It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok Religious folks, here is an exercise for you: I am God, prove me wrong

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk
reply to post by TarzanBeta

....more of God in a sense of an Omnipotent power....

....not a God for religous reasons.....

....not a god as a father of us all.......

(my personal bent: religion, god, jesus, mohammed, Allah, Zeus, Thor, Odin, Satan....etc. are all make believe forms of control....just not for me.)

[edit on 28-5-2010 by wdkirk]

I am not much for being controlled either. I know how you feel.

God does not control me. I am free in this way. When I want Him, I ask for Him. Subsequently, He chooses to respond or He chooses not and He does it how He pleases regardless of what I want.

Anyhow, just to let you know, if ever you do wonder, God is not about controlling anything. For me, God is mostly a help to my conscience, but not a decider.

But you will find me respecting no man or woman more than myself or God.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
since god is dog spelled backward are you related?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Firstly if you were God you wouldnt have posted here and asked for our replies. God doenst give a ****.
Secondly you even replied to the posts. God who hasnt even answered to millions killing in God's name would'nt have answered this. If God really didnt care about that but wanted people to prove he is not God, then God is just a self loathing bas****. In this way we are better off without you.
Thirdly its my personal opinion there is no seperate identity as God.

I believe Friedrich Nietzsche said 'God is Dead'

Ofcourse if there ever was a one. God is said to be from the beginning and he was not created and omnipotent or something. If something was not created it doesnt exist. If it doesnt exist it cannot die. If it cannot die it cannot be harmed. But as in whole its just bull.
Lets start taking responsibility into our own hands.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

You're not God, you're an IMPOSTER. This thread started out with a different god. Now you are answering questions. You are a pirate god, a thread jacking god. What have you done with the other god?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
What's my middle name?
What color shirt am I wearing?
Where was I born?
When was I born?
What's my first name?
What was the last concert I went to?
What did I eat for dinner today?

[edit on 28-5-2010 by cLOUDDEAD]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaosinorder
Firstly if you were God you wouldnt have posted here and asked for our replies. God doenst give a ****.
Secondly you even replied to the posts. God who hasnt even answered to millions killing in God's name would'nt have answered this. If God really didnt care about that but wanted people to prove he is not God, then God is just a self loathing bas****. In this way we are better off without you.
Thirdly its my personal opinion there is no seperate identity as God.

I believe Friedrich Nietzsche said 'God is Dead'

Ofcourse if there ever was a one. God is said to be from the beginning and he was not created and omnipotent or something. If something was not created it doesnt exist. If it doesnt exist it cannot die. If it cannot die it cannot be harmed. But as in whole its just bull.
Lets start taking responsibility into our own hands.

For someone who believes God doesn't exist, you know Him really well. I mean, you know that He wouldn't post here and you know that He doesn't care.

But then, how could you know someone that you don't believe has ever existed based on the argument that if He wasn't created He couldn't exist?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hyperion.martin

How do you contend all the evidence that suggests we were biologically engineered in ancient history? despite our modern sense of stubbornness to accept such a truth.

How do you explain 250,000 year old human remains?

Dinosaur bones?

How do you explain the Buddha and enlightenment?

In church they blaspheme anything that goes against their beliefs what are your thoughts on this type of thinking?

Do you hate f*gs? because most of your followers sure do...

What do you think of reincarnation?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil

You're not God, you're an IMPOSTER. This thread started out with a different god. Now you are answering questions. You are a pirate god, a thread jacking god. What have you done with the other god?

I think the OP went on vacation, friend.

But, you're right, I'm not God.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

If something isnt created it doesnt exist. If God is created then something must've created it and then something must've created the thing that created God and so on. This is a never ending loop. Its null and void. If still the God is there but something created it but this which was created is God. And if there was one and created us.Then i'm a God. You're a God. Osama is a God. Satan is a God. Then again which means all are same. So there is no reason to distinguish that or to hope on that.

And regarding my posting here i just wanted to post here so people will see. Not because God was posting and he would reply. I believe in cosmic energy. Everything is the same.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I think the OPs point was to say that there is no way any God could ever be identified simply because it's unknowable, is this the God that created the universe? or simply a very powerful being who says he did? Or maybe he did create the universe, but perhaps beyond that he's simply a factory worker creating universes constantly under the watch of an even greater being.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by PositivelyDetermined

How do you contend all the evidence that suggests we were biologically engineered in ancient history? despite our modern sense of stubbornness to accept such a truth.

How do you explain 250,000 year old human remains?

Dinosaur bones?

How do you explain the Buddha and enlightenment?

