It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American cage fighter rips out still beating heart.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

American cage fighter rips out still beating heart.

www.dailymail.co.uk

A U.S. cage fighter ripped out the heart of his training partner while he was still alive after becoming convinced he was possessed by the devil, it was alleged today.

Jarrod Wyatt also cut out Taylor Powell's tongue and ripped off most of his face in a brutal assault that police said looked like a scene from a horror film, officers said.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... pShYzX7i
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This is absolutely horrific. They're claiming a bad mushroom trip, but I don't know if someone could go that nuts on 'shrooms'! I think there has to be some underlying mental issues there also. We'll probably find out the guy liked to torture small animals when he was a kid, like Jeffrey Daumer or something.

I think the guy needs to go into at least a mental hospital for life, maybe even solitary confinement. What do you think?

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

Seems like he was possessed (the murdered).

I don't know man. I can't see someone doing something like that with his hands. Unless I missed something.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I bet they had a heart to heart, but couldn't face what they found and were torn apart by it all. Let's face the facts, people, drugs are at the heart of this problem.

Having to face something like that...it just rips your heart out.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by CanadianDream420]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Ummm Mushrooms, for real?

Has there been a lot of psycho active drug related incidents lately?

I have taken a lot of mushrooms and never had this happen, or anything even close.

This is embarrassing to our sport. Although it really has nothing to do with that what so ever.

The guy is definitely nuts.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Yeah, there's a chance it could have been from the shrooms.

I've done them, and yes, you get bad trips. (I don't recommend it)
And depending on where you are, and what your doing when it happens, effects how you will react to the bad trip.

If your in your home, comfortable and calm, you'll have a blast.

But if your in a place grimy, or dark and cold, or too hot, you could have a bad one, and yes, you could freak out.

You see things, things turn into things, things come from things, it's hard to explain if you haven't done it.

Maybe his friend "turned" into something that made him loose it.

Who knows, it's still horrible, beyond words.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

I agree, most fighters i have interacted with are fairly reasonable, they do typically however come from harder lifestyles which does tend to lead them towards the sport. The sport of and in itself has nothing to do with it. I mean if he used a rearnaked choke to ripe the guys head off, mybe. But he ripped the guys heart out!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Soon as I saw this earlier I pictured the guy from the temple of doom going "Kali Mar"

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Um, what's a cage fighter? I've heart of Mixed Martial Artist, but not a cage fighter.

Oh silly UK media, how idiotic you are.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'm not sure that the fact he was a cage fighter necessarily has anything to do with the crime. Other than the fact that it was his training partner that he did it to. Should they try to describe it as two people doing drugs instead and leave out the associative factors?

Maybe he did use some 'moves' from the ring, I don't think anyone will know that.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol

I assure you there is no tecnique to do that even if you are a cage fighter

The coroner said Powell had been alive when the organ was ripped out after his chest had been sliced open with a knife.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The story says he used a knife.

Maybe it was a box cutter, eh.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Seems like he was possessed (the murdered).

I don't know man. I can't see someone doing something like that with his hands. Unless I missed something.

Edit: He used a knife. Deleted pointless speculation on how it happened

Second line.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Miraj]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Awww I was hoping there'd be a video of the incident.

Hey kids, don't touch drugs, or this'll happen to ya'.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by john124]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I thought they were training and he freaked out and then ripped the heart out.

Chemicals have different affects with each individual, some people can handle it and others just cant.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

A lawyer representing Wyatt has claimed the wild mushrooms caused him to act in such a violent way and had not control over his actions. ‘My client was trying to silence the devil,’ said James Fallman. ‘I think he was having a psychotic fit based on the mushrooms he had.’ Wyatt has been charged with first degree murder and torture. Prosecutors added the torture charge as Powell was still alive when his heart was removed. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... pSqRF75g

He thinks he was having a psychotic fit from the mushrooms? Of course he was, unless the guy is a total psycho sober.

I wonder if he will be sent to prison or to a psych ward?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
He decided to take the mushroom tea, totally his responsibility. You cannot claim being out of control when the decision which caused you to be out of control was totally within your control. Obviously this guy has some other problems to do this and not question his actions, even under the drugs.

Messed up.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by slane69

I agree. Just like drinking and driving I suppose. Except this was so active, the guy tore in like it was something he knew how to do.

I mean, stabbing the guy or choking him out or something and causing his death would maybe seem like a spur of the moment thing. But what was going through his mind as he's tearing this guy apart? I think lock him up permanently just to be safe, or execution.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
From personal experience, there is no G-D way shrooms is the underlying cause of this. Shrooms as a device of activation, maybe. Shrooms tend to enhance whatever is already inside of your head. This dude definitely had/has some real underlying mental problems....probably why he was into cage fighting (no disrespect to MMA, a part-time practitioner myself).

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I blame Mortal Combat!

Scorpion wins

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

"Murder suspect is charged with mayhem, torture
"

Written by Nick Grube, The Triplicate --->March 24, 2010 11:38 am

Jarrod Wyatt, 26, may be held at Pelican Bay

WYATTThe man accused of killing 21-year-old Crescent City resident Taylor Powell in Klamath on Sunday was arraigned in Del Norte Superior Court on Tuesday.

During the proceeding, Jarrod Wyatt, 26, kept his eyes trained on the ground as Judge William Follett recited the list of charges the local mixed martial arts fighter will face in connection with Powell’s death.

In addition to murder, Wyatt is charged with felony aggravated mayhem and torture, as well as special allegations related to each count for the use of a deadly weapon that was described in court as a “sharp bladed instrument.” ...

??? 24 March ---- this is June 1st !!! about 10 weeks after the event !!

i had to check sources because it seemed an outrageous hype story at first... you know for promotion...

i was wrong, it is a real, and gruesome tragedy

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join