It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 127
<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon
I had not caught the soldier being repeatedly stabbed in the arm and he still didn't respond with live fire at this point. (55 seconds in);;;;[yvid

XmIrzd]S6Xyvidz-so[/yvid]

a 'live' backup weapon.

From this video I think many people in their position facing a lynch mob with the intent to kill them, would have killed the lot out of fear and panic.

I welcome outrage/flames in this case as with the footage that is available to us right now I feel justified in my post.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Skellon]

In similar circumstances most men I know would've been trying to stab the pirates in the neck, they were acting as pirates and totally in the wrong people were defending themselves against illegal violent acts.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Thepreye]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
reply to post by Matrix Rising

Israel distributes PART of the aid it receives from other countries after they remove all the dangerous stuff like Chacolates and medicine first.

Yes Arafat is corrupt like a lot of leaders, we all live with that.

Most here, and the boats, were argueing that Israel have NO right to blockade the Gaza seaports as they (Israel) also refuse to accept they are the occupying force.

Israel cant have it both ways...

Agree with you main point but not about Arafat being corrupt, he's been dead so long even if he was buried there wouldn't be much left to corrupt.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

How can you call them murderers?

Seriously, if they indeed fired shots before landing on deck, they were warning shots.

It makes sense, the ship was repeatedly requested to stop and it did not.

The defiance warranted a 'wake up' call as I see it from the IDF point of view.

So therefore they fired warning shots.

You're a murderer if in the course of committing an illegal act you kill somebody even if it's a mistake, hence the pirates are murderers.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Guys stop a sec..All the pro israelis have left...

Did we win??

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Or maybe its just the change of shift..

Next lot will clock on soon..

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Nah it's just a disruption in the Megaphone software. Im sure they get it fixed pretty soon.

[edit on 2/6/2010 by enteri]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
I don't side with ether side but have noticed that some of the so called peaceful protestors on the ship had and were wearing gas mask.

In the US all police departments that respond to and watch over peaceful protest will arrest anyone that shows up wearing a gas mask.
In the US wearing a gas mask to a peaceful protest is the sign of a agitator.

The same goes for the UK and Copenhagen from what i have heard.
www.greenspun.com...
www.facebook.com...
www.starhawk.org...
freakangels.com...
climatechangestuff.com...

Not true in the UK, I own and wear a, IDF actually, gas mask and a police riot helmet and a US swat helmet, I even own an old Met riot shield and body armour, very useful in stopping batons, cs gas or rubber bullets.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

Umm correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Israel recently issue gas masks to ALL its population??

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
So as I said, Israel keeps evidence..
From an Australian news report.

Once the commandos boarded the vessel, one of their first acts was to seize all communication equipment, cameras and memory cards, Ms Arraf said.

Also Tasered Australian reporter...

news.ninemsn.com.au...

Dont hold ya breath for the true film......

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Guys stop a sec..All the pro israelis have left...

Did we win??

Doubtful- if it walks like an chronically-obsessively-angry badger...

The IDF "brains" are probably planning their next premeditated, armed assault on the Irish ship Rachel Corrie

en.wikipedia.org...

It should all occur soon, I'm afraid.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

... under article 3 of the Rome Convention for the Suppression of Unlawful Acts against the Safety of Maritime Navigation of 1988, it is an international crime for any person to seize or exercise control over a ship by force, and also a crime to injure or kill any person in the process.

Thanks to www.informationclearinghouse.info...

This was following the PALESTINIAN hijacking of the cruise ship Achille Lauro in October 1985.

There is nothing new under the sun.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Of course Israel steals evidence, that's what terrorists do. They don't want to be exposed.

Gaza activists receive funding for three more ships in new flotilla, 'Freedom 2' (Haaretz)

OH YEAH BABY! Israel won't be able to stop the world!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I need a break from this thread, I have fought the good fight long enough.

I shall leave with the a chuckle at the fact that somewhere along this session of posting I have gained a foe called 'JewsAreInControl'.

Pretty much sums up the responses I have had all night.

I bid good day to you all, see you later.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Skellon]

I hope you're not hinting at antisemitism on behalf of the posters who have debated you, you seem to be, which doesn't surprise me as the position you defend is very weak and such tactics were bound to come out in the end, in the hope of persuading readers who come to the thread late and can't read the actuality of the debate, your poorest post all thread.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Thepreye]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

Originally posted by DangerDeath
reply to post by rhunter

He was called "Comical Ali" not "Chemical Ali".

Actually he was "Chemical Ali" after his involvement with the mustard gassing of Kurdish goatherders (and other atrocities).

Comical Ali only came after his blustering reports of nothing happening.

He was not just a frontman, he held great power under Saddam, and used it too.

They were in fact two different Ali's, I've confirmed this by consulting my commemorative pack of playing cards.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Thepreye

Umm correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Israel recently issue gas masks to ALL its population??

They're the civilian model, I considered buying one each for my kids and gf, may still do so, I've got the "special forces" combat version I opted for this one as it "fits" both my helmets and takes standard NATO filters and fits my camel pack also I figure Israel uses good kit that is tested regularly in action, see this thread for evidence.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye

Originally posted by DangerDeath
reply to post by rhunter

He was called "Comical Ali" not "Chemical Ali".

