It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Top kill’ stops oil leak says US Admiral...(Maybe?)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Midnight Flyer

something stinks they were told to hold that permit up.

What a disturbing and telling video.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I had the same thought.

I assume the 'top hat' would have allowed them to continue to draw oil and gas from the well. In other words, their priority was still not fully the termination of the flow.

They should rot in hell for that.

Yes, something stinks, that video should be front page news.

It is just heartbreaking.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Not that I trust BP....but, I have seen interviews w/ experts not associated w/ BP that say that the interventions tried were in order of surety of safety. In other words, as we have discussed here on ATS, the 'top kill' could actually have made things worse, whereas the earlier interventions, while not successful, did not have the chance of exacerbating the horror.

Right now, the pressure is going down as the dense mud mixture bears down against the upward pressure of the crude and gas (it is brown mud we are seeing on the feeds). Once the pressure is equalized, they will pump cement down, and cap the well head, god freaking willing.

For the future: The only real proven remedy is the drilling of a relief well (this takes months as we all know). I heard that Canada, I think, requires that a relief well be in place BEFORE a well is operational, so that if a blow-out occurs, the proven remedy is ready to go. Let's hope obama comes down hard and puts these types of strict regulations in place before the moratorium is lifted.

Let's hope that this becomes a 9/11 moment (in the conventional sense that our eyes are opened to the reality of the dangers of drilling, and the fact that big oil really cannot be trusted as though they are benevolent neutral experts). Just like before 9/11 where some warned of the terrorist threat, many progressives correctly noted the potential for disaster due to the collusion of the regulators w/ big oil. Now reality can hopefully go a bit more mainstream, and Obama will have the public behind him to get tough w/o the imbecilic backlash from the 'drill baby drill' dolts.

Best,
SN

[edit on 5/27/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by newBodyoldSoul

L A Times reporter - Jim Tankersley .

Chicago Tribune reporter - Jim Tankersley .

Has anyone found any other source other than JT who is reporting this claim ?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil
reply to post by Aggie Man

I heard a report saying that it is MUD you see still coming out.

OH NO! They say report is premature!

Thank you MSM.

I thought it might be mud...but that means that "something" is pushing that mud out....that something is the flow of the oil!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
What you talking bout Willis?
That is an awful lot of pressure that needs to be stopped.
Am I hopeful? Oh yes 100%
Will this take more than mud?

Me thinks Hell yes!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Ok the ROV has just settled back into its original position and the leak looks much more ferocious and the pressure seems to have gained some. I dislike being a fear monger so if a fellow forumite could agree or not that this leaks suddenly looks much more angry and violent than earlier I would be most appreciative?

Note: I want to be wrong!

Live feed

[edit on 27-5-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I know what you mean, but the view we have distorts things. I think they are pumping the drilling mud directly into the well head via the blowout preventer. It is pumped at a very high rate, and some of that mass gets pushed out through the riser (that we are looking at on the live feed) in addition to going into the actual well. I believe this is why the drilling mud appears so ferocious from our point of view.

Best,
SN

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/775f82578c90.png[/atsimg]

I really hope this "top kill" will work!!

[edit on 27/5/10 by sandri_90]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

You are right. I believe I will reserve judgment for a couple of days to see if the flow of anything stops completely. Last thing I want to do is speculate or come across as a fearmonger.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Saw this on Twitter BNO earlier

Scientists say Gulf well is leaking at least twice as much oil, possibly 5 times as much as earlier estimates. http://(link tracking not allowed)/cSOLq5

...no sh-t sherlock, we've known this on ATS for at least a week now. Some people really need to pull their fingers out their a// and stop thinking about the monetary costs for once.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

You are right. I believe I will reserve judgment for a couple of days to see if the flow of anything stops completely. Last thing I want to do is speculate or come across as a fearmonger.

Yeah, that's all we can do. It's hard to not fear-monger to some degree, as this is such a horrific thing, however the continued stream of 'sea-floor collapse, or North Korea torpedoed the well, or Greenpeace did it, or Tampa is being evacuated, or the national guard is being mobilized to take everyone to FEMA camps, or the oil spill is referenced in the bible as a sign of Armageddon, or Obama did it to get cap and trade passed, or BP did it to pump up crude prices, or solar flares did it, or it is a sign of niburu and 2012, or this is an excuse to use a nuclear weapon to cause fall-out which will lead to martial law, and on and on and on' really detracts and distracts from the cold hard rational way in which this is a disaster that MUST be learned from.

Clearly, it seems to me, that this is the make or break moment, and we will know in a couple of days if it works. If not, I expect Obama to justify having the military takeover the operation, as that would be the normal course of things. Honestly, though, the relief well is the only real 100% remedy, and that takes time. It is frustrating, but there isn't much we can do but become more aware for the future. I demand and expect Obama, as my President, to come down hard, make some heads roll, and really make progressive changes once the well is capped.

Best,
SN

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Yes your right and what really pisses me off is the fact that Obama is now going to make a speech and appease the sleeping sheeple and like always they will fall for it and praise him. It makes me want to stand and scream WAKE UP AMERICA!! YOU ARE BEING LIED TO!!! but alas it will do no good, I would just be labelled a loon and a trouble maker, until one day the sleeping masses wake up........

