It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Hussein Obama - First Ever!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by nenothtu

Do you seriously not know what plagiarism is? I'll even add emphasis for you.

Source

1.the unauthorized use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one's own original work.
2.something used and represented in this manner.

His entire OP was clearly grabbed from free republic...go look at the link yourself. He gave no credit...tried to pass it off as his own little "discovery"...and has been called on it.

Now...since you like to talk about side stepping a question...answers me this. Do you think Obama was the "First Ever" to do this???

That's precisely what I meant by you 'reaching'. Even after you post the actual definition of it, you still insist it's plagarism, when it clearly isn't. Merely reporting the same story isn't plagarism, not even by the definition you posted.

I DID look at the link myself, which is exactly why I questioned your identification of this as 'plagarism' when it clearly doesn't even come close to fitting the definition. The ONLY similarity is the fact that it's apparently the same story being reported.

To answer your second question, I couldn't care less if Obama is the first to do this or not. Is there some reason I SHOULD care?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Nice try....Their entire officer core committed treason by leaving the military of the US before completion of their terms.The CSA officials,likewise had been elected to terms by citizens of the US,some of whom agreed to secede.However ,without unanimous consent these officials conspired with these military men(The Sedition part..) To eschew the Constitution...And their citizenship...Not unlike todays Baggers...Unhappy at having lost control...in the form of a Republican Adimistration...want to Take Back their country...No one took it away...They lost an Election...And some seem to spend an Inordinant amount of time Imagining all sorts of ridiculous lies about President Obama...
it's ugly how race seems to run rampant as an issue.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErEhWoN
Um, DEBUNKED

Maybe the first president not to have a giant flag, but the flag is there

The "shrinking flag syndrome" is in direct relation to America's shrinking power around the world... Soon he will have to wear a falg on his lapel... and even then it will be made in China

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Yet people still think he is the greatest thing to happen to the USA. 2 and 1/2 years isn't soon enough to be rid of this "monstrosity." Hillary would have done less damage than Obama.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The American peoples put him in office the American can get him out of office, will they?

The missing FLAG is only the beginning, "GOD BLESS AMERICA, THE LAND OF THE "FREE?" AND THE HOME OF THE BRAVE!

[edit on 1-6-2010 by observe50]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
thread still going all because of a flag sad

im going to the other thread that caught my interest in the first place of this site the Conspiracy threads and the just discovered threads !

I miss Memorial day completely ( did Obama have a Flag beside him! ? _on Memorial day

2007 Obama Memorial Day 2007 at Dartmouth Look there is a Flag 14 to 18 sec mark in the Corner!!

2008 Memorial Day Obama

Flag Flag!!! look theres a Flag oMG !
look at pic

Obama's Granddad was in general pattons army like my grandfather ! was
Obama's Grandmother was Making War Planes in WW2 a Unsung Hero!

2009 Memorial ! OMG!!! WOW!!! WOW!! Look at the big Flag like the Patton Movie ! ! ! WOW ! ! ! ! A MUST SEE!!

2010 Memorial obama with a flag dam camera man ! !

news.yahoo.com...

Obama's Memorial Day Speech Rained Out
abcnews.go.com...

President Obama At IL Wreath Laying Ceremony a flag a flag !
news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Land of the Free! Not any longer with the Patriotic Bill still active! bye bye privacy! we have suspicion you have %#%#%## so we are we are going to ran sack your house for contraband!! a Prison Police Nation in effect! was George Orwell Right! ? what is next a Mandatory Implant that can be scanned ! ohh that right they are having plans for that ! Well DR Moreau did have device to control his creature beast creations the government will do the same ! some day Get ready for the Brave New World!

go ask this Vermont Farmer about the land of the Free!!
Vermont Farm Takes On Border Fight With U.S.
www.gpb.org...

as there was never a problem with the Canadian Compared to the mexican boarder

you are right about the home of the Brave! (new world) tho !

Does Japan have more freedom than America ?

Dont know!!!!! Read on Below!!!!!!

Constitution of Japan
en.wikipedia.org...

yeah i can here it now go live somewhere else you ya dont like it
naw ill stay right here with my family as part of them been fighting for Land & Home Land Security since 1492!!!!!!!!!!!

I Honor the meaning of the Memorial the one's that fought for our Land from Foreign take over that would take our known freedom away!

