It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disabled person needing advice here.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
Disabled people should not have a right to live a normal life ?

So it's all about you. How selfish. What about the kids?

If I had tried to stop, there was a risk my car would have hit the back of the car that broke suddenly. With a pregnant woman in the car, I was driving as carefull as I could.

Wouldn't of been as bad as what happened.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I'm sorry I don't know either, but I wanted to say I'm sorry that you have to be going through all this. Especially with a disability and young children to look after, I hope it can work out so you can get the result you're after.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

Are you real ?

This little girl has given me so much happiness.
I can hold her, I can walk her in her buggy for a bit, I can take her for a drive, I can take to feed the ducks, i can feed her, I can cuddle her till she falls asleep at night.

When me and my partner decided to get together, I was not disabled.
The disability happened after a sports injury, and a bad one.

What right have I got to not give a woman a child ?

Your post is wrong on many many many levels
This little girl has given me so much, and when I wake up, when I am with her, the pain I feel goes away. She has not taken the pain away as in "no pain" but I go through it better with her being there.

Your comments are a dig at disabled people..

[edit on 30/5/2010 by shauny]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Hi Shauny.

I feel your frustration with the police and judicial system, but at this point I'd just be grateful that it wasn't worse. Your wife, unborn baby and 15 y/o son were not hurt or attacked in the incident.

Try to be as calm and reasonable as possible, both with your lawyer, and when in court. Lawyers don't really like to deal with emotions, just facts and legalities. Have you put these questions to your lawyer?

It may turn out that the case is dismissed once the PF looks at the recent circumstantial evidence. Hope it all goes as well as possible for you and your family.

Have you enquired about any relevant agency who may be able to support you and your wife throughout the case and court appearance? Disability Scotland, a mental health charity? You could give SACRO a call and see if someone there can think of anything.

Let us know how you get on and think calm and positive thoughts.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by maya27

It may turn out that the case is dismissed once the PF looks at the recent circumstantial evidence. Hope it all goes as well as possible for you and your family.

That is what I was wondering. Can this, does this happen?

Thank you SOOO much.
I will act upon this in the morning

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Wow. I am wheelchair bound. I put up with crap everyday, but just get on with things. I am also a single parent, of TWO kids. There is no other parent around for them. I am all they have. My 2 kids give me a wealth of happiness, and I'm proud to see how well adjusted and happy they are. Sure, I cant get on the beach or kick a footy with them, but they seem to have turned out alright. I do find your view-point, while valid, to be rather offensive to me. Your welcome to those thoughts of course, but just so you know a disability does not exclude you from the human race.

On topic, I'm sorry to take this view, but if I had a pregnant wife in the car, I would have been allowing plenty of distance because of the morons on the road which unfortunately got in the way. Rage can be an unpredictable force and make you do silly things.
I do hope the judge takes it easy on you though, best of luck.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
On topic, I'm sorry to take this view, but if I had a pregnant wife in the car, I would have been allowing plenty of distance because of the morons on the road which unfortunately got in the way. Rage can be an unpredictable force and make you do silly things.
I do hope the judge takes it easy on you though, best of luck.

I have not been charged with a road traffic offence.
And it has never ONCE been mentioned on my charge sheet nor by my lawyer.
I dont think this is an issue in the case. I mentioned it just to get to the story.

And I agree with your post about being disabled.
It does not make us non human.

[edit on 31/5/2010 by shauny]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Hmm, ok. So if they're taking action over your actions AFTER the crash, then it seems an even worse situation. Without adding the car (hence your partner etc.) into the full story, they are unfairly targeting you. I understand how easy it is to lose it, we all do it on occasion, but I think you might get fined over this, or just a warning. But dont worry too much, hopefully you get a chance to fill in the judge on events prior to the door kicking to gain some sympathy.

Best of luck with your family though and don't worry you wont be put away.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Yeah I know.
My daughter has just turned 1.
My wife is due another baby in 6 weeks.
My house is just about to be adapted for my disability.

Its just hanging over me like a dark rainy cloud.
Its been 15 months since this happened.
I couldnt go in November '09 as my Dr felt I wasnt able to attend, so they put it forward to June '10.

With all this pain, and medication, and stress of just moving to this new house for my disability, its just taken its toll on me and my partner.

I just want it done.
Thanks for the reasuring words.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

and I put the foot down, to overtake the idiot I about crashed into.

