It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof Ouija Board are a NOVELTY item!!!nothing more.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Ok, first off, i havent read the whole thread as i couldnt make it past the first sentence of mis information.

There are store bought spirit/Ouija boards, and there are those MADE by the ones intending on using it..you should be very aware that these are very very different. The ones bought in the stores now since the 1800s i believe, have been known to throw energies and things a bit off, and some may have contacted entities through them, but they are more for parties than actual Magick use.. The 'original' maker of the 'game' that hit shelves decades ago swiped the entire idea from ancient Paganisitic ways of communicating with the deceased, and for divining but Pythagoras is often credited with the making of the first known boards estimated to have done so in the mid 500s BCE , but in the 1800-1900s, it came into the spot light more so in the paranormal craze of that time, and often called a 'Talking Board' The sun and moon giving the user some control over the entity contacting a person through the board. (one allows the spirit to 'see' and the other to 'smell' There is a lot of information about the device, and many a different theory, but thats what i have pieced together over the years.. not really sure if anyone knows its basis, but a game it isnt. and to pass it off as lightly as the (now completely read artical) seems to in some ways isnt a good idea IMO. But there is certainly a world of difference between a store purchased set and a set made with ones own energies and intent.. there is so many myths and so much silliness surrounding it it gets aggrivating. Also that in personal experience using both kinds of boards, the difference is very easy to notice, and events surrounding the use of both, but especially so with the one we made. and all i will really say is that i know what took place, i know what a toy they are not, and this was at a time before i had any expectations really, and didnt know what was going to happen if anything at all.. and yes, it was a sober night, etc etc..

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

My suggestion is try it a few times, properly, and see if anything happens.

After all, if you want proof, which you don't have, you have to try.

But I would suggest don't try it.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

Yes it is better not to try these methods of summoning spirits and demons. I dont know if these exist as the same as ghosts or demons but surely it has some energy which is negative by nature and it is better not to try summoning. I myself have suffering because of summoning demons. It is very strange thing for one to happen and it is a depressing factor and destroyer of our peace. So it will be better to try shamanism or wicca i guess.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I don't think some of you quite grasp the supposed use of the Oija board. The supposed communication with the dead comes from opening one's mind, or group conscience if there are multiple users, to whatever may wish to make contact.
The board is simply a medium to spell out words. It really is not much different that automatic writing, where the paper and pen is nothing special but it is integral in the experience/phenomenon. You could leave the board sitting there for years and nothing will happen because the board is not what facilitates the experience. It is the human mind which "makes contact".
The reason some feel it is dangerous is because you cannot control what you make contact with. For the record, I am on the fence about the whole thing. The way I see it, just as I don't want to stick a key into an electrical outlet to see what happens, I'll stay away from trying to "summon the dead" with a Oija board just in case.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
But you haven't shown 'proof' of anything

All you've done is paste the origins of commercially retailed ouija boards

and pasted some more about fake 'spirit photography'

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Dock9]

@OP, unfortunately Dock9 is right. You proved nothing, give me my 1 minute back.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bagari

Personally, yes, i get that loud and clear
hence its a divining tool..if the mind set isnt 'together' enough so to say, it can cause problems, clear and open minds are always the best and main receptors to our every day existance, but that isnt to say its a good thing all the time..

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by bagari

I have stated that my complaints about the board are mainly directed at those who claim it is dangerous

However I do object to the idea of it being the people's open-minded consciousness effecting whether the board works. As I stated in my earlier posts when someone sits down with the notion that the paranormal is about to take place and the desire to have it happen they can inadvertently effect the results of the experiment.

Their open-minded gullibility might cause them to consciously or subconsciously move the pointer. If they are doing it subconsciously, particularly via the ideomotor effect, they might, in their open-minded state, falsely assume they are not moving it at all or that there is something paranormal going on.

Therein lies the problem, a human being is touching the pointer so IF the pointer does move than claiming spirits influenced the person is as silly as claiming that Goblins cause it. Basically it is stretching for a paranormal explanation when a perfectly good perfectly normal one is readily available and applicable. That is not to say that spirits, if they even exist, could never influence the results but merely that the presence of the human variable does not allow for us to say one way or the other whether spirits were involved.

It is no different from me pushing a rock and claiming that spirits influenced me to push the rock in a certain direction or me holding a finger over my keyboard demanding that any spirits nearby cause my fingers to type a message - Because I can inadvertently, sometimes even SUBCONSCIOUSLY effect the result of this experiment it cannot be used to determine whether something paranormal is taking place and in my opinion anyone claiming the paranormal is involved is BSing themselves and others.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I have never used one to date, and do not plan to use one anytime in the future.

I understand what you are saying, that someone created these boards how can they really truely work? That is like saying a Monopoly board can be used to summon spirits or what not.

However, magick is based on a belief system and the will to actually want it to truely happen. It's what Voodoo Dolls and Sigils are based on, so why can't the Ouiji board be the same?

The board may hold no 'magical' properties, may be made out of wood, plastic or metal. However, it is the intent of the users that could cause things to happen.

We do not know everything about our species, our planet, let alone the universe and how it truely works.

/edit: I do apologise didn't read the whole thread, but the poster above me actually explains it nicely also.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by UniToxic]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I agree with everything you said and wasn't specifically speaking to you in my earlier post (mistakenly hit the reply to you button). I agree, there is nothing evil about the board itself and is susceptible to conscious or unconscious manipulation.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
and you should have no fear of monopoly nor a Ouija Board.

this is true.
& we should fear nothing!

HOWEVER, the power of spirit, no matter it's character or personality lies NOT in the limits of material creations.

spirit creates matter.
matter does not create, or control, spirit!

and that is the TRUE end of story.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

lol i get bored waiting..i am the guy that always moves it for others lol
cause IT'S FAKE!!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
ok what about my kid's cross word coloring book with letters can a ghost talk to me threw it?
if i use a plum bob
Apparently so now a days.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
That didn't prove anything at all except that is has been commercialized to gain money like everything else in this country.If you've seen what I have seen, you wouldn't doubt.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
And another thing...a door won't open by its self you have to turn the handle and pull...that's for the doubters

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
And as far as the the board being good or evil topic goes...the board to me is a door what comes through that door is not up to you and also a spirit(or whatever it is) from another place probably has a reason for coming through not just for kicks or a conversation with a stranger...that's from experience

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Pendulum Dowsing

Dowsers have been known to talk to spirits. I believe the Bible condemns the practice, but I do not know exactly where in the Bible this occurs.

[edit on 5-29-2010 by groingrinder]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Pendulum Dowsing

There is something screwed up about the edit post function here. It never seems to get things right and I always have to make a new post anyways.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Try number three to insert a simple link to Google search using the term Pendulum Dowsing. Maybe it will work this time.

Pendulum Dowsing

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Ok let's try one specific web page instead of Gooogle Search.

Crossing my fingers.

Pendulum Dowsing

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I remember getting one of the parker brother's boards in the late 60's and it kind of freaked me out a bit just by studying the board and how it appeared... we tried it one night and everyone felt a little bit strange and I remember feeling like something wasn't good about it, so everyone stopped playing around with it and then people were in lots of news stories about having bad experiences using them, there were lots of little news articles coming out every few weeks about some odd thing, all around the USA and Canada, and probably other places and in most of those were being revealed that someone was experiencing some sort of paranormal or negative activity from it.. I am just remembering from the late 60's and early 70's what happened and when we started hearing these things we tossed that board in the garbage... We had a fireplace, but I really can't remember if we tossed it out or tossed it in the fire...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join