It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disabled person needing advice here.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
You need to find the people who did this to you, and brutally murder them.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
your in the united kingdom - dont know what to tell you - seems you
understand the system enough to use it to your benefit ... do it some more.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies.
Means a lot.

And there are no juries for common assault here in Scotland.
And the accident itself is not part of this case. not 1 bit.
There are no charges to face on that.

I have contacted my Lawyer today, and told her the lads that hit my car, did so in the bus lane. they shouldnt have been driving in the bus lane.

Thanks again

S

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
And on top of it all, DWI.

Pain meds/narcotics and driving don't mix.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
You will not get jail time so anything else you may incur by way of penalty is certainly not worth even a fraction of the energy you are expending on worrying about this. If I were you I would just sit back and wait to see what happens and for what it is worth these things happen all the time to so many people that it is not worth worrying about.
If anything the fact that you had been struck on the head would be of much more outrage than the dispassionate way the police handled the case.

What exactly are you afraid of? You are not going to jail and at the worst you may have your licence suspended for a time with a small fine so with a smile let me put this into perspective for you.

No one is going to kill you, no one is going to beat you to a pulp and you most certainly are not going to be spending any time in the gaol. Relax and be glad that the incident that has caused you so much mental strife ended only with you fearing jail rather then you preparing to bury a loved one.

Give up your fear in such a context and you are free, please believe me because it is true.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

I hardly drive, When I do its automatic car, due to lack of knee in left side.
And NEVER drive with pills in me. I am not stupid.

Originally posted by SmokeJaguar67
You will not get jail time so anything else you may incur by way of penalty is certainly not worth even a fraction of the energy you are expending on worrying about this. If I were you I would just sit back and wait to see what happens and for what it is worth these things happen all the time to so many people that it is not worth worrying about.
If anything the fact that you had been struck on the head would be of much more outrage than the dispassionate way the police handled the case.

What exactly are you afraid of? You are not going to jail and at the worst you may have your licence suspended for a time with a small fine so with a smile let me put this into perspective for you.

No one is going to kill you, no one is going to beat you to a pulp and you most certainly are not going to be spending any time in the gaol. Relax and be glad that the incident that has caused you so much mental strife ended only with you fearing jail rather then you preparing to bury a loved one.

Give up your fear in such a context and you are free, please believe me because it is true.

When you put it like that

Thanks bud

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

That is much more like it

The institutions of law and order, crime and punishment, those that govern us want the average Joe to be in awe of them and when the lustre and the fear wears off they lose much more than their shine. Never willingly give these law keepers their power by giving in to your fear because firstly they do not care about you beyond dealing with you as a number and secondly if you get ill from worrying so much then the only people that suffer is you and the people that love you.

Take care brother; it really is not that bad from where I have been sitting here reading

*edit*

Edit to add I have once been cross examined by a very corrupt individual, a solicitor who was representing a deranged paedophile because we had become terrible enemies over many months and it got out of hand. This came to a head about ten years ago and I now found myself in the dock. Anyway I found the game to be more fun than I had thought it would be because by the time I was asked to step down I had severely annoyed them both and I even had the judge chuckling a couple of times so my advice is be respectful of course but leave the fear at the door.

At the end of the day they are all only human and after they are done you will find that you never have to see them again and so it is all good experience.

Ok I went a bit over the top, solicitors are humanlike but I forgot that they like to warm themselves up in the morning sun and catch flies with a long sticky tongue

[edit on 31-5-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
You need to find the people who did this to you, and brutally murder them.

...well that would help.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Hi shauny, the odds of any severe punishment are extremely low.

My wife's brother in Edinburgh does something much worse than this virtually every week and still escapes punishment. She and her family have actually tried to get him imprisoned without success.

From what you have said it looks like it is you at fault but nobody is perfect. Men tend to be very overprotective of pregnant wives.

PS don't the bus lanes have cameras up there?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LightFantastic

There are cameras, but police report says none
But I have pictures of where the accident happened that led to the handbags, and it CLEARLY says "bus lane".

The only time people use it, is when a person is turning into the sports centre there. then back into the outside lane.

also.
In the charge sheet, it says i got out of my car (my registration number) and kicked car door (the other car, with MY REGISTRATION number !!!)

brilliant police work eh..

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Well first of all I have to say I am allso disabled and have been on opiads for a long time, I now take different medications , so I know the stress and feelings that are associated with long term medication use, That are detramental to our phyisical & mental health, Second if you kiked the door of someone who was getting out of his car you are at falt! Period! even if he was yelling threats at you, some people talk big and do nothing, but you did not wait to find out the best thing you could have done was get into your car lock the doors and call or wait for the police to get there, if the other people would have started to try to get into or break your car then leave, but by the sound of it your not in a great place, the only thing I can say is that if you are on workers comp, SSD you cannot be sued for these moneys, I hop you take a good look at your addiction issues and find the right help, you way not even know what you are feeling untill you are clean of the narcotics and tranqs, if you would like to me I would be glad to try to help you as I am 23yrs sober I'm sure you could contact me here. Good luck!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
If the trial goes well I hope a private law firm would even be willing to have you sue either the police, or the Crown Prosecution service, or both.

Main thing is to be obedient in court, but to explain (when given good opportunity) why you think it is a failure of the Justice system that you're even being prosecuted.
You can rarely claim to know why a failure of justice has occurred, but you can claim to believe a few reasons why it might have happened. If there are people involved, then be prepared to cite their names on request. Scrap of paper, done using "a brain storm" is often invaluable.

Basically if your telling the truth, you obviously have the ability to act like your telling the truth. In the end you'll tell better than any liar could, since you can recite the facts as they happened.

