It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP And Obama: A Perfect Photo Op of Deception

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+66 more 
posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I am making this thread to report some very interesting news. For once I will make a thread short and sweet.

BP bused in 100s of temp workers for Obama visit. This is supposed to be some awesome news! Infact this news would demonstrate that BP is finally taking this seriously. Unfortunately, for you and I, this is not true. It is true that 100's of BP temp workers were brought in, but what you will not hear from BP is that they only bused them in to impress the President with there "efforts". That is right according to Jefferson Parish Councilman Chris Roberts:

"The level of cleanup and cooperation we've gotten from BP in the past is in no way consistent to the effort shown on the island today," Roberts said by telephone. "As soon as the president left, they were immediately put back on the buses and sent home."
Decieved

Say what? They were only sent there for a show. To show the President that yes we are working! We are doing the best we can. Only to later disappear after Obama left.

Roberts says the overnight contingent of workers was there mainly to furnish a Potemkin-style backdrop for the event — while also making it appear that BP was firmly in command of spill cleanup efforts.
Decieved

Now the question is? Was Obama in on this? Was he creating an illusion for the world to see BP workers in the background as he stood and watched the OIL killing our oceans? That way he can say "YES BP is working hard. They were working when I was there and even after I left." Or perhaps it was BP themselves that was decieving Obama. The truth is that one of teh baove is true and that is sad.

But what burns me more is this:

News of 11th-hour spruce-up brigade spread rapidly Friday afternoon and infuriated locals. One popular radio host, WWL's Spud McConnell, suggested that the Coast Guard and the White House may have been involved in setting up the "perfect photo op."
Decieved

I would not be surprised either way. And this video PORTRAYS EXACTLEY WHAT I HAVE FEARED:

Fast forward to around 4:35 and you will see BP Temp Workers on the beach CLEANING. And as I sit here I see him again on our local news with the same shots... Mind you that some workers are indeed ACTUAL workers from the city to clean it up, but in certain shots those are the TEMP workers.

I have been on Grand Isle all week. This is the truth and can be verified by checking with wwl out of New Orleans. All of this was staged. 20 minutes before the president arrived 3 bus loads of workers wearing new white boots and new t shirts arrived at the location. They began cleaning up. 30 minutes after the president left they all loaded back on the busues and left the isalnd. I do not know who orchestrated this if it was BP or the white house but the president has no clue how bad this is. They have been preparing for him all week at that location and had the workers delivered on cue .
Richards Post

I'm not exactley sure where the radio cast is, but in more than one of them he does talk about Obama and the Bus workers leaving. They were extremely UPSET and FURIOUS in them. It was rather interesting. If I find them I will tell you. And if you find it, please post the links! Thank You.

Well? What do you guys and gals think?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
It's all about presentation and distraction...which is why the mainstream media is so useless.

Well Done again, TheMythLives...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Excellent thread.
Yet another dog and pony show for the public to lap up.

Like I said in the other thread, I'll believe Obama is actually going to do something about this mess, when he actually starts doing something about this mess.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
another great thread myth.

I too am growing quite suspicious of Obama's ties to BP.

Only thing that makes me think it might all be a coincidence, is that BP only donated 77,000 to Obama and 2.5million to McCain, guess they couldn't help backing the wrong horse.

The fact that those workers were bussed in before the prez and out after him make me think this may be entirely BP's doing.

One thing that disappoints me about Obama is his reaction, i really feel like army engineers and what not could have helped the situation, also some naval reserves to help with the clean up, it would have been a good use of resources and probably generated some positive PR.

Alot more then taking photo opps with basketball players as the oil keeps spewing

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this! I read someone on Twitter saying the workers were staged and when I went to look up sources I couldn't find any (apparently I didn't try hard enough!). Once again, thank you!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I hear ya mate. And here is some more interesting stuff:

Again, I'll point out that one thing BP seems to have invested in heavily and prepared for exceedingly well is its PR operation, if not their stop-all-the-oil-from-killing-everything operation. I'll also remind you that at his press conference yesterday, Obama said pretty explicitly, "BP is operating at our direction. Every key decision and action they take must be approved by us in advance."
We are cleaning! Okay lets go home now....

