It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American cage fighter rips out still beating heart.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I would say Satanic Super Soldier...
2nd line

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Good to hear from those who have experience with this to give a little perspective. Is use of mushrooms wide spread in the fighting community or is this just a fringe thing?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
another misinformation thread

amazing

what being cage fighter has to do with ripping someone's heart out ...

I assure you there is no tecnique to do that even if you are a cage fighter

so, as I said above, another misinformation in the media and you didnt even cared to correct it ...

Agreed. They just added the sensationalism of being a "cage fighter" to sell the article. Why not, "Honda driver kills buddy?" Disgusting.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

They needed to do an autopsy to figure this out?

According to an autopsy Powell, 21, bled to death after his heart was ripped out.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... pSyWTui8

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I think he used a knife to get things started.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

if you read the article it said he cut the guys chest open with a knife.... so let me ask you if that is possible?

did you even read the article?

yes... i think the thread is somewhat pointless... but very interesting

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Um, the fighter has to have some serious issues already.

Shrooms have been taken for thousands of years and this in no way is representative of what can happen.

I'd lay a good bit of money on the fact that the guy was either doing OTHER drugs within a relatively close period to the shrooms or has had his head knocked a few too many times for him to be able to process the drug or his own thoughts.

Look, you get into a cage, bang your head and other guys heads around and you're asking for mental issues. Take some shrooms and voila' there they are!

ban cage fighting, problem solved.

b

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Bspiracy]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I like I said before chemicals do different things to different people, if you've never experienced a certain chemical in your system before it can really mess with your judgement. A few other posters mentioned that this chemical enhances feelings and emotions which are already in your head. This guy might of had some beef with his friend over something and the drug enhanced those feelings which caused him to snap and go off the deep end.

For people who don't know much info about these kinds of mushrooms there is a ongoing study about the positive side to them. You can read up about them here.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
PCP: bad news.
Second line.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bspiracy

The "shrooms made me do it" defense has very little chance of getting him off the hook. He voluntarily took them. If that line of reasoning worked you could also cut your own brake lines and rev your car into a crowd of people and say, "I had no brakes, it wasnt my fault."

His willful, considered, sane actions led to the circumstances in which he "lost his mind" and killed his friend. He is going down. His lawyer just has to do something to prove he is actually trying to defend the indefensible.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

How am I not surprised that this is related to hallucinogenic drugs.

Some people should learn to say no.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bspiracy

You are very ignorant to the sport. Cage fighting is typically safer then boxing. This is because there is more then 2 ways to win.

Submission

Tapout

Decision

Knockout

Tko

I think you should do your research before you comment on an issue like this.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Good reporting!

According to an autopsy Powell, 21, bled to death after his heart was ripped out.

I would've thought simply having his heart ripped out would've killed him, but he actually bled to death instead.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming

How am I not surprised that this is related to hallucinogenic drugs.

Some people should learn to say no.

It happens,

People abuse things that were once used for spiritual enlightenment, under close supervision, and has now become recreational.

Just Like alcohol, there is a reason they called it spirits.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
I blame Mortal Combat!

Scorpion wins

BRUTALITY!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
Good to hear from those who have experience with this to give a little perspective. Is use of mushrooms wide spread in the fighting community or is this just a fringe thing?

no.
drug use is frowned upon and not tolerated at all in the sport.
A few fighters have tested positive for performance enhancing products but that has resulted in more stringent tests than most other sports require, and isnt tolersted in the US.
a few also have admitted to some pot use, but in general psychedelics aren't used by athletes in any sport.

* waits for bill "spaceman"lee reference

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Sounds like that rapper Big Lurch who ate his roommate's lung after smoking PCP.

www.theage.com.au...

I can't see mushrooms making someone do this but maybe it was PCP. Pretty much the exact same MO.

Then:

Antron Singleton, a rapper who goes by the stage name Big Lurch, faces murder and torture charges after police found him staggering naked and covered in blood on a south-east Los Angeles street on April 10, 2002.

Now:

They claim they found the 26-year-old standing naked over his friend's body with parts, including an eyeball, strewn around the blood splattered room in Klamath, California.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by TheComte]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Sounds like the definitive bad trip....

But seriously, the bloke who did the killing probably had a bad reaction....kids have bad reactions to meds too....not exactly like that, but pretty bad.

That muslim in tx with shrink problems probably had meds issues as well....add that to his already diminished capacity and bam, instant tragedy.

and lastly, don't folks have to be a bit off, to be a cage fighters for starters anyways? I wouldn't call that normal...of course being a medical examiner is normal, for some but I couldn't do either.

Not sure how this is gonna go for the guy so far...too early to tell

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
This is the bit that gets me:

According to an autopsy, Powell, 21, bled to death after his heart was ripped out.

Who was the dimwit coroner who made this determination?

Like, oh man, if we could've just stopped the bleeding, this guy may have survived!

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 5/31/2010 by Doc Velocity]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join