It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American cage fighter rips out still beating heart.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
*** REMINDER ***

NO Personal Use References allowed at ATS.

Thanks

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by Bspiracy

You are very ignorant to the sport.

Um, my brother helps train some amateur fighters and I get to go and be a part of events.. I go because my bro enjoys it and sometimes there's some hot ladies around. You grab time with your family when and how you can.

I have watched a ton of fights and it's the most retarded, barbaric, idiotic useless thing for a male human to do to another male human.

I see knee kicks to the head all the time, side handed hits, drops on the head elbows to the head etc, you name it.

I am NOT ignorant to the sport.

Take a look at the pic of the guy who did it. He looks like his head's been kicked in several times..

People don't WANT to tap out. They want to win and sometimes let themselves be knocked out in an effort not to lose. On top of that, the urge to win is so great that the last few seconds of physical violence done to another fighter while he's unconscious yet still being pummeled in the head until the ref can make the "winner" stop is enough to make most people retarded several times over.
The only reason I can see these fighters aren't is because they have had so many concussions that the scar tissue around their brain barely saves them from dropping below the retard line.

No, not all fighters are slow or have been knocked into retardation, but a portion have. the last thing they should do is take a drug like shrooms.

b

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Oh no.. I am totally with you on the fact this boy should be prosecuted to the full extent.

If I were on a jury at his trial, I would be pushing for the death penalty. period.

b

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
"safe fighting"

the above link is simply a google search for "cage fighting" in the image area.
The very first row of pics show:
1 - A guy being kicked in the head
2 - a guy on the ground with another on top with a full forced hammer blow to the open face
then on the next line and so on..
3 - pinned faces into a wire fence
4 - a knee to the head..

"safer than boxing" my arse.

b

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Bspiracy]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
MMA or "cage fighting" is no worse than football, boxing or any other full contact sport.

MMA fighters tend to have less head trauma than boxers for the simple fact that the moderately padded gloves allow for quick one punch ko's, and the fact that repeated, un-blocked punches result in a referee stoppage.

Boxers take THOUSANDS of shots to the head. The heavy padding in the gloves make on punch KO's much harder to achieve, thus more trauma is inflicted, resulting in hundreds of "punch drunk" boxers that stumble around into old age half-stupid.

I'm not saying that MMA is the most enlightened sport known to man, but it is a great way to learn dedication, sacrifice and to see how hard work pays off. A man has to have an outlet for his aggressions if he is to remain polite and well-balanced. That is my opinion at least, and knowing, training and sparring with a great number of fighters, I can say that they have been some of the most level-headed and easy going individuals I have met outside of the gym.

I will not comment any further on my use of shrooms as the mods have made the T&C clear on the subject, just know that a "bad trip" won't make a sane man rip another man's heart out. Shrooms enhance the inner thoughts and feelings of an individual. If on is paranoid or depressed normally, a shroom trip is more than likely to increase those feelings. If one is in the right mind set, looking for introspection and OBE's, well, they will generally get what they want, hence its recorded use for thousands of years in ceremonial settings. If a man is mentally ill and holds deranged thoughts of murder in his or her head, then I see it being entirely possible that the shrooms pushed him over the edge.

This is no excuse for his actions though. The man is obviously mentally ill and should be treated as such. Mushrooms and MMA are a moot point, as neither is directly responsible for this man's sick and delusional thinking and actions. End of story.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

Very well said. Thanks for taking the time to share that with us. While fighting may seem barbaric to some, I would definitely rather see it happening in the ring under a ref. than anywhere else.

My thoughts go out to the family of his training partner, may he rest in peace.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

You are very welcome, always happy to add my .02

I agree that MMA is very misunderstood, and to most rational people, trying to knock another man out seems barbaric and idiotic. Martial arts have been around for millenia though, and there is good reason for it. I would assume that most people who object to MMA have never watched a full fight, or at least enough to form an educated opinion. They tend to leave out the fact that these guys generally hug, bow shake hands etc before and especially AFTER a fight. MMA is deeply rooted in the martial arts mentality, where ego, anger and disrespect have no place. It is about mutual respect and about challenging oneself mentally and physically. Standing in a ring or cage across from a man who has been training for years and is in peak physical condition is not easy, and it takes a great deal of courage to even engage in a fight.

I'm the last guy to start physical confrontations outside of the gym/cage/ring, and in many cases have taken punches to avoid or break up a fight, knowing full well I was capable to hurting the agressor. MMA has provided an outlet for me to release all of that left over cave man aggression in a controlled and respectable setting, and I feel I would be doing it a great disservice to not chime in on the subject.

I appreciate your comments, happy posting brother (or sister).

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
okaaaay, I guess we can all agree now that taking shrooms with psychopaths is a no-no.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join