It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof Ouija Board are a NOVELTY item!!!nothing more.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
i just thought of something i thought id say, when it comes to things of religious superstitous nature and your trying to debunk it, believers will not budge an inch theres jsut no way to change their minds
it brings you the kind of joy that makes you want to stick a fork in your eye

but i did enjoy this thread great job

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

I think you had better read posts more carefully, I never stated that "my buddy" was using it with us. And what holes in my story did you derive from my own opinion? Enough negativity hit me that year to convince me that using a Ouija board is not for me. If my opinion makes me a troll, so be it. Peace

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
People know not what they do when they dabble in the occult, even innocently. By doing such they open themselves up to many spiritual dangers that normally would never occur, one of which is demon possession. Such has been linked to the Ouija board:

Some demonologists say the Ouija opens the door to possession by evil spirits ....

Some evil spirits first contacted by the Ouija board has led to a deeper involvement and bondage in the occult.

This dangerous occulic device not only can lead to demon possession, but even eternal damnation in the lake of fire. Remember what God says about those that practice the magic arts, even if under the guise of a harmless game for entertainment purposes:

Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD, and because of these detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you (Deut.18:12).

Anyone means anyone, even a person previously saved.

Have NOTHING to do with the occult or Spiritism in any form. Do NOT dabble with what God has expressly forbidden. If you already have, pray a sincere prayer to God asking Him to forgive you for your grievous sins. Also pray a prayer of renunciation, that is, renouncing this and all involvement in the occult. If you already own an Ouija board, remove it from your house and burn it publicly. This is how some first-century sorcerers treated their scrolls and thereby proved their repentance toward God:

A number who had practiced sorcery brought their scrolls together and burned them publicly. When they calculated the value of the scrolls, the total came to fifty thousand drachmas (Acts 19:19).

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
figured i would like to show proof it's nothing but a board game.

It doesn't matter. You can draw out an alphabet in a circle and use a pendulum made from the leg of an old Spider-Man action figure and it will still work just as well. The mystical magical stuff comes through the user, not the board or the pendulum or whatever. And as long as you have the intention, that's all that matters.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
If a Ouija board moved WITHOUT human influence or trickery it might actually mean something but with the human variable attached to it anything that is spelled out is entirely NORMAL not paranormal.

That's just a matter of semantics. Actually, for thousands of years, conversing in some form or another with disembodied spirits or the dead was considered to be perfectly normal. It's just something that requires a human connection. Like a battery in a circuit. You don't expect a little MP3 player to work without a battery, either. Now that would really be paranormal!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I haven't read the entire thread yet, but wanted to share my view on the OP. Whereas it is entirely true the Ouija was invented and marketed as a novelty item, to say that it is nothing more is foolish. ANY mechanism can be employed when comminucating with spirits or demons. It is more about WHO is attempting to communicate and their MIND SET when attempting to do so. The PERSON becomes the conduit through which an entity communicates and the Ouija becomes the mechanism. By the same token it could be a chalk board, automatic writing etc... THAT is what makes communicating with spirit entities so dangerous - that you must allow that entity to pass through YOU in order to make contact. In doing so, one makes themselves susceptible to demon possession or persistent hauntings. This practice is best left to trained spiritual mediums who know and understand the inherent risks and dangers associated with such activities and possess enough spiritual strength to keep themselves clean through the process. NOT a bunch of innocent children sitting at a kitchen table with a Ouija board.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
Because I can inadvertently, sometimes even SUBCONSCIOUSLY effect the result of this experiment it cannot be used to determine whether something paranormal is taking place and in my opinion anyone claiming the paranormal is involved is BSing themselves and others.

Well, I'm glad you have such a mechanistic view and understanding of the subconscious, what it really is and how it really works, because you're the only person I ever found who does. So tell us, what exactly is the "subconscious," and what are all the factors that affect it? What causes us to think of some things at some times, but not others? Random neural activity, arising from quantum fluctuations in neurons? Any proof of this "random" activity?

Like I said in my other reply, I think it's a bit of a misnomer for work with OUIJA boards or other things to be called "paranormal." Because it seems to me to be perfectly normal.

The only thing it lacks for better scientific explanation is a good theory on how a consciousness can exist without a body within an electromagnetic field, and how it might influence someone's conscious or subconscious mind. And all that would seem to require is some good science be conducted that would allow for all the variables (if possible).

Even so, if we're dealing here with natural but as yet undetected types of fields, the answers might temporarily elude us. But like with all good science, you have to start somewhere -- usually a vague notion you form into a theory.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DemonSpeedN

well he failed, because if satan wants me to think its just a novelty item, why bother buying it and wasting my time with it

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I have only skipped throught this thread but for what it's worth, untill you are sitting there, with no one else, and the board responds you will never know the truth.

