It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Top kill’ stops oil leak says US Admiral...(Maybe?)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Supposedly what we're seeing is the mud still spewing out. They can't stop until the pressure is zero, so mud HAS to keep flowing. I pray to God this works.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I heard a report saying that it is MUD you see still coming out.

OH NO! They say report is premature!

Thank you MSM.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Please don’t think I am just habitually paranoid (because you would be right) but I find it highly suspicious that the Admiral would say this and then the live feed that has been running in a small window on the corner window of my laptop all day would suddenly just go dead.

Mmm, I wonder if this suddenly dead live-feed it is related to the “mission accomplished” in any way. I think I could be forgiven for thinking it is related because there had been no lag, no interruptions and no discernible reduction on oil flow (that I saw) in the whole many hours that I had the small life feed running.

Suddenly... Cut off minutes after I read this thread screams to me that something stinks, someone is trying to manipulate the facts or it is simply just a glitch in electrical wiring that has disconnected the life feed as this news story breaks - not buying it.

*EDIT*

Feed is back online - ROV is moving though what looks like gritty mist.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
They just killed the link that has all of the different cams streeming on the same page. Everyone on here is right, it was still blowing, the question is if it was mud or oil.

Based on BP's history of lying to us about everything, does anyone else think that this is BS? Personally, I think they are going to claim victory, and then it is going to get worse within 1-2 days. Since the Fed's are partnered with BP so much now, BP can share the liability with the FED, minimizing their own risk. Any bets that it will get worse? Maybe a complete ocean floor rupture?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Just saw a NEWS ALERT, basically saying that the announcement may have been a case of premature exhilaration..

Still hoping that this succeeds, but I guess we are in Hold the phone mode..

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
CNN cut the multi feed momentarily. It's back up, but I'll be keeping a keen eye on it since they made this announcement. My gut doesn't have a good feeling about this though, we'll see.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
FOX News just reported the White House says the report of the leak being stopped is PREMATURE.

May want to change title of thread now...

Admiral has head up... well, you know.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FearNoEvil

"Admiral Attemts to Soothe the masses, fails."

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I honestly wouldn't put too much into anything Thad Allen says. This whole situation has been marred with lies, ignorance, bribes, dirty politics, and half-truths from day one.

Until we get an independently owned ROV down there (((possibly off some of the science vessels around there that BP would NEVER allow to check the flow rates since this began))) to confirm the leaks have stopped, there's no reason to believe the coast guard, or especially BP in the matter after the things they've done.

I'm sure some might have already seen this, but this was Billy Nungesser, president of Plaquemines Parish on May 23

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Looks like it is getting worse on the live feed

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
main news story says they wont know if it worked till later today,
but I wont clam victory untill saterday at earlest my self .
this stuff could easly be eating away from underneith

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The mud BP is using is twice heavy compare to water. don't you think after a while, mud should settle down on the surface rather than keep going up after coming out from leak? They can check ROV cam to check if mud is getting settled on surface to confirm it.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontbealala
Looks like it is getting worse on the live feed

I noticed that too but I assumed it was either my eyes playing subjective tricks on me or that it was mud overflow for the "top-kill" attempt.

I hope it is just injected mud and not a sign of things getting even worse.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Since there appears to be some uncertainty with the report, I've changed the thread title to reflect this.

Hopefully the originally headline holds.

*Crossing fingers*

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Why didn't they do this in the first place?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Hi ATS. Just joined to post a link to this news article. I saw it in the evening and just started wondering - since "ALL 125 commercial fishing boats helping oil recovery efforts off Louisiana's Breton Sound area have been recalled" wouldn't BP workers also need to be called back? That would mean that all the people working on and directing the Top Kill operating would be called off as well and Top Kill would be stopped. Or BP workers just have a natural protection against these fumes? Didn't see it anywhere else, but just makes me wonder. Probably nothing, but just food for thought

www.news.com.au...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I had the same thought.

I assume the 'top hat' would have allowed them to continue to draw oil and gas from the well. In other words, their priority was still not fully the termination of the flow.

They should rot in hell for that.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Odd that the Chicago Tribune is the only source making this claim , as far as I can tell .

Everything else I'm seeing says