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Just heard, some success, earlier report were incorrect.

two lines

[edit on 093131p://bThursday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts

Originally posted by Aggie Man

I demand and expect Obama, as my President, to come down hard, make some heads roll, and really make progressive changes once the well is capped.

LOL, Obama just, this moment, fired the woman who was the head of Mineral Management Services (the regulatory agency for drilling).

I hope this is a sign that the whitehouse has info. that the top-kill is going to be successful. It would seem possibly so, as this would be a reactive move, showing that things are moving to the next phase of sorting out who and what are responsible and then moving forward w/ the type of stuff I previously mentioned to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Best,
SN

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Man, if true my family and I will be dancing on Clearwater Beach this weekend (we live 5 miles from it). I am getting married on the beach June 16 and the waters here are a big part of our lives.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Given the nature of the strata through which the well was drilled I am not relaxing one bit until the concrete has cured and all is well for a few weeks.
Hopefully the cap mud will be fully tested unlike the production collar....
N.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Heres a feed.

www.energyboom.com...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Greetings Nano-Earthlings... I mean that in a loving way. (Repeat)

Sorry to burst your prozac bubble, but the truth can be scary but it does set you free.
What if this whole thing is some kind of Biblical stuff??... Ok, I know what your thinking... Right what scientific proof do you have, if I can't see it or touch it and Eat it it does not exist that's what the Science Gods say right? What about Helen Keller('
') O know did he just bring in Helen Keller?

But what if it has something to do with the 7 seals and vials? did anyone see the signs? But wait you say what about time lines like wormwood and this other thing is first before this thing... No silly, there's no time in Heaven. I know who really believes in this stuff that was printed on the book of dead trees... would there be the word of God without money to print the book or internet access?...('
') Satan believes in the true God more than any of you he also knows the word of God like his real name.('
') it also says you shall not know the time and it will come like a thief in the night... Right? silly children of God... we are all just Nano-Cells on a larger cell called Earth inside Gods great Body... WOW what Earth planet does he live on? must be bigger then our.('
')

Maybe The bible was really created by the Nephilim about 388,000,000 Earth years ago(but they are post Human and age-less), and Voice to Skull technology was around when Moses was hearing the voice of some God in his head and the synthetic Bio-cell was also already perfected by the Fallen ones not Mr V who they gave a bone to and said... here say you invented this(not the Movie but it did come first before Hollywood sanitized it) Just ask the real Men in Black at area 51 and S-4 surely they must have some Secret reverse engineered ET UFO technology to stop the silly little pipe leak... maybe a time bubble... I don't understand right... why would they let this Oil thing happen they know how beyond Human comprehension-devastating this is to the world... Right? but let main stream prozac dead head news try to help the cattle wrap there heads around it(give them a chart). Or maybe there hands are tied at the wizard of OZ underground place that doesn't really exist, but to release them from Accountability('
')maybe this is like a Lemuria asteroid sign from God thing, and they must let it happen(Gods will)... things that make you go... Hummm!

No... Ok... I will just wait for the Mr President O-Man hope pill to fix this silly Oil leak(I understand it is tragic to life and Money for the Vessel you dwell in and sorry for that to the ones who are not Awake yet), Continuance from leak... But he would have to wear a mask and that would mess up his High definition make up and lipstick not only that... God forbid let the people know how bad the toxic air is. I guess that's why Kosher made the best cattle slaughter house lines in the business so as not to put Fear into the meat (Research crude oil toxic effects), but that's not fair and gives no chance to the blind... IN THE TIME OF THE END AND THE BEGINNING OF THE NEW THE TRUTH AND THE WICKED MUST BE REVEALED... GOD'S LAW NOT MINE.

Remember you can only enter the Kingdom of heaven as child like in nature.('
')

But there must be judgment and Satan is only doing his JOB as in the book of... so don't hate him for being good at it he choose to do it, someone does(YIN/YANG),('
') if you do hate... than you lose because you hate one of Gods perfect creations.('
')

In the mean time if anyone really reads this because I know I really have no fancy side graphic photo to get your attention(Satan has the power of the AIR... no, Airways revised, Sat, media,Tv, etc.) or great poetic verbage babel and even my writing skills suck, so how can i stand out from the ATS crowd... Look up C.Larkin THE UNDERWORLD and see if it makes sense to all who choose to see.

May Peace we with us all... the greatest treasure in the Quantum universe.

Mr. X

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I am so glad the BP held out long enough to get two more so called, "relief wells" set up and ready to start drilling into the same oil reserve.
Soon people will begin to forget just how dangerous a situation this was. The politicians will get their pound of flesh in the way of fines and then it will be back to "business as usual."

When all this blows over BP will be right back, tapping the enormous oil reserve. Never let a good crisis go to waste I guess.

It will be interesting to monitor the future donations BP makes to US politicians. Those politicians will be standing in line with their hands out like greedy little children on Halloween, secretly promising to go to bat for BP when they get a chance.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join