal With Syria?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I wondered what Israel's beef with Syria is, so I dug around a bit and I found an interesting little piece of information that could be the deal behind the deal so to speak in Israel's attempts to demonize Syria and drag them into a middle east conflict. Russia, China and India the three new explosive new demands for oil all have high hopes for the 1 billion dollar Eilat oil pipeline as an alternative to the Suez Canal which currently ends in Haifa, Israel. They want to run it through to Turkey, the only problem is that there is a large expanse of land between Israel and Turkey called Syria.

Israel and Turkey plan $ 1 bn oil pipeline

Source
Russia sidesteps Arab oil: Will soon begin supplying the Asian markets via Israeli pipeline

Source
The withdrawal of Syrian troops from Lebanon bears a direct relationship to the consolidation of both land and sea corridors under Israeli military proection. The strategic land corridor extends from the Red Sea port of Eilat, across Israel and through Lebanon and the Syrian Mediterranean coastline to the Eastern coastline of Turkey.

Source
Turn Israel into a major player in the oil game by extending a pipeline from Turkey to the port city of Ashkelon and from there to Eilat, in the south portion of the Gulf of the Red Sea.

According to Globes newspaper, a respected Tel Aviv business paper, the plan is already in place and other countries are signing on.

The pipeline will cost $1 billion and it will allow for hundreds of millions of tons of oil to be sent around the world. This is a perfect way to get oil to hard to reach countries that would otherwise rely on the Suez Canal, except that its waters are too shallow to allow for large ships.

India has already signed on. They have committed to 600,000 tons of oil.

Call me crazy, but I think the invasion of Lebanon and the attempt to try to draw Syria into the conflict are just a way of gaining control of the reigon before the oil starts flowing through it. Who wouldn't want a piece of that action with the three largest growing oil markets all in one pipeline, all piped right through Israel.

mod edit to use external quote code, please review this link

[edit on 21-7-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Maybe you can openly explain to me why this is being moved to PTS? Syria is being demonized as a financeer and supplier of Hezbollah, you know, war on terror stuff... What the hell does that have to do with politics Donttreadonme, and why the 'tude in the u2u?

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Twitchy
In a state surrounded by not so friendlies, and being that the not so friendlies also hold the key to paying less for something you need . I think its a great motive to have them demonized, probably why they also supplied the bad intel in Iraq too. If you look into it you will find that there is also Gas in them thar Gaza hills to the tune of 1.3trillion cu meters worth off the gaza coast. Hmmmmm

Pie

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
If I remember right the same thing happened with Afghanistan really. Unocal was lobbying Congress to bomb the Taliban after they had backed out of a major pipeline deal, after which 9-11 was then the catalyst for an all out invasion and regime change, 'electing' a former consultant to Unocal of all people. This theory was nailed down for me when Bush then said that he didn't know where Bin Laden was and that he was no longer a priority of his administration. Hell the energy policy meeting that took place right before 9-11, which for the first time in history barred key environmental interests from attending, was said to have strategic maps of Iraq layed out for them. I don't know about all this war on terror crap folks, yeah there's terrorists out there, but it's not the reason for the season IMO.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Lets agree that there are terrorists but the perks on going after them is Oil,Gas,Large lucrative contracts, weapons deals, and lots and lots of cash flowing into peoples pockets.

Pie

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
The lack of response to this thread is pretty suprising, this whole situation with Lebanon and the way they keep trying to drag Syria and Iran into the mess makes alot of sense when you realize that initially the pipeline was supposed to carry Iranian Oil through it.

[edit on 23-7-2006 by twitchy]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This is the pipeline they are going to extend to Israel.

Gigantic Oil Pipeline From Caspian Sea Opened Today

edit to add:

singlepost by Hellmutt

Israel wants to transport oil from the BTC pipeline to Middle Eastern countries via Israel. They say the pipeline "will be fully put into operation in the coming weeks".

[edit on 2006/7/23 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This pipeline deal with Israel is interesting.

Looking at a map, any pipeline from Turkey to Israel would have to pass through both Lebanon and Syria, unless they went the long way around through Iraq and Jordan...

I guess with the propensity things in Iraq these days have for blowing up, that might not go too smoothly.