Why did you have to do this? What were you planning once you had overtaken him?

To me it seems like this was the start of your problem.

If the car infront of you stops, you should stop too. If you hit them when trying to stop, it is their fault.

Well, this is wrong. If you rear-end someone it is your fault, not the car in front of you. At least in Canada, it is. I can't believe it would be different anywhere else.

Also, I'm not following exactly what happened. Did someone rear-end you while you were going after the driver in front of you that nearly hit you?

[edit on 31-5-2010 by TheComte]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Ok. Read the whole thread. You do have a lawyer who says you won't get jail time. You're fine. You're worrying too much. I'm a hot head as well. I may have reacted the same way and been in the same situation. I'd be angry at the police as well but...It is time to move on. You have to take responsibility for your actions. You keep stating that you're disabled and though I feel for you, there are many on these boards that would trade spots with you in a minute and be very happy that they could drive, have a wonderful family and wife as you do and manage a football team. You have it good man, you're living the dream.

If it makes you feel any better (Although I don't advocate violence and strive to take the high road in matters like this)--you fended off two younger guys and YOU were the one charged with assault. You win my Chuck Norris/Take no crap from anyone award today. You're looking at the glass half empty my friend. You're better than that.

Cheers!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

I had to move into the BUS LANE very fast, to avoid hitting the idiot infront who braked without indicating.
Once in the bus lane the car that I tried to speed up to avoid hitting me, hit me.
Just a run off the mill road accident.
This wont be mentioned in court, it is not on any documents I have had.

Actually just remembered the lane I pulled into, was a BUS LANE..
why were these lads in the bus lane..
hmmmm

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Well, the guy who hit you in the back is at fault. But how can someone brake without indicating? His brake lights were out? Or, in England you have to give some hand signal out the window to indicate you are going to brake?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Shauny,

The best advice I can give to you is to take a deep breath, and realize the most important thing in all this is that you, and your family is okay.

Whether you did anything wrong or not will be hashed out by a jury I presume. If you did, then face the consequences and move on. If you are convicted of simple assault you will not see any jail time, especially if this is your first offense. At worst you will probably get probation and community service.

I am also disabled and totally understand how hard this must be for you. Its so hard to think rationally sometimes. Just remember that this will pass, and that in the grand scheme of things, everything will be okay.

Good luck my friend.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by pjv31]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I am very sorry for your pain.

Physical existence can be a pain (pun intended) but it's important to remember that we exist for a higher purpose and nothing imposed on us temporally here can restrain the spirit.

Sounds fanciful, I know. I just want you to understand that for the time being we must exist under laws and rules created by man.

As far as your legal case I'm not sure how different the law is there but I believe it's similar to how things work in the US.

I would offer the following advice:

- Remember always to be a good example for your children. Show them that even though an action may ultimately be morally right it is important to give due regard to (albeit imperfect) law.

- Accept fully before going to court that there will be some form of punishment. I would expect it to be light given that it's a first offense.

- It is ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL that you appear calm, rational and clear-headed in front of the judge. Speak only to the immediate facts of the case. If questioned it is ultimately better to give basic, minimal and truthful answers despite the burning urge to explain your misfortune.

It is a sad fact of life that although our countries claim to have fair and prudent systems of justice the law is almost never applied fairly. Challenging the police or the establishment (even if you are completely right) will make them defensive and the result will be much worse than it would be if you are just calm and accepting.

I'm not suggesting that you should always just sit back and let things happen, but in this case no matter who is right or wrong it is to your advantage (and to your family's) to just respectfully disagree but accept the consequences no matter how unfair they seem.

Remember always that the justice of man is imperfect, but we must live with it in order to ultimately be better fathers, husbands and brothers.

This darkness will pass, brother. I am sorry things are so difficult right now but they will get better. Turn your energy from worry to love and take care of your family.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Shauny here is my commonsense take on your situation. The car door kicking was done because you felt threatened and intimidated. What kind of a person kicks off a ruck with pregnant wife and kid in the car with them? Now if you were driving with two lads returning from a rugby or football match it would look a whole lot different.

It could also be argued that you had what I assumed are visible disabilities. Is a disabled person likely to start a fight with an able-bodies individual?
Overall the balance of probabilities looks good for you.

