It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Hussein Obama - First Ever!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Thanks to whoever of you brought this gem to the table:

www.freerepublic.com...

Kind of hard to plagiarize something you have never seen before, but I did find it quite entertaining and enlightening, so once again thank you. As I have already stated somewhere amidst all of the bickering "I heard the local DJs in Houston (Walton and Jonson) talking about it. Sorry no original thought there.

I guess when it comes down to it I'm just a hopeless Patriot at heart and I won't apologize for that. I'm leaning towards an intentional omission of "Old Glory" from this event, but I don't know that for sure.

I'm just sorry that He did not seize upon this golden opportunity to belay the peoples fears and give them something to believe in with a show of American spirit - even if it was only a show.

George "Dubya" Bush (there I go with those middle names again) was no saint and I got no love for him but dammit I would have rather seen him waving the flag from ground zero than to see our President in this countries most dire time of need standing in front of a yellow (gold my butt) background and not displaying the common decency and decorum of having the flag present in the room 3 days before Memorial Day. Is this mans purpose in life to eliminate any and every symbol of this once great nation and to dash our hopes of it ever being again. I am one of the constituency, and I am not pleased and I have the right not to be and to voice that displeasure.

Thank you for your input, I found it both enlightening and entertaining if not occasionally "scary" - you know who you are. I have requested that this thread be closed. It cannot, but my interest and involvement in this thread is now complete.

Wave the damn flag

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

In your reply to my first post in this thread you stated that you thought the vets faught for freedom, helping people, etc, etc, and not for some piece of cloth made in China that most people have no idea of it's meaning anyway. My problem with your statements is this: You don't seem to realize that the flag represents all of the idealologies that I believe you and I seem to agree on. It represents the things that we have all serve in the military or other public services to protect. It is a symbol and as such stands for or symbolizes something. Granted, the majority of all the idealogies that our flag represent are dead or dying, but to dismis it as a piece of cloth with no meaning is vile. The idealologies and what the flag represents are the same. When you can grasp that then your outlook and opinion of that piece of cloth will change. I am aware that I am getting redundant here but I am trying to get the point across.
"What have you said that makes me believe you are unpatriotic?" Probably nothing. However, your reducing the flag to a piece of cloth made in China indicates to me that you have a flawed concept of our liberties and the price that was paid for them.
Does not being a veteran lessen your right to free speech as an American?
Absolutely not! But you have that right because of vets like me.
Yes, this is the internet and I can say anything I want pretty much anonymosly...but why? As of May 11 I am 54 years old. I've done 8 years in the USAF and 2 years in the Army. Why lie? Why would I try to impress you? I'm not planning on getting in the sack with you tonight. Currently, I'm a cop still sworn to uphold the Constitution. Again, its just what it is.
I doubt that I have answered all your questions so fire at will.
Seeashrink

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
OMG, you guys take everything too far. Obviously never research and attack anything and everything without a hint of intelligence from yourselves. He is NOT THE FIRST, wont be the last. The flag is nothing but a symbol, a banner.
IT IS ILLEGAL TO WEAR THE FLAG!!!!! How do you show respect for something by soiling it? Do it the American way, wear it as underwear!
The laws regarding the American flag state that there can only be certain ways to present it, certain sizes and never, ever be used in anyway other than to be hoisted on a visible and clean place. Oh by the way burning the flag is the only way to properly dispose of it so if somebody is burning it dont get mad, thank them for doing the right thing. I mean I rather they burn it than wear it, dirtying it.
Be real patriots and stop with the stupidity and learn something about this country. Most of you just speak with ignorance.
Here is another little 'secret', the flag has no official meaning, its colors nor its design, except for the stars and number of stripes. The colors are borrowed from the british flag (The Union Jack) by the way.
Oh and yeah we have no control and dont really own anything in this country. The federal government has the ability to take what is yours without asking. So if you think we are losing this country think again, we haven't own it in decades. Live with it or do something, bitching about it is not going to make you look good, so shut up with hate already.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by xatharon]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

So you want it closed because you don't want to admit you were dead wrong about "FIRST EVER"???? Right???

Either admit you are LYING or go debunk the pictures and videos that were posted.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by WWJFKD

George "Dubya" Bush (there I go with those middle names again) was no saint and I got no love for him but dammit I would have rather seen him waving the flag from ground zero than to see our President in this countries most dire time of need standing in front of a yellow (gold my butt) background

Ground Zero? You mean where the towers came down? If I remember correctly, that was a great tragedy. Can you tell me what Standing in the rubble waving a flag did to make anything better?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Barack Hussein Obama will be known as the first ever American President in the history of the modern marvel - the television - to give a press conference without the presence of the American flag.

Huh? So what's the big deal? Having a flag there achieves just what? More food on the table? Tax reductions? Employment generation? Health care for all?

C'mon, get real. There's no place for sentimentalities here. It's the issues that count for Chrissake! If having the flag at the conference would magically solve all of America's problems, then yes its a screw up of horrendous proportions. But obviously that's not the case.

So just chill!
And you got 70 flags so far for a no-flag conspiracy!! Sheeesh!

[edit on 29-5-2010 by OrionHunterX]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Since our govt regime operates in secrecy concerning our CIC's life, it is fitting that he doesnt have a flag at propaganda briefings. After all, no one can prove or disprove if he is even a US citizen. He sure doesnt act like it.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
You guys know there's a difference between patriotism and flag-waving, right?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Nationalistic symbols such as flags really are important.

As important as knickers, in fact.