Actually he was "Chemical Ali" after his involvement with the mustard gassing of Kurdish goatherders (and other atrocities).

Comical Ali only came after his blustering reports of nothing happening.

He was not just a frontman, he held great power under Saddam, and used it too.

They were in fact two different Ali's, I've confirmed this by consulting my commemorative pack of playing cards.

Oh F'N J* on a stick! *** Translation: see my earlier comments about being confused by years-old US "Worron Terra" war propaganda ***

Thank you, Thepreye for pointing out the "paintball gun" relevance of the above "Ali"s (although I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned "da Ali G" yet), and also for pointing out how ridiculous those sub-Playboy propaganda card decks actually were.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf (also Mohammed Said ... allusion to former Iraqi Defence Minister Ali Hassan al-Majid's alias, Chemical Ali)

Oh my, apologies, you are correct. I have believed this wrong for years, thanks!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
i do hope that people here on ats and around the world realize that the contraband in question and the main reason why the ships where not allowed to go to gaza was not weapons but concrete ,

sacks of concrete

imagen that, 9 people killed because of building materials

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
"Mr. Obama called for a “credible, impartial and transparent investigation of the facts surrounding this tragedy,” the White House said."
www.nytimes.com...

Hypocrisy gold... Just like on 9/11..lol, remember bush blaming bin laden, then calling for "credible, impartial and transparent investigation of the facts"..lmao or every time Iran is accused of whatever blah blah.. When people with oil below their feet are involved, "Stink'n transparent investigation of facts!?!, we're the USA.. we'll inform you of the facts we manufacture!.. don't call us on our BS either, we'll denounce you as a conspiracy nut "

Funny that obama summarily slaughters people with drones, handing out death sentences.. not bothering with "..credible, impartial and transparent investigation of the facts.."..

israel is a boorish thug and the worst neighbor on the ME block.. in Los Angeles horrible people no fun to live near can be served with a "nuisance abatement" eviction.. provided there's enough documentation. I say we let the locals decide, if surrounding neighbors view israel as nothing but a hostile nuisance, a determent to humanity...so be it. The overwhelming vast majority of people on Earth won't have their day affected or care, yet will probably feel a-lot safer.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

... under article 3 of the Rome Convention for the Suppression of Unlawful Acts against the Safety of Maritime Navigation of 1988, it is an international crime for any person to seize or exercise control over a ship by force, and also a crime to injure or kill any person in the process.

Thanks to www.informationclearinghouse.info...

This was following the PALESTINIAN hijacking of the cruise ship Achille Lauro in October 1985.

There is nothing new under the sun.

It should be noted that Rome is very upset over this flagrant violation of the treaty.

It's never good when Rome gets upset!

Regardless of what some like to think the blockade of Gaza by Israel is illegal, as to legally blockade a nation per international law, you must have either declared war on the nation you are blockading, or you must have declared yourself an occupier of the nation you are blockading.

A blockade is an act of war, and illegal without a formal declaration of war or a formal declaration of occupation.

Israel refuses to acknowledge it is occupying Gaza or declare war on it, as part of its diplomatic propaganda effort to purport that Israel wants peace but the Palestinians don't.

A position that would then appear as false as it actually is, if they declared themselves an occupying power in Gaza or declared war on Gaza.

Most people are totally unfamiliar with International Law, the Laws of the Sea (Maritime Law) and the Laws of War (the Geneva Conventions) but it should be noted that leaders of regimes who violated these laws sometimes end up swiging from the gallows for War Crimes and Crimes Against Humanity.

It should be noted also that not all crimes and not all criminals are prosecuted, but that does not mean that they or their actions aren't criminal.

Israels actions were those of piracy, kidnapping, and theft, and had they actually had a legitimate and lawful blockade of Gaza they would be obligated to appear before the International Maritime Court in the Hauge and formally declare that they 'Prized' the ships and have the Court recognize the transfer of ownership and the legality of the actions in siezing them.

There are some very well intentioned ATS Members who are pro-Israel who are wholly ignorant of these mechanisms.

There are some not so well intentioned shills that ply ATS on behalf of pro-Israel organizations who wish to be ignorant of these mechanisms, armed with deflective talking points and statements that are patently false and misrepresent the law.

Israel however has conducted both an unlawful blockade of Gaza which is an act of war and illegal without a declaration of war, and Israel committed acts of piracy, murder, kidnapping, and theft on the High Seas in this incident.

No matter what 'labels' those who wish to twist events choose to put on the Humanitarian Aide workers delivering charity to Gaza, that is what they are Humanitaraian Aide workers, and trying to call them peace activists, or political activists, is all about the Israeli politics of war and deception.

For anyone who doesn't quite get that, the U.S. Soldiers on a mission to Somalia in the 90's to deliver humanitarian aide, were there to also feed the hungry and disperse medicine, but when attacked humanitarian aide workers can and will in fact attack back.

Attempting to stop and board a foreign flagged vessel in International Waters in the dead of night, to attempt to enforce an illegal blockade is an attack.

It is also an act of piracy. It is also against the law.

The law is the law.

top topics

<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join