It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok Religious folks, here is an exercise for you: I am God, prove me wrong

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hyperion.martin

No your not your having a joke, but its nice to have a laugh for a change. Although.... what is reality, maybe im god and all of you exist in my imagination. its all a bit toooo weird.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
God has no need to talk to mortals.

To think that he has any need to talk to any one of us or ask us to worship him, blindly, could only be the rantings, wants and needs of a lunatic human or group of lunatic humans.

We can't graduate from our need of war, our hoarding of money and our blind faith in a god. How will we ever survive?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Good game. But I have the grand slam and it's game over time.

What is God? Mathematically?

1) Everything is God and God is Everything

2) E=mc^2 and other math shows us that all things are composed of Energy.

3) If everything is Energy, and everything is also God, this means that God is Energy.

4) You are only a portion of the Universe's over all energy/matter. However by pure definition "God" indicates ALL MATTER/ENERGY encompassed within the entire universe.

So you cannot be "God".

By pure math you are obviously a PART of GOD, or a segment/portion/section.

Math clearly defines that you cannot represent the entirety of the Universe.

I am not religious though. I am a scientist.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Howdy muzzle.

I wonder, as a scientist who makes his claims based solely upon observational evidence, where you got the idea that God is everything?

Of course, your definition of everything seems to be the universe and all things of which it is made up.

As a scientist, it is unbecoming to assume or have faith in a statement that neither God has said nor any man who wrote the Bible or most religious texts in particular. And if any religious text does, in fact, say that God is the universe and everything in it, then please refer to that specific religion so that people understand that you are, in fact, acting on behalf of purely observational evidence and not your own faith or assumptions.

Enjoy muzzle.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk
God has no need to talk to mortals.

To think that he has any need to talk to any one of us or ask us to worship him, blindly, could only be the rantings, wants and needs of a lunatic human or group of lunatic humans.

We can't graduate from our need of war, our hoarding of money and our blind faith in a god. How will we ever survive?

According to what religion?

IN Judaism and Christianity, God is the Father and we are His children.

Do you believe that your parent or guardian has no reason to talk with you? I mean no offense if this is a personal area, please forgive me. I am simply making an argument.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by loisthegriffin

No your not your having a joke, but its nice to have a laugh for a change. Although.... what is reality, maybe im god and all of you exist in my imagination. its all a bit toooo weird.

I know that your perception of what you said is not the same as mine.

However, with that being said, I don't believe you are too far off the mark...

If you re-read what you typed with a different perception, I think you will understand.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Of course the OP can be God, have you read the Bible lately?
According to the Bible, an invisible man in the cloud can call someone like Moses to a mountain top to talk to them. So THEREFORE God can can EASILY reach his special MAGICAL hand down from the clouds and type a keyboard for us here to read!! Seriously, just read the Bible. Its PROVEN IN THE BIBLE!!

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Shine71]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Your point? Sorry I didn't understand. Could you spell it out for the uninitiated?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Your point? Sorry I didn't understand. Could you spell it out for the uninitiated?

Do you not think that God has it within His power to take the form of a person and choose not to resurrect that body for whatever purpose He pleases?

You say by your very own question to the OP that you believe that if He were to get shot in the head and die and then come alive again 3 days later that you would believe he is God. Your question automatically assumes this course regardless of your humor.

Because of the statement that you have made through your question, that you require this of the OP, I tell you that you do not know enough about God. God has the power to take any form He wishes at any time. God has the power to choose to take the form of a person, be shot in the head, and leave that body dead forever and still exist. You would then use the dead body that does not rise as proof of God's non-existence - but that would be faulty logic because you have already agreed that God has the power to come back to life. So, do you not agree that God also has the power to leave what is dead? Even we have the power to stay dead!

Or have you forgotten that Lazarus was resurrected and was not God?

If even Lazarus, who was not God, could be resurrected, then does not God, who is all-powerful, have the ability to leave what is dead?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

What is the meaning of life?
Why did you create the universe?
How big is the universe?
How many other species exist which are sentient like us?
Are there species more advanced than us?
Everything that has a beginning has an end. When will you pass away, God?
If you created us, then who created you?
Will there be a revolutionary war in the USA within the next 10 years?
Who is Obama, really? Is he an alien?

That's all my questions for now.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I must retract my last arguement against the op being God. I am not God, however I did check with my wife and she did not post the op so the op is still lying.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

I wonder, as a scientist who makes his claims based solely upon observational evidence, where you got the idea that God is everything?

Most people think of "God" as some sort of "person", in the clouds watching all of us. AKA ZEUS.

But they fail to actually read much though.

Let's define the word "God".

God
the sole Supreme Being, eternal, spiritual, and transcendent, who is the Creator and ruler of all and is infinite in all attributes;

www.thefreedictionary.com...
It's the Capitalized Definition not the Lower Case ones.

"Infinite in all attributes" Means basically, anything you can think of , that's God. Everything is God etc etc. Eternal means it always exists also.

IF "GOD" = "INFINITE" than it is a direct logical deduction to determine that "The Entire Physical Universe" = "GOD".

This is simple semantics and definitions of words.

No faith needed here. Just some critical thinking.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by muzzleflash]

[edit on 28-5-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
If the OP said "god" lower case, than we could use Webster's definition # 5.

god
5. A very handsome man.

Maybe the OP is a handsome man.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by hyperion.martin
Anything you want to ask me?

what's your name?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Actually the word God comes from the Sanskrit root "HU" which means simply "invoked one". So the divine "God" nonsense and the Supreme being in the heavens NONSENSE that developed over time from the lying, fabricating, evil church idiot authorities and their zombie followers is just more foolishness and fairy tale!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
You can be god, I'll be the Lord. The lord is much more wicked. He ordered Moses to kill!

What a narsty lord. God, is the creator. The lord, is an impostor.

Look at it yourself, when anything good is done, its god, when anything bad is done, its The Lord. Powerful information indeed.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

....more of God in a sense of an Omnipotent power....

....not a God for religous reasons.....

....not a god as a father of us all.......

(my personal bent: religion, god, jesus, mohammed, Allah, Zeus, Thor, Odin, Satan....etc. are all make believe forms of control....just not for me.)

[edit on 28-5-2010 by wdkirk]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

According to the very definition of God that you have given us, God is spiritual, not physical.

But if we were to assume that God is physical and infinite in all attributes, it would still be illogical to conclude that God is the entire physical universe because it is still only a theory that the entire physical universe is infinite.

Again, you have made a faith-based argument. muzzle, you're a better scientist than this.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shine71

Actually the word God comes from the Sanskrit root "HU" which means simply "invoked one". So the divine "God" nonsense and the Supreme being in the heavens NONSENSE that developed over time from the lying, fabricating, evil church idiot authorities and their zombie followers is just more foolishness and fairy tale!

The word "God" is the chosen word in english to refer to the Supreme Deity.

However, if you want to be more literal, I believe this conversation is geared towards the existence of YHWH.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
You can be god, I'll be the Lord. The lord is much more wicked. He ordered Moses to kill!

What a narsty lord. God, is the creator. The lord, is an impostor.

Look at it yourself, when anything good is done, its god, when anything bad is done, its The Lord. Powerful information indeed.

You're picking and choosing.

God is the Lord. His Lordship is "invoked" (as an earlier poster attempted to reference) anytime when He means to be a director of something. Read again and notice that He does not only "invoke" His Lordship for destruction.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join