Just like knickers, revered symbols are used as a cover up for a multitude of ugly arseholes.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I respect the office of President now just as I did during the Bush years, but Mr. Obama does not seem to.

He has shown us....just as they all do.

We are seeing it...just as we have before.

Let's understand it this time. Let's accept what we have, and look more carefully at these candidates next time around.

Maybe that is the best thing that could come out of all this. That we put up with it for less time than we did the Bush presidential era.

We can vote for a new President if we like. Yes, we can.

Happy Memorial Day, Vets and survivors of Vets. My husband is a vet from Vietnam, and it's one of the reasons I admire him so much. He went, he served, and he came back and has spent all that time trying to give, to live. Not an easy thing for any Vet, coming home, readjusting.

Some never make it, suicide, depression, illness, trauma take their toll on the ranks of survivors of war here.

We must embrace and honor them while we can.

What was Mr. Obama thinking? How could this possibly be an oversight?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
One lone column in the photo? No flags pictured at all?
I'm beginning to believe that they no longer care if we know that they have sacrificed all Americans & freedom lovers in all countries for a world agenda.
Time to put your seatbelts on folks. Seems we're approaching more turbulance.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

A statement like this shows(me anyway)you belive in nothing,the flag is a symbol of freedom to most Americans and we would like to think that the president is proud enough to want to display it.

This whole post is nothing more then a chance for America haters and foriegners to beat up on the U.S.How sad.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

George "Dubya" Bush (there I go with those middle names again)

His middle name isn't W. That is just an initial.
It's Walker.

- Lee

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
Ground Zero? You mean where the towers came down? If I remember correctly, that was a great tragedy. Can you tell me what Standing in the rubble waving a flag did to make anything better?

If I saw George Bush standing in the rubble that was the Twin Towers, waving an America flag I'd have choked on my coffee or died of embarrassment.

Sounds like someone has been watching too much local wrestling.

- Lee

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Don't forget that the letter 'W' is symbolic of the serpent.
Just think about CNN's logo, for starters.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This flag waving and labeling Barack Hussein Obama as being unpatriotic for not displaying the flag reminds me of a story of my Dads, when during NAZI Germany & WWII, whenever a leading Nazi came to/thru town , the town people would buy these little paper Nazi flags and adorn their homes with them.

If you did not, you were not supportive of the Party ! Which was very very Bad and might bring you a visit by the Gestapo !

So my Dad was tasked with buying the Nazi flags and adorning their home for hear of the repercussions !

And finally this quote by Hermann Goering :

“Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.” -- Hermann Goering

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

All gave some, Some gave all...

They don't need or desire your honor Sir. It was an honor doing it.

I know it's not fashionable any longer to talk about honor, but your statements really hit me where I live.

reply to post by XyZeR

I agree that it's not an impeachable offense. Probably not an offense at all. But............... "just a piece of cloth?" That's probably one of the most sorrowful statements I've read here in the last month, in my opinion.

Well, it meant a hell of a lot to those who fought and were wounded, lives changed, even died for it. Bury me on the lonesome hill with all the other dinosaurs who believe in honor and patriotism; our time is clearly over.

It's your ball now -- a new nation, presumably with new symbology that you all can identify with and feel proud of.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by WWJFKD

So you want it closed because you don't want to admit you were dead wrong about "FIRST EVER"???? Right???

Either admit you are LYING or go debunk the pictures and videos that were posted.

It's likely the OP just assumed this story to be a fact and copied it from a less reputable partisan site or forum without doing any level of personal research into the issue.

It's the same with chain mail that on the surface seems plausible even if a bit outlandish, and the receivers simply accept it as fact and spread the rumors and lies even further.

There are those of course that don't care if the story is proven false as long as the damage is done and will be on to promote the next political rumor ASAP!

Partisan lies, poor research, or simply a lackadaisical approach to presenting information to the viewers of ATS, there is no way this should have gotten that many flags around a place like this if a simple search can easily disprove this shoddy rumor.

The claim is patently false.
If it were true, it still would be a non-issue.

DENY IGNORANCE.

- Lee

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WWJFKD.
George "Dubya" Bush (there I go with those middle names again) was no saint and I got no love for him but dammit I would have rather seen him waving the flag from ground zero than to see our President in this countries most dire time of need standing in front of a yellow (gold my butt) background and not displaying the common decency and decorum of having the flag present in the room 3 days before Memorial Day. Is this mans purpose in life to eliminate any and every symbol of this once great nation and to dash our hopes of it ever being again. I am one of the constituency, and I am not pleased and I have the right not to be and to voice that displeasure.
OMG! You're right, I can't believe the President didn't have a flag during a press conference three days before Memorial Day, because we all know, that three days before Memorial Day, is actually Memorial Day.
I'm just glad, like you, that my stupid mother would tell me happy birthday three days before my actual birthday, and if I didn't receive my gifts exactly three days before my actual birthday, than I would scorn her, in fears that she forgot about my birthday that was coming up in three days from then. Oh man, I'm so happy, that I finally have met someone who see things for what they are, and exactly three days before we're supposed to see them!

And on another note, I want the President to show some decency, and take off the satanic pentagram that he has on his jacket, and replace it with an American flag like he's supposed too.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by TravisT]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

This is truly scary to see the president disrespect our fighting forces in this manner. It sort of makes me wonder how deep his resentment of our troops really goes. Maybe I find this so shocking because I like the president. What I don't like is his politics.

But I'm sure that I'll like him even better when he's forced to move to the right after his party is decimated in the November elections.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join