I find this alarming and truely disturbing...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Not surprised really......Obama is a photo op sort of guy, not a take charge sort of guy. If BP is now under the WH direction, as Obama made clear yesterday.....I'd say the buck stops with him.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
WOW!

Not really I myself and others from a south MS EOC are heading down to Grand Isle tomorrow. I will take pictures and video.

While my ESF (emergency support function) is not active I am assisting on a volunteer basis the ESF 10 which is Hazmat.

We cannot get any answers out of BP or the FEDS so we are going to take samples of our own and figure how to combat it when it reaches our shores.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Reminds me of the staged Obama townhalls.

We have all seen the REAL townhalls where people were royally miffed.

Yet when we saw the staged Obama rallies, fawning and propaganda.

This whole country just needs to get rid of that whole corrupt stink hole and start to enforce our individual Republic's rights.

Time to send and Email to LA AG and tell them to arrest the CEO next time he places foot in the Republic. Also the manager in charge on the rig initially along with all the federal regulators of the oil industry that step foot into LA.

I am beginning to think this whole thing is staged to keep everyone's eyes off what is going on in Washington. The financial reform legislation has passed in both houses. Has anyone seen any bills posted yet? Cap and Tax I am sure is going to be passed right after.

I am beginning to get really suspicious of this spill.

+19 more 
posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well I have yet to sign a non-disclosure agreement so this seems a good time to bring this one to light.

I am one of the BP oil cleanup contractors along the Gulf Coast... I am getting paid for this position... However (there is always a however) I have yet to be deployed into the field to cleanup anything.

I in fact drive an hour and a half every morning, sign a piece of paper saying I was there and then turn around and drive an hour and a half back home.

So yes when the SVP of BP says on the radio that they have 22,000 people contracted to this cleanup, he's not kidding, just no one is actually cleaning anything.

My buddy and I have gone by ourselves along the beach and started cleaning up debris and what not on our own but BP has not had us clean up not one single drop.

just thought you should know...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

I can also Confirm this. That is how this thing works.

This from Todays EOC IAP (Incident Action Plan) ICS form 201:

It has a spreadsheet that gives Numbers of persons working on beach clean up. Now in MS thus far there is not much to clean except for dead animals.

Total workers on site: 1723

Office day: 348
Office Night: 15
Field day: 163
Field Night 0

Hepaco: 1197

So they have 363 people in an office 163 field supervisors and 1197 contractors.

They are doing nothing! Just collecting a pay check.

It remeinds me of how the Federal Government Operates.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

I seriously doubt that busing in "extras" was for BP's benefit. More than likely, it was to make the president look good. OFAs come to mind. (note that their activity here has decreased since the oil spill has taken center stage)

Their next performance will probably be "the new green economy" and promoting cap & trade. ("never let a crisis go to waste") Coming to a comments section near you. :hurl:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
They have got to be fudging the facts and spinning the severity of this crisis? The whole time, from day one until now, I have always thought it was worse than what the media, government, and British Petroleum have portrayed to the general public. The independent reports, video and photos of the spill from the air, and even photos of the slick from the international space station speak a thousand words. The pictures and testimony from the people on the front-line really puts the story into perspective about the severity of this crisis. First and foremost, the only reason President Obama ran down to the Gulf Coast in such haste, is because a day prior to his trip on May 28th, he took a harsh grilling from the White House Press Corps about the perception of inaction by the Federal Government and his Administration on the matter.

There is more of the Q/A with the President, and judging from what I have seen, the President and his team have not done enough to stem the problem. In the opening days of this disaster, all I saw was a President pointing fingers, bickering on whom to bill, and doing everything in his power to make himself appear inculpable for this disaster. It was politics as usual, and it was the usual tactics of passing-the-buck, neutralizing the opposition, and as Rahm Emanuel once said, "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste."

Now, Emanuel is the President's enforcer and Chief of Staff. The tragedy in the gulf is one heck of crisis! Could they be dragging their feet so that this spill grows to unbearable levels, and it will be so devastating that the people will turn a blind-eye to the controversial Cap and Trade legislation? This idea could very well break the back of an economy already in shambles? Here is what the President had to say about his vision for Cap and Trade.