[edit on 7/23/06 by xmotex]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Crazy thing is that this pipe-deal is already signed, sealed, and delivered and India has already committed to a signifigant amount of it. In other words, Syria and Lebanon could be in for some real trouble in the comming weeks. Thanks for posting that map helmutt, the other end of that pipeline is already built right up to Haifa, I couldn't find a pic though.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Thank you Twitchy!

Finally, some one has suggested an explaination, more plausible than a couple of kidnapped soldiers, for Israel's actions; actions which risk not only a full-blown regional war, but a global conflict as well!

Given the obvious advantages an Israeli-controlled pipeline wold provide to the US (and NATO) interests, it also makes clear the US's hesitation to broker a cease-fire in the conflict.

I am very susprised, and somewhat concerned, that this angle of the conflict has apparently NOT been picked up by the main-stream media ( Conspiracy Alert!)

I just voted "Way Above" for you Twitchy (I hope it goes through!). I think this aspect of the current crisis might be the "lynch-oun" tying the whole "War On Terror" fiasco together! Great Work!

Ah Heck, just to make sure the WATS worked, I'll give you another!

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Bhadhidar]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I just fell upon something that would tie into this and it makes a lot of sense.

Villify Iran, cause the UN to set sanctions that would basically cutoff oil to the EU countries and Israel has a ready to go customer base that won't mind paying the slight premium on top of the Skyrocketed prices that will occur from Irans sanctions, that Israel will of course charge by getting it direct from the Mediterranean. Turnkey business with Customers from the get-go and Oil will be at record highs by the time this comes to fruition.

Opinion: Sanctions Would Hurt Europe and Iranians, but not US

Located between the Persian Gulf and the Caspian See, Iran has a geographically strategic position in the Middle East, where much of the world's petroleum and natural gas can be found. Next to Saudi Arabia, the Islamic republic of Iran possesses the second largest oil deposit in the world.

As the fourth largest petroleum producer, four million barrels are turned out every day. Some 2.4 million of these are exported, primarily to Asian countries, which receive 60 percent of Iran's total oil exports. More importantly, petroleum is Iran's principal source of income and crude oil makes up nearly 85 percent of the country's exports.

Consequences for the global economy

Bildunterschrift: Großansicht des Bildes mit der Bildunterschrift: The power intensive auto industry may take a blow if sanctions are enforced
Japan is with 23 percent the largest importer of Iranian oil, followed by China with 12.5 percent. Then come Italy (9.4 percent), France (7.3 percent), India (over 6 percent), South Africa (5.8 percent), South Korea (5.4 percent), Turkey (4.4 percent) and the Netherlands (4 percent).

If petroleum sanctions are enforced, these countries will be affected first. As an alternative, they will try to compensate for the loss of Iranian imports on the world market. But that could make the price of "black gold" explode and a barrel of oil could bring in $100 (78 euros) or more within just a few days.

Source

Pie

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Wouldn't Israel have to occupy Lebanon/Syria in order to control the pipeline? I don't see how that would be possible...

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
Wouldn't Israel have to occupy Lebanon/Syria in order to control the pipeline? I don't see how that would be possible...

well it seems like Israel is working on that in Lebanon. Doesn't it seem strange to you that Israel would enter an agreement like that, and she admittedly says that all her neighbors wish to annihilate her into oblivion, yet plans to pass through these very same countries with a pipeline? Iraq has been pacified, Lebanon is in progress, and Syria as well as Iran are being mentioned a lot.

I would not commit to such a deal unless I knew that things would be my way. They must have a lot of confidence or maybe they know something everyone else doesn't.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Umm Guys. Help me out here.

Unless I'm missing something the pipeline doesn't even attempt to cross Syria or Lebanon. The oil will be transported from Turkey to Israel via underwater pipeline, or ship.

the idea was to extend the BTC pipeline by an underwater section from Ceyhan to Haifa, the Jewish state's northern port city on the Mediterranean. This is linked to Ashkelon and the Red Sea by Israel's own pipeline system.

But transporting Azeri Light between the two pipelines via tankers may be a more cost-effective scenario, Israeli Ambassador to Azerbaijan Arthur Lenk told UPI.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This is breaking news on CNN

Israeli forces are operating in Baalbeck area, northeast Lebanon -- about 50 miles from Lebanese capital, Beirut, and near border with Syria.

Israeli forces would have to mean ground troops, How close to Syria?