HOWEVER

The law does take some odd viewpoints so who knows how it may turn out. At one time I was in courts a lot to observe the old SUS law. What amazed me we the pomp of the defence lawyers seemed to disappear as soon as they got into the actual court. They seemed incapable of arguing the case and seemed in awe of the Judge or magistrate as well as the the prosecuting lawyer. A good lawyer knows how to open their mouth and speak up in the courtroom.

I here about situations like yours and feel that "There by the grace of god go I".

I am sorry about the situation and am rooting for you. Please when the ordeal is over do update this thread with the (hopefully good) news.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
There is no excuse for suddenly veering out into the next lane to pass a car that brakes in front of you.

Legally, a driver always has the responsibility of leaving enough space between himself and the vehicle in front to be able to stop without crashing into it if the car in front brakes suddenly.

So Shauny, you were already breaking the law when the incident you report began. You claim to love your family, yet you were driving unsafely with them in the car.

Your bad driving led to a car in the next lane colliding with yours when you shot out in front of it. And instead of apologising when they were pissed off about you breaking the road rules and causing an accident, you kicked their car door in, injuring one of them ... a kid who was still in his car at the time.

On top of all this, just to show what a "decent, honest" person you are, you blame a poster for saying words which were your own words, which she was only quoting....

Are you real ?
This little girl has given me so much happiness.
. . .
Your comments are a dig at disabled people..

I'm disgusted.
I'm disabled myself, but would never consider that an excuse to lose my temper, drive badly or lie by misquoting.

The fact is, you are guilty of unsafe driving, tailgating, changing lanes when it was not safe to do so, causing an accident, most likely failing to give the people you crashed into your details, (which must legally be exchanged after an accident,) and assault.

- You'd better pray I'm not judge or prosecutor.

Rereading I see you were not even going to stop at the scene of the accident, so you were trying to break yet another law, and only stopped because your car stalled.

Any decent defence council will tell you to apologise and show remorse, in the hope of lessening your sentence.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

If you're on meds, Google them and find alternatives without side effects. You can get better faster without them. Pharma isn't really a solution... rather a long-term band-aid with certain side effects / future complications.

Go to a naturopathic doctor or herbalist and/or research on your own. Most drugs are derived (isolated, stripped of complimentary enzymes) from natural herbs. For example, white willow bark contains the active ingredient in aspirin. Cayenne / hot peppers supercharge your circulation, prevent and even instantly reverse heart attacks and strokes. BF&C combination for bone & tissue. There are tons of books and web sites on all this stuff, complete with peer-reviewed scientific studies...

I love Oil of Oregano as an antiviral (beat a cold in an hour with a drop every 10-15 mins) and I swear by (gentle) saline or h2o2 sinus rinses for sicknesses that try to persist in there.

Cleanse organs, detoxify heavy metals, eat vitamins and minerals, alkalize, avoid pollutants... Toxins curezone.com... Foods curezone.com... curezone.com... Detox! curezone.com... Search curezone.com... earthclinic.com... naturalnews.com... google.com...

In conclusion, mainstream docs don't know jack! They just aren't trained properly.

Best of luck to you I hope you take something from this.
(Pass it off to your wife, at least
)

As for the court case... it's up to you what you decide to say. I think basically they can't do anything to you unless you admit to it. Without proof they don't have a case. So if you choose not to admit anything... nothing will happen to you.
If you admitted stuff at the police station like "I kicked the door and it hit his finger" then you might be screwed. With the cops it's best to keep your mouth shut.

Unfortunately, them being aggressive and saying they were "going to hit you" doesn't mean they did hit you... and I don't think it's self defence until then...

Don't worry, even if you lie and say you didn't kick the door and say the guy was lying that you hurt his finger, you're not crossing "God" since God in a court actually means the pope in Rome, legally.

You could also refuse to represent your binding corporate entity JOHN DOE and stand as a natural person... John Doe or even with no name. Learn the law

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

A Lawyer (Barrister or Solicitor) can only "represent" the artificial-person in any legal proceedings. If you use a Lawyer, you remain within the artificial-person domain and therefore are subject to the full force of all the statute laws.

Yikes. May I recommend a section of Ben Stewart's Esoteric Agenda which explains how knowledge of your "god-given" rights may be applied. here. I recommend watching through past the beginning of part 10.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Reality is Perspective Shauny.

You can sit there and fret about these charges, ....

Or you can wake up every morning thankful that your wife, and your daughter survived what could have been a horrible accident.

Not affraid of what might be, but happy for what already is, and always will be.

I will leave it to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join