It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok Religious folks, here is an exercise for you: I am God, prove me wrong

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
God would have a much cooler avatar.

/end thread

that or a really killer nickname

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil
reply to post by hyperion.martin

hyperion,

It's a shame that some people think your thread is a troll. I think it's a good exercise in logic.

I hope you'll forgive me, but the first thing I did was read your word. Then I tried to find contradictions in your word. You know, that's how everybody tries to prove God is not God.

While searching some of your previous posts I discovered you are a war veteran. I thought, damn, he may be god. Thank you for your service to our country.

You say you are God and you challenge us to prove you wrong. My only proof is your own words from one of your posts. You said you have parents. I can quote you if you like.

God doesn't have parents.

I like your humor though.

Peace

My thoughts exactly.

You NEVER know what form God might decide to take so it is a wise person who never assumes either way, but treats everyone the same as they would treat God - or rather, the person they love most.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

If you are god, then call me by my True Name (not my Baptismal Name).

If you can't do that, then you are not god to me.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Hyperion, we cannot prove Hyperion is not God so therefore we must accept the possibility that Hyperion IS God.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Proving a negative is much harder than proving a positive.

So my answer is if you're God, what is my mothers name?

If you can't answer correctly, then you are a false god.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Proving a negative is much harder than proving a positive.

So my answer is if you're God, what is my mothers name?

If you can't answer correctly, then you are a false god.

It is an adulterous world that requires that kind of proof.

He doesn't have to prove to you anything.

I tell you that my name is Tarzan. For real. And yet, you would believe this without proof? No one else in the world does.

But I know it to be true and God knows it to be true - It is true.

But I could never convince you because you do not know me.

Oh wait, but I can talk to you and God can't...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
oh self-proclaimed one, I am thinking of a number between 1 and 999,999,999,999,999, what is it?

"Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so mind-bogglingly useful [as the Babel fish] could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as a final and clinching proof of the nonexistence of God.

The argument goes like this: "I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"But," says Man, "The Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn’t it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don’t. QED."

"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn’t thought of that," and promptly disappears in a puff of logic.

"Oh, that was easy," says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing.

Most leading theologians claim that this argument is a load of dingo’s kidneys, but that didn’t stop Oolon Colluphid making a small fortune when he used it as the central theme of his best-selling book, Well That about Wraps It Up for God.

Meanwhile, the poor Babel fish, by effectively removing all barriers to communication between different races and cultures, has caused more and bloodier wars than anything else in the history of creation."

— Douglas Adams

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
To everyone who is asking God questions here, remember that according to Bible thumpers its a sin to ask for "signs" from God. Also perhaps asking God for proof in such a manner also borders "tempting" God here as well according to the thumpers.

Now behave as good believers and STOP ASKING QUESTIONS AND JUST BELIEVE AS YOU NORMALLY DO!!!!

God is here on the boards!! This is the MOST EVIDENCE EVER, EVER, EVER!!

EXCITING TIMES HERE FOLKS, GODS HERE on the boards!!!!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by primus2012

And since when did God -ever- say that without faith, He is nothing?

Or, more accurately, in your perception, did the people who wrote the religious texts say that God is nothing without faith?

I'm pretty sure the saying goes that God doesn't have to prove Himself, He DOES exist, regardless of whether you believe or not.

It is up to us to have faith.

But that is only if you're blind enough to not see that He does exist with all the proof that does exist.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Attention God, I am a giant space penguin named Melvin, how's the whole being all-powerful thing going ?

So God, what created you? If God does not believe he was created by a superior being that makes him an atheist.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by hyperion.martin
I will make this short and simple, I AM GOD my dear Christians, Jews, Muslims, etc. I hope these silly atheists have not been harassing you too much, now you have me to answer to them! Anything you want to ask me?

Yeah, if you were shot in the head point blank will you be resurrected on the 3rd day? If so, are you willing to put that to the test? Youtube thrives on this stuff.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

Or, more accurately, in your perception, did the people who wrote the religious texts say that God is nothing without faith?

I'm pretty sure the saying goes that God doesn't have to prove Himself, He DOES exist, regardless of whether you believe or not.

But that is only if you're blind enough to not see that He does exist with all the proof that does exist.

It's a joke...
It's from the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.
Jeez there must be 0 humor in heaven.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

*Ahem*

LUKE 4:12 (KJV):
And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

YoU MUST just have FAITH my friend!!

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Shine71]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I was quoting from a science-fiction satirical masterpiece, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. It is certainly almost but not quite unlike a religious text

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I know from what and by whom you were quoting.

If you claim you were not attempting to endorse the quotes you use, then I will admit my lack of humor.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
One of the oldest lies around,...

"For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened and you will be like God"

If you are God then you are by definition perfect, lucky you.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

If you claim you were not attempting to endorse the quotes you use, then I will admit my lack of humor.

Wow you really sound like a robot there.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by hyperion.martin
I will make this short and simple, I AM GOD my dear Christians, Jews, Muslims, etc. I hope these silly atheists have not been harassing you too much, now you have me to answer to them! Anything you want to ask me?

Yeah, if you were shot in the head point blank will you be resurrected on the 3rd day? If so, are you willing to put that to the test? Youtube thrives on this stuff.

Do you not think that God has it within His power to take the form of a person and choose not to resurrect that body for whatever purpose He pleases?

Or have you forgotten that Lazarus was resurrected and was not God?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I'm going to side with the OP, even though it sounds a bit out there. The reason I say this is that I believe in pantheism. The universe exists to produce us animals as its observers and its consciousness. We do not have God like powers in any great way, but we do make a difference in the lives of others through our good deeds and compassion for others.

This is hardly a troll thread compared to many others I have read. The OP is just looking for answers like the rest of us. Where do we fit in this vast universe? What exactly is our purpose? Why are we here?

To me, the OP is merely trying to understand his/her place in the cosmos.

Ok, maybe the OP is a little upfront, but is he really wrong? We will never know until we become further advanced.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Wow you really sound like a robot there.

Nope, I just happen to be the only Vulcan that believes in God.

Oh... wait...

That wasn't humor was it? I done messed up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join