I have said before on ATS, for me, it fells like there is a magnet below the board pulling it. It also seems that the further you resist, or over exagerate the movement, the more "magnetic" power there is to keep the pointer travelling where it wants to go.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I myself am totaly into the paranormal except I have a little quork? Ihave yet to experience "anything there for I cannot truly believe. But anyway the closest thing I did expierence was on a ouija board, I was messing with it with my cousin I thought he was moving it and as he took his hands off foe split second I felt a pull on it

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I haven't put much thought into it, but I would imagine that the "power" of the board comes not from the board itself, but from the power of thought - the person using it. In other words, they might as well use a paper plate with crayon marking on it, the result is the same if its the power of the mind, whether it is a placebo effect, suggestion, or some quantum effect.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
i have never said paranormal stuff doesn't happen.
but you have the same amount of luck drinking a cup of coffee and counting the coffee grounds left in the bottom..cause a demon was trying to tell us something.

or McDonald crossword puzzles on the happy meals if you move over 4 top down 6 it tell's the future.

fact is most folk's unwillingly cause the outcome due to there reflex's or motor skill's..
with the plum bob and Ouija board.

i cut my beard off today 5 black hair's & 2 grey fell in the shape of a triangle
on the sink.
i said omg the spirits are talking to me..what could it be trying to say???
see my point?
if not i can't help anyone on this subject

[edit on 4-6-2010 by TheAmused]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

OK I have understood the idea of the ideomotor effect for several years but what does it mean in reality? What lies within the unconscious? Now for me reading Jung and discussions with Jungian analysts indicate that our subconscious may have a lot of strange aspects of ourselves. Ouija boards like seances seen to yield a lotof rubbish but some can be very insightful and accurate.

Jung also indicated that there is some kind of interconnection between people. Put all of these together and then and only then you are moving towards a full explanation for the Ouija board's movement.

Anyway Thanks for the exploding head syndrome effect. I have experienced it a few times and wondered what was going on.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I agree that the board itself isn't the issue, it's the intent.

Years ago, my brother, a friend, and myself used one to contact whatever I thought was in a rented house. It took a couple minutes for it to start working and we were laughing trying to figure out who was pushing it. First experience wasn't bad.

A couple hours later it was a complete different experience. The planchette was moving so fast that one of us had to write down the letters, it was too hard to make any words out of it as letters were spelled out. When the question was answered, we would put in slash marks to divide out the words. Although, it stated it was a different spirit, I don't think so. Up to that point, I've never encountered anything with so much hate. I will never forget when it spelled out I COULD KILL YOU ALL NOW. Still gives me shivers.

There's more to the story but it brings back some bad memories. Using the board only aggravated the situation that was going on.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I was never a believer in the spirit board and the paranormal. But one nyte whilst using it with my mother and aunt it changed my views on everything. first i thought my mum or aunt was pushing this piece of glass round the board until they left only me on the circle. with two fingers planted lightly on the glass circle it slid across the board. man was i freaked. what was strange was one nyte this spirit asked everyone else to leave the room but me. we asked it why and it said it wanted my soul. asking how it would get my soul, it told me i would die in a plane crash, in the ocean around my 18th birthday. well at that time i was doing flying training over some part of the ocean and it was coming up 2 my 18th. well i never flew round my 18th birthday of course, i didn't want to take any risks. i'm flying again now but. so i don't know how it all worked. i do believe in spirits and demons and aliens etc. just because we can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. some people have said that it might have to do with brain power stuff. you know, hearing what you want to hear. whatever it was i plan to stay off the spirit board for a while. probably a good thing.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Ouija boards work but you have to be specific, and know what you're doing. The more powerful the spirit, the less the rules... For some people it doesn't work but that's because they don't know some of the rules:

more than 1 person.
everyone must touch on the planchette.
done at night (the sun drains energy, the moon enhances)
know who you want to talk too.
don't use a glass as a planchette, that's insulting to spirits.
don't scream laugh or run away once the planchette starts moving, that's also insulting.
if the planchette doesnt move then either A. you're doing something wrong or B. they don't take your intentions seriously.

Let me tell you a story, and you can take it as a fact or not believe it at all:

30 yrs ago my family (aunt, cousins, dad, uncle. there were 9 people, everyone had one finger on the planchette. if someone let go, the planchette would stop and not work) they played with the ouija board because they didnt believe in spirits and thought it as a joke, a fun game to pass the time.
the entity told them about the murder of a young boy and how his body is buried in the wall of a well with the murder weapon in FL and the killer's name is ******. it also gave the address.
after the game, one of my cousins called 411 got the phone # to the address and called it. the person with the killers surname answered. she hung up before he could say anything esle. no one said anything about the oiuja board since.
20 yrs later my family moved to H.C. FL... across from the old, run down well that's on the property owned by the the family of the killer. they know it's the well because they still have the address the spirit gave them from 20 years ago.
my family wont tell me anything else about it except that they don't know if the killer was ever caught. they still have the ouija board, it's collecting dust in my uncle's closet. the reason they didn't get rid of the board is because of superstition.

The best way to make sure yourself if ouija boards work or not is to buy a ouija board and try it out.

just.. know what you're doing.

[EDITED: for spelling errors.]

[edit on 7/17/10 by ohsnaptruth]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join