No matter what happens (even if the evidence was being faked)-wrongly presented, stick to the truth because lies are like a disease. Any type of lie can lead to another type of lie, and that's because you're no longer in control of when you have to tell a lie, to defend a lie. The worst thing about lies is you're own memory-mind can always let you down, and when it does, you obviously weren't in control of that occasion either. They are tempting because an effective prosecuter makes an angels actions, sound like those of a demon. This can make it tempting for an angel to fall into the "trap" of deception.

It's better to let people imply-say untruthful things about you, than to disrospect the court by being unruly by e.g. interrupting. However you can usually let your face do as much talking as it likes, espicaially when things cause emotions.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

I really do feel harshly done here.
I admit I kicked the car door, but I felt threatened by 2 younger, fitter lads.

My main gripe here is that when charged, the police did not want to see my injuries, even though they were like, RIGHT THERE, they had no plans to talk to my wife and son.

They just took the 2 statements from the 2 lads in the car, and 1 from a person in the car behind. This was 5pm on a Friday night, there was about 10 bus's, there was 2 bus stoppes, both with about 20 people at them, and they could only find 1 witness who said i dont the lot.
I am looking forward to my lawyer showing him pictures of my back, covered in side bumper marks with 2 wounds bleading.
I dont think he can be a reliable witness, if he missed seeing that, what else could he have imagined/made up or fabricated.

In the UK you cant leave the scene of a car accident. I did.
And I was not charged with this. because I went directly to the police station.

again, lazy police work
I am no perfect person in this whole story, but I am being painted out to be by lazy police work.
I think the police are great, if I needed help in a matter they would be my 1st call. But in this matter, it was sloppy from start to end.

I mean they have my car registration down as being on BOTH cars.
How can my lawyer even find out if they still have that car, or if it was insured or had an MOT.

The mind boggles.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

you are asking for input on your life. This is the only reason why i mention this....

You will likely fare ok at trial, but should make sure you file a suit for damages against the kid who beat on you and your head. But you did assault the kid that wasn't even out of his car yet. You are at fault for that.

But what are you doing having more kids? Your wife was pregnant, i get that. And you were already on disability. Why are you having kids? Will you be able to provide for them properly while taking free money? Should you add to the public burden by making more children? Think about it. Stop making kids until you are reasonably certain that you, not disability benefits, can provide for them. I will also add that if you are feeling stress, having more babies will not made that any better for you. I am seeing some major breakdowns in logic, and wonder if the testimony of the young men involved will bring details omitted to light.

Good luck with your trial.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by shauny

you are asking for input on your life. This is the only reason why i mention this....

You will likely fare ok at trial, but should make sure you file a suit for damages against the kid who beat on you and your head. But you did assault the kid that wasn't even out of his car yet. You are at fault for that.

But what are you doing having more kids? Your wife was pregnant, i get that. And you were already on disability. Why are you having kids? Will you be able to provide for them properly while taking free money? Should you add to the public burden by making more children? Think about it. Stop making kids until you are reasonably certain that you, not disability benefits, can provide for them. I will also add that if you are feeling stress, having more babies will not made that any better for you. I am seeing some major breakdowns in logic, and wonder if the testimony of the young men involved will bring details omitted to light.

Good luck with your trial.

My wife is a full time child carer.
When she goes to work, she takes my daughter with her.
I think as a disabled person, I still have a right to have kids. and experience the utter joy they bring.
I am a disabled person, but I am a WORKING disabled person.
I am a pc TECH. I sit and fix pc's.
So we both work.

I never at any stage said I was on state/government handouts

And thanks, I will let you all know next week how it went.
I spoke to my Lawyer again today, she thinks it could be thrown out.
She has handed the PF/Crown all my stuff, statements, qualiifications, pictures etc. The pc/crown never had this till today (Monday)
So now they have all that, I am fairly sure the charge will change or be dropped. Here in the UK, if you feel you are about to be attacked you can, with reasonable force try to stop it. I kicked a closed car door. The lad hurt his finger as when he was about to open it, the kick closed it, and he hurt his finger on the door handle on the inside.

I would like to thank you all for your comments here.
I know I will not get jail time, I have never been involved in anything like this before. This is a 1st for me. Under UK law, its very unlikely I would get a custodial sentance for common assault.
I was more hurt and required more medical attention (disability aside) than both these chaps.

I am just not enjoying the experience of having to drag my young family through a trial we ALL know is unfair and unjust.

[edit on 31/5/2010 by shauny]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Then my apologies. I misunderstood.

It isn't what i want to discuss with you, however. I just wanted to mention it. You should have children and experience those joys. A newborn and a 15 year old are children.

Of course, i just graduated my oldest, and still have a 12 year old. And I have experienced all the joy i care to have, LOL....i am waiting for 6 more years, then i am free again!!!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by shauny

Then my apologies. I misunderstood.

Oh my, no need for apologies
Thanks for taking the time to post.

S

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Hi Shauny

Don'y forget to let us all know when your court date is and the outcome.

As I said before, don't worry about it.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Well here's hoping that it is dismissed by the PF. The sooner the better.

Then you can get on with focusing on your health, family and the new arrival.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightFantastic
reply to post by shauny

Hi Shauny
Don'y forget to let us all know when your court date is and the outcome.
As I said before, don't worry about it.

Originally posted by maya27
reply to post by shauny

Well here's hoping that it is dismissed by the PF. The sooner the better.

Then you can get on with focusing on your health, family and the new arrival.

Thanks peeps.
I am just overthinking things here.
Baby daughter just turned 1, baby on the way, etc, etc...

I just wish the police had done thier job that day

[edit on 1/6/2010 by shauny]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join