What will be Syria's reaction?

If someone could post a map that would be great, but it seems like Israeli forces in North East Lebanon would mean a major incursion?

www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
here is a map

Lonely Planet

If Israeli forces are operating in Baalbeck that would indicate a huge incursion.

Maybe I should make this into a new thread..

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The war is being waged in order to create a block with Turkey, Iraq etc and another block with Syria, Iran and Lebanon etc. The US gov wants that pipeline at all costs and they also want a permanent military presence, along with expansion of Israeli borders. The other issue is about the possiblity of a WW3 (the neo-cons call it WW4) but I doubt it will occur they way the Zionists want it.

The reason I say this now is I have a feeling this notion of WW3 may not happen - or at least not yet. Based on what that Dr. Rice claims, the Israeli defense force (err sorry, the Israeli offensive force) will stop the attack next week. Since she seems a little too optimistic about it, IMO she must have been told that this will occur. She's about as bright as that moron in the White House, so it is possible that she was told about it in advance.

Having said this, I think the end goal is to eventually turn Syria and Iran into dust and let me say that if Syria is attacked than Iran will have to enter into war. If Iran enters into war than its only a matter of time before China and/or Russia get involved. Remember that China just made a 300+ billion dollar deal with Iran for their oil and they will not sit back and simply do nothing. Russia also has interests in Iran so I am curious as to how this will play out over the next few weeks.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
I just fell upon something that would tie into this and it makes a lot of sense.

Villify Iran, cause the UN to set sanctions that would basically cutoff oil to the EU countries and Israel has a ready to go customer base that won't mind paying the slight premium on top of the Skyrocketed prices that will occur from Irans sanctions, that Israel will of course charge by getting it direct from the Mediterranean. Turnkey business with Customers from the get-go and Oil will be at record highs by the time this comes to fruition.

Opinion: Sanctions Would Hurt Europe and Iranians, but not US

Located between the Persian Gulf and the Caspian See, Iran has a geographically strategic position in the Middle East, where much of the world's petroleum and natural gas can be found. Next to Saudi Arabia, the Islamic republic of Iran possesses the second largest oil deposit in the world.

As the fourth largest petroleum producer, four million barrels are turned out every day. Some 2.4 million of these are exported, primarily to Asian countries, which receive 60 percent of Iran's total oil exports. More importantly, petroleum is Iran's principal source of income and crude oil makes up nearly 85 percent of the country's exports.

Consequences for the global economy

Bildunterschrift: Großansicht des Bildes mit der Bildunterschrift: The power intensive auto industry may take a blow if sanctions are enforced
Japan is with 23 percent the largest importer of Iranian oil, followed by China with 12.5 percent. Then come Italy (9.4 percent), France (7.3 percent), India (over 6 percent), South Africa (5.8 percent), South Korea (5.4 percent), Turkey (4.4 percent) and the Netherlands (4 percent).

If petroleum sanctions are enforced, these countries will be affected first. As an alternative, they will try to compensate for the loss of Iranian imports on the world market. But that could make the price of "black gold" explode and a barrel of oil could bring in $100 (78 euros) or more within just a few days.

Source
Pie

Jesus ThePieMaN, you're a prophet. I had forgotten about this thread until just recently and I realized this is just about exactly how this has played out with the Kurds being the catalyst for escalation in the area.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
could that be also why bp is getting bought out by exxon dosent BP own a good deal of either old or current OIL wells/drilling platforms off the coast of Libya( iknow its no where near the area in question perse) to consoldate US holdings in the area(middle east) also does any one know if BP has holdings off the coast of Syria or Lebanon if so that might interrelate but its also very late her and i might be streching so any opinion on this would be great any links to a list of ALL of BP's holdings world wide?(evidently they have some holdings and whatnot in china.....how will the chinese like ameirica takeing over those holdings?)maps.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client =firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl list of some holdings evidently they own some stuff in IRAN...wonder how thats gonan turn out if exxon buys them

and finally relating to the post if this is the case and that pipeline is gonna go throuhg them this could explain alota things going on in the ME right now

[edit on 18-7-2010 by KilrathiLG]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

This is an old thread, but the way things have been going, it seems to be panning out. You raised a damned good question though, I'll start digging into this a little more.
Google Search on "BP's Holdings"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join