The spill will be so horrific that not only will the people turn a blind-eye, but will beg for Cap and Trade. In a feeble attempt to ensure this never happens again. That is one theory as to why I think the Obama Administration is dragging their feet as much as they are. They are using this calamity as a primer to coax the people into accepting Cap and Trade.

Still, he is only down there because the natives are getting restless. Once, the furor calms, it will be back to business as usual. One grandiose endeavor after another, spending the country into oblivion, taking over another private industry when it is feasible, and other delusions of an ever expanding federal bureaucracy. Here is a little reminder from another not so successful federal response from the recent past, and from our previous President George W. Bush.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

Wow, I really APPRECIATE you posting in this thread my friend. It just goes to show that they have willing and able body people ready to make a difference, yet they have yet to deploy you. I must thank you and your friends for cleaning up on your own accord and on your own time. I want you to know that the citizens here in New Orleans (my home) and St. Bernard (my work place) appreciate this a lot more than you know my friend. We can smell the oil at the night like crazy. The smell is terrible, I can only imagine what it is like in ocean zero.

I particulary like these quotes:

“Under Salazar’s watch, the Department of the Interior has treated the Gulf of Mexico as a sacrifice area where laws are ignored and wildlife protection takes a backseat to oil-company profits,” said Miyoko Saka#a, oceans director for the Center.
Quote 1

“The Department of the Interior is well aware of its obligations under the law, as well of the harm to endangered whales that can occur from oil industry operations, yet it has simply decided it cannot be bothered,” added Saka#a. “You or I have to follow the law, but Interior Secretary Salazar seems to think that he and the oil companies he is supposedly overseeing do not. That is unacceptable.”
Quote 2

Contacts in Louisiana have given me numerous, unconfirmed reports of cameras and cell phones being confiscated, scientists with monitoring equipment being turned away, and local reporters blocked from access to public lands impacted by the oil spill. But today CBS News got it on video, along with a bone-chilling statement by a Coast Guard official:

"These are BP's rules. These are not our rules."

But wait ... isn't that a public beach? From my viewpoint, it looks as if the Coast Guard* has been given direct orders to protect BP's PR interests above safety concerns over air and water quality, above the outcries of local governments in need of aid, and (worst of all) above the need for the American public to be informed about what is really going on in the Gulf.
BP: You cannot film here

The plot could be a lot deeper than any of us imagine.

I also wanted ALL of you to know that I appreciate your input. And please keep us in your mind and do not forget that this is happening. While quite a few of us have not been directly affected there are MANY who have been greatly affected, LOST there LIVES and we cannot allow them to be blocked out or forgotten by the media's cover-ups.

[edit on May 28th 2010 by TheMythLives]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Just wondering if the temporary workers that were bussed in for the Obama visit were a publicity stunt. Did Obama know that this was just a publicity stunt and that those workers were sent home after he left? Is BP actually taking this cleanup effort seriously? Is this whole thing a way to pass cap and trade more quickly? Thank you for your anticipated response. I have provided a link to an article that highlights all of the above concerns.

This was an E-mail that I composed and submitted to BP. I submitted this inquiry here. I suggest we keep submitting inquiries until we get an answer. When I receive a reply, I'll post it here. Good work Myth! This is the article that I linked in my above inquiry to BP.

BP buses additional clean-up crews to Grand Isle for Obama's visit

BP, the oil company taking flak for its inconsistent response to the massive oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico, bused in 400 extra cleanup workers to Grand Isle during President Obama's visit today, Jefferson Parish Council Chairman John Young said. "It appears to have been a PR stunt by BP, not to say we don't appreciate the extra participation," Young said. "We certainly need them, but we don't need them for just one day that happens to coincide with a visit from the president."

www.nola.com...

Edit to add that you will be required to provide you first and last name and a vaid e-mail address. Also the category for which you would like your inquiry to be under. After that, submit and they tell you that they will get back to you as soon as possible.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by jackflap]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Thank you for starting this thread. I have been wanting to say something about this but I knew that if the people of Louisiana found out that many thousands of workers were getting paid to sign a piece of paper and go home it would go off like a small nuclear device.

