It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok Religious folks, here is an exercise for you: I am God, prove me wrong

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
also i hope jesus isnt to pissd off at the whole cross thing these things happen

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Breifne
Well folks, he must be God if he told us to blindly accept this as truth.

Same qualities anyway.

Nah, those are his disciples.

Best,
SN

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
God shalt not use the internet for communication (he uses a burning bush), and you always take your shoes off to talk to God and I have shoes on... duh

Exodus 3:1-6
1 Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the desert and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. 2 There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. 3 So Moses thought, "I will go over and see this strange sight—why the bush does not burn up."

4 When the LORD saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, "Moses! Moses!"
And Moses said, "Here I am."

5 "Do not come any closer," God said. "Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground." 6 Then he said, "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob." At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God.

This belongs in BTS - God would have known that

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It is futile for someone to prove someone wrong. Now for you to prove yourself right. That is the real proof everyone is talking about.

Why does everyone want proof? Ease your mind. Not everything needs approval. Even if it did, why is it that important to you?

[edit on 28-5-2010 by juveous]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by juveous
It is futile for someone to prove someone wrong. Now for you to prove yourself right. That is the real proof everyone is talking about.

Why does everyone want proof? Ease your mind. Not everything needs approval. Even if it did, why is it that important to you?

When it shapes every aspect of life for our entire species I think it is important.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

" I should think that God would realize that Muslims don't worship him and would thereby not address them when trying to prove his existence. "

To the contrary , Muslims DO worship God ., his name is ALLAH . They don't worship Jesus .

At least they know the name of their god , what is the name of yours ?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hyperion.martin
I will make this short and simple, I AM GOD my dear Christians, Jews, Muslims, etc. I hope these silly atheists have not been harassing you too much, now you have me to answer to them! Anything you want to ask me?

I'm not religious but can you

1. Strike me dead?

2. Prevent me from posting tomorrow?

3. Erase this post?

Otherwise I suggest someone come along and ban you.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by postmeme]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
troll is obvious troll

You mean troller, a troll lives under a bridge.
Yes this troller is God, and so am I. I bow down to our greatness.
By the way, I am religious. Proving you wrong or right does not prove my beliefs wrong. God is in everything.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by earthdude]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hyperion.martin

I kinda giggled a little, but..

what was the point of this thread?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

So far, you're more disappointing to me than a wet fart is to a constipated spinster, I'ld expect god to impart some profound wisdom but all I've gotten so far is a lame supposition.

As far as proving you're not god goes, it's fairly easy. Answer me this, what colour is my T-shirt? If you can't answer correctly, you're not God.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I have a question for god...

How old are you?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FermiFlux

Originally posted by juveous

When it shapes every aspect of life for our entire species I think it is important.

I didn't say God wasn't important, what I meant was, "why do people think it is important to prove it", - and really I know i'm going to be misunderstood here - I mean proof by explanation.

I do think it is important to prove it. But by explanation? - in terms of a "logical" and "rational" piece by piece puzzle that makes sense like 3+3+6.
I wanna know why people think that explaning it is important. because in reality it can't be explained.

It just can't.

If you think "existence" and "God" makes sense, no words will bring light as to why so. It's beyond the realm of language.

Is "why" even the right question?

should there even be a question?

How can you answer the question - "what comes before the beginning?"

You can't, it is a never ending loop of questioning, no answer makes sense.
Live with it.

I'm not saying you can't prove it.
But by explanation?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
You are not God...... Prove ME wrong....

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
So what you are really what is the proof that there is a God. Don't worry, he will reveal himself to you when he is ready. Based on your post, he has stirred some curiousity in you. Why don't you ask him to show you he is real?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

hyperion,

It's a shame that some people think your thread is a troll. I think it's a good exercise in logic.

I hope you'll forgive me, but the first thing I did was read your word. Then I tried to find contradictions in your word. You know, that's how everybody tries to prove God is not God.

While searching some of your previous posts I discovered you are a war veteran. I thought, damn, he may be god. Thank you for your service to our country.

You say you are God and you challenge us to prove you wrong. My only proof is your own words from one of your posts. You said you have parents. I can quote you if you like.

God doesn't have parents.

I like your humor though.

Peace

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Well, we finally now have some ACTUAL proof of God!

Alright, its about time. This sure beats anything written in any of our religious books which in reality are simply just books of TOTALLY FLAWED EPIC FAILED ATTEMPTS to explain an invisible man in the sky. Books that stink of being the creation and work of stupid sexist, racist, violent blood thirsty war-mongering men.

God, please punish and silence the fools here that believe in any of the mainstream organized religions before they destroy the planet with their fairy tale superstitious nonsense beliefs. You as God should know they are VERY WRONG in what they believe.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

this one is easy to debunk. you cannot be god because I am god.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by hyperion.martin
I will make this short and simple, I AM GOD my dear Christians, Jews, Muslims, etc. I hope these silly atheists have not been harassing you too much, now you have me to answer to them! Anything you want to ask me?

Well now, lets not go with what my first thoughts are and say for arguments sake you are indeed God. If that be the case then here is what I have to say to you and all:
If God ever came back, if he ever choose to show his face, or what ever in the garden again and among man, the we should sue him for neglect, the distruction and suffereing that he has caused in his absence. Like a bad parent he has chosen to ignore his children, allowing for suffering to continue on. And if after all of these terrible days in this terrible suffering, you dare now to return, to see how much suffering and death that was caused in your abandonment and lack of attention has caused, you are a terrible parent and do not deserve to be followed. How dare God just walk out after all of these years and leave us to our own, as children in a garden, how dare he let a small child die of a horrible disease, or to grow up never knowing any compassion, the pains of hunger and the cruelty of the world. That is not the act of a bennevolent being and fails to show compassion or allowing for his creation to grow out of neglect and a lack of love. So there is my response to GOD, he is lacking in being a parent and should be sued for everything, for failing to be a good parent and guardian over creation.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
How do you explain the same Jesus type story happening 2 times in earlier religions before your Jesus? So that in its self says it all. Everything in religion has been written by man and then censored by the catholic church i.e "The Bible". So have fun with the fairy tales.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join