In church they blaspheme anything that goes against their beliefs what are your thoughts on this type of thinking?

Do you hate f*gs? because most of your followers sure do...

What do you think of reincarnation?

Since "God" hasn't been back, I figured I'd help you to figure these things out while "He"'s relaxing.

Were humans biologically engineered in ancient history? Of course. How else would God have created us?

250,000 year old human remains must be 250,000 years old. It makes no sense to contend what is obviously known as fact. Of course, that is assuming that your scientists didn't mess up the tests.

See, 250,000 years is only relative to the number of times that the earth has revolved around the Sun... atleast, that's what our measurement of a year is. But do your own scientists not claim that all the celestial bodies in the universe have not always been where they are currently? That means that each and every year could be longer or shorter depending on the movements of the celestial bodies. Unless you get all of your scientists from their respective denominations together to tie in all their studies, you cannot rely on what any one particular group of archaeologists or astronomers say because time is simply relative.

In regards to dinosaurs - where there are bones, there was probably flesh.

If you want to learn about Siddartha Gautama and "enlightenment", you're talking to the wrong deity.

The key phrase is "In church" and not "In God's church" or "In Your church". Society has a church as well.

Considering the term that you used for homosexuals, I guess you aren't very sympathetic towards their mindset either. But regarding homosexuality, remember what Jesus said when the pharisees attempted to tricking Him into judging the adulteress : "Let whoever is without sin be the first to cast their stone."

Was not Jesus reincarnated? He was once flesh - but now He is in the form of a spirit.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Explain how a baby's smile affects everyone.....

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

If something isnt created it doesnt exist. If God is created then something must've created it and then something must've created the thing that created God and so on. This is a never ending loop. Its null and void. If still the God is there but something created it but this which was created is God. And if there was one and created us.Then i'm a God. You're a God. Osama is a God. Satan is a God. Then again which means all are same. So there is no reason to distinguish that or to hope on that.

And regarding my posting here i just wanted to post here so people will see. Not because God was posting and he would reply. I believe in cosmic energy. Everything is the same.

You argued against yourself. You claim that something must be created to exist. And yet you show the proof that this is illogical by saying that "if God is created, then something must've created it and then something must've created the thing that created God and so on."

Your very own statement proves that it is impossible grammatically or mathematically to express that God must have been created to exist. There must be a beginning so that there is no void or loop.

God is that beginning which you inadverdantly discovered.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Ok. I'll bite.

What came before you?

If nothing.

Who made you?

If no one.

How did you come to be?

A lenghtly explanation is expected.

~Keeper

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
to the op: if you are god I would guess you are omnipresent, onipotent, able to be all places in the universe, no place you cannot go nor nothing you cant do. is this correct?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Ok. I'll bite.

What came before you?

If nothing.

Who made you?

If no one.

How did you come to be?

A lenghtly explanation is expected.

~Keeper

There is no before God. There is no one before God.

And since you or I really couldn't understand how God just simply does exist so easily with our finite understanding, I think I have just the question for you...

Do you remember your birth? If there were not other babies being born and your parents telling you that they are your parents, would you even have a memory or knowledge of your birth? If you never saw people die or never heard of it, would you know that you'd die?

If nothing and no one is before God, then what kind of person expects God to answer questions that a human could not answer about himself without the validation of other people who were before him/her?

But, God is all-knowing, and He does know who He is...and He has already said, even though you cannot and I cannot fully comprehend the possibility :

"I AM that I AM." That is to say, He is before and after time. "I AM" is the first person present tense of the verb "to be". Because of the conjugation of the verb, God is implying that He simply is always present. Past and future are irrelevant because He does not experience time. We do because we are mortal pieces of this great clockwork of the universe whose time is only measured by celestial movement.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

You argued against yourself. You claim that something must be created to exist. And yet you show the proof that this is illogical by saying that "if God is created, then something must've created it and then something must've created the thing that created God and so on."

Your very own statement proves that it is impossible grammatically or mathematically to express that God must have been created to exist. There must be a beginning so that there is no void or loop.

God is that beginning which you inadverdantly discovered.

Nope i didnt mean that. Get this point. Everything just exists. Nothing is omnipotent. Otherwise everything is. I would say maybe everything is. Then again there is no need to pick one dog out of a hundred. Everything is the same. There is no such entity as God. There is energy. No GOD

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
this post is stupid. God isn't stupid. therefore your not God.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
this post is stupid. God isn't stupid. therefore your not God.

Well i dont know about this thread but your post sure is.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by chaosinorder

Nothing that you said disproves God. But you did say that there is no God. So therefore you have made a statement of faith. I guess that's that.

Enjoy.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join