I used to fish in Grand Bayou and my heart is breaking over what is happening there. I'm trying to keep a mental image of what it was like but its fading fast. I can't even bring myself to go down there. I just can't.

You guys are in our thoughts and prayers and I am sure our fate will soon be similar to yours.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
one question comes to my mind ..... why? i mean y not clean it up?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
BP's PR machine seem to have got a few lessons from the Soviet Union. Bussing in these oil workers reminds me how the KGB always ensured local shops, had plenty of fresh food, whenever a Westerner visited!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I'm sure Obama was in on it somehow. If BP needed people there to look good in front of the prez, and without obama knowing, one would think BP would've had them out there all day, not quite knowing when the big man would arrive.

But, for the bus to show up 30 minutes prior... that's some good timing. And, I'd also think these workers would have to get some kind of secret security clearance to be within the vicinity of the prez.

Too convenient, the timing.

I smell orchestration from both sides. Not to mention Obama needing to look good before he goes on vacation. Oh, well. Priorities.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tegz_1

Possibly because of what the above posters stated:

I am beginning to think this whole thing is staged to keep everyone's eyes off what is going on in Washington. The financial reform legislation has passed in both houses. Has anyone seen any bills posted yet? Cap and Tax I am sure is going to be passed right after.

endisnighe

and

I seriously doubt that busing in "extras" was for BP's benefit. More than likely, it was to make the president look good. OFAs come to mind. (note that their activity here has decreased since the oil spill has taken center stage)

Their next performance will probably be "the new green economy" and promoting cap & trade. ("never let a crisis go to waste") Coming to a comments section near you. :hurl

dogsdogsdogs

Here is what Cap and Trade is:

A cap and trade system is a method for managing pollution, with the end goal of reducing the overall pollution in a nation, region, or industry. Many proponents of pollution control support the concept of capcapcap and tradetradetrade systems, arguing that they are extremely effective, and that they make sense economically as well. Such a system is only one option among many for reducing the emission of pollutants, most notably carbon dioxide, a greenhouse gas which has attracted a great deal of attention due to its environmental impacts.
Cap and Trade

And here it is being discussed quite convincingly:

While there are still many more questions than currently available answers, President Obama answered a few and dodged others in his speech today. He made a resounding push for clean energy legislation and referenced the House cap and trade bill passed last year and the one recently introduced in the Senate. He also suspended or canceled a number of lease sales off the coasts of American waters and extended a moratorium on deep-sea offshore oil drilling permits. The Gulf oil spill certainly presents an unprecedented economic and environmental disaster and challenge, but it should not be used as an excuse to ban offshore exploration and cancel leases outright or to overreach and make drilling prohibitively expensive. Furthermore, it should not be used to push clean energy agendas forward that will impose a significant burden on for American families, American businesses, and the American economy.

Similar to Rahm Emanuel’s “You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste” statement, President Obama urged both Democrats and Republicans to move quickly to pass cap and trade legislation. This is not the solution to America’s energy needs because cap and trade will raise energy prices, kill jobs and contract the economy. If “clean energy” legislation moves forward, higher energy costs will spread throughout the economy as producers everywhere try to cover their higher production costs by raising their product prices, further impacting Americans. The result will be a much slower economy and lost jobs at a time when the top priority for Americans is economic growth.
Overreaches on Cap and Trade, Cancelled Drilling

Never let a good crisis go to waste, right?

Because industrial accidents never happen when the government regulates the very air we exhale as a “dangerous pollutant.”

Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) said Sunday that the massive Gulf of Mexico oil spill helps make the case for passage of the climate change and energy bill that he’s rolling out May 12 with Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.).

Lieberman said on “Fox News Sunday” that he believes the bill can pass this year despite plans to include measures that promote offshore oil-and-gas drilling, noting “I think we’ve got a real shot at this.”

“The oil spill in the gulf reminds us of a couple of things. The first is that we need to transition our energy system to one that doesn’t depend on oil,” Lieberman said.
Kerry And Lieberman: We Need Cap And Trade Because Of The Gulf Oil Spill

The plot continues and yet as we get closer the oil gets smellier... And the oil gets closer to our shore than never before...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join