The Time that we really fought for OUR freedom was the Revolutionary War War of 1812 and the Civil war! Mexican War ? Spanish WAR ? on our Own Land !

as in WW1 And WW2 America Stayed Neutral until America was Provoked!

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Wow, why are there all these stupid threads on ATS? I mean really, I could turn on FOX if I wanted to hear this crap.

I can't remember rightly, but did we give Bush this treatment too? I know there's a lot of Republican newbies now that Obama's in and the Rockefeller cartel is out of power. I don't know what to think of this president, but do the propaganda agents need to be so shameless and petty with this whole character assassination routine? If it weren't so weird and pathetic, I might ROFL.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Syrus Magistus]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
One thing I learned from Hitler - Nationalism causes wars. The American government is more or less an agent of oil companies or whatever other type of international corporation is currently in power, and they use nationalism to control us to serve their desires. Some of our wars were started with lies or without the support of the people. In order to stop this, we must see ourselves first as humans, and then, if we are Americans, as American people, not pawns of a government that is hostage to those skilled at robbing us.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AllexxisF1

I belive that we dont really need more reason to hate him, thats a belief a person aquires for a reason. But you would have us belive were fools for listening to anothers facts and opinions how are you supposed to make an informed decision. so we should just jump on the bandwagon blind huh.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

Pretty simple really. He is just breaking the rules. Just a facet of his "change".

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
If ever there were an impeachable offense, this should be it.

And another induhvidual who has no idea of what constitutes an impeachable offense, or who thinks that where Obama is concerned, scratching his nose in the Oval Office ought to be sufficient, speaks.

Grow up, get a grip. And stop acting like it's a crime that he's even in office, because it's not. McCain and the MILF lost, accept it.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Quite a rant,does it offend you that much when someone disagrees,chill out slick,its just a piece of cloth..........right.

Hmmmm. It was not angry and rather short. How is that quite a rant? Maybe you are just very sensitive? Sorry if a couple sentence in response to disagree scares you. Perhaps a public forum is not the place for you then?

Some of us don't see it that way and would imagine most solders see the flag as a representation of there country for witch some die for.

It must be nice to sit around arguing about things based on what you imagine. I wish I could get myself to do that but silly reality always shows up and ruins it for me. Then again, you imagined two small chunks of text were a rant so your imagination sounds just fascinating. Unfortunately, I am not sure how many minds have been changed by the argument "well I imagine such and such so it must be true." Maybe you can cite an example for me?

If I had remembered one of your post about "Obama is prez,get over it" I would not have replyed to your comment,all you Obama bootlickers are like minded.I don't think you hate America,just use it for all its worth and complaine.

Yet here you are, remembering it, and responding to me. You actually got stars for that disjointed mess? If you had remembered something you actually name (obviously remembering it) you would not have replied to me (while replying to me and expressing knowledge of said memory.)

That makes sense.

As far as calling me a bootlicker, I guess you did not bother to read the thread then, did you? Obviously just reading the title was enough for you to imagine your own reality. How very nice for you.

Call me names based on your lack of knowledge all you like. It is kind of cute in a 3 legged pug kind of way.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR
[sarcasm]No flag , how dare he....more proof he's a islamofascismosocialcommieterrorist lover/sarcasm]

Seriously, this is just silly..... a non issue. It's just a piece of cloth...

Edit: impeachable offense ? LMAO....

[edit on 28-5-2010 by XyZeR]

Hmmm, that is exactly how the left want everyone to think. It's just a piece of cloth. We are a world united. We should have no borders. Blah blah blah.

NO my friend, it is NOT just a piece of cloth. It represents the blood shed and lives lost to establish this country and to maintain its freedom since.

You, being from 'Europa', obviously have no respect for your own nation. So please don't try to imply that Americans should simply turn away from this.

Impeachable? No. But definitely disrespectful. I have tried to defend my president because he is that. I will continue to defend him when I feel he is being unjustly accused. But this is wrong in every way.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg
Hmmm, that is exactly how the left want everyone to think. It's just a piece of cloth. We are a world united. We should have no borders. Blah blah blah.

Your quotes and evidence of that are overwhelming. So, you cannot have a country without worshiping your flag? Any country that does not practice such flag worship is apparently some 3rd world anarchist state of prehistorical chaos then?

NO my friend, it is NOT just a piece of cloth. It represents the blood shed and lives lost to establish this country and to maintain its freedom since.

Actually, if it represents something else then you are acknowledging it is just a piece of cloth. Really, there is no blood in it. I can rip one up, cut it with scissors. They burn easily too because that Chinese nylon goes up fast. Anything that represents anything does so because it is what it is - in this case a colored cloth.

America represents the blood shed and lives lost to blah blah blah. America simply being great is all the symbol it should ever have to be and that flag would be a symbol of pride in that. Instead what you seem to be doing is telling people that you know your product sucks but the logo means a lot so that is why it is still the best.

Try that in the American Free Market.

If America were all it wants to be and claims it is, you would not have to worry so much about worshiping a symbol of what it represents. You would be able to carry that flag as a badge of pride in your country. There is a difference.

Impeachable? No. But definitely disrespectful. I have tried to defend my president because he is that. I will continue to defend him when I feel he is being unjustly accused. But this is wrong in every way.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Infowars is running with this story now! Obama becomes the first US President to hold press conference without any American flags present

Here is yet another first for the “historic President.” One thing that few people noticed while Obama gave his press conference at the White House last week was missing. The American Flag! Progressive liberal’s can’t use the excuse of “lack of time in planning” because this press conference was known about nearly a week before it occurred.

Behind him was just yellow curtains, and a couple of gold columns with chandeliers, but no American flag! A poster at Free Republic researched and looked at all photos of many press conferences (not press briefings) of past presidents. What the poster found was Obama is the only President to not have an American Flag or flags standing proudly behind or off to the side.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The number of general inaccuracies, echo-chamber talking points and outright deceptions in that article are a good reminder why I don't bother reading anything that comes from that source anymore.

This is yellow journalism at it's worst.

If you want to make a point, fine. But please do it with facts.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627It is not a piece of cloth. You should be ashamed for saying so and should apologize to every person that has lost their life defending the right for our flag to fly.

The stars and stripes have come along way from their original hand-made creations. Both nylon and polyester fabrics are stitched into the alternating red and white stripes and embroidered white stars on the navy blue ground. Cotton is still used too and can be found stitched and embroidered with the official 13 stripes and 50 white stars. In some cases, manufacturers may use the embroidery or sewing services of other local companies to achieve the finished product. These pieces are collected and assembled in the manufacturer's own facilities and shipped from there to fulfill customers orders. Screen printed versions exist but are usually created for political or patriotic events where carrying a large flag would be cumbersome. What is the American flag made of?

It is cloth. It may be symbolic of something larger, but this constant indignation that its some holy relic is frustrating. A lot of them are made in Communist China, too.

Nothing better to honor my fallen grandfather with multiple tours during multiple wars than to take a Chinese-made, sweat-shop produced American flag and tout it around saying I love my country.

----

As for the rest, I'm sure if we really cared to look we would find press conferences given by other presidents where the flag was missing from view. I don't really care, I'm more concerned about the lies that come out of a politician's mouth than the props set up in the background, personally.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Reminds me of the weeks following 9/11. The store I was working at during that time began selling a lot of American flag products. One was a window sticker for cars that had an image of the flag, with the words "These Colors Don't Run" printed on it. Turns out, when it got wet, the colors did run. Made in China.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllexxisF1
Once again the right wing in this country will literally make crap up just so they can hate this the President just a little bit more.

Fools...you look like complete and utter fools.

Stop listening to right wing media they are literally rotting your brain.

I'm a conservative and I'd like to separate myself from the idiot birthers and all of the folks who like to make stuff up about Obama. I'm not one of them. As a matter of fact I frequently point the errors of some of these people who feel the need to fabricate information.

That being said, this man disgusts me. He isn't a proud American. He would rather take his 2nd vacation since the oil spill rather than place a wreath on the tomb of the unknown soldier. He never struck me as a man who was proud to be a part of the greatest country in the world. He's more concerned about pandering to foreign governments than showing respect to his home country.

I also think Obama and his wife are racists. I could prattle off a long string of comments and papers written but I won't.

I question his and her ethics. I wonder about their law licenses.

I see him as a person who thinks he's better than the rest of us.

I see his economic policies as failures.

He's a liar.

What he's done down here in Louisiana regarding the Deepwater Horizon is shameful.

He's turning America into a welfare state.

His policies are Marxist.

He's an American by birth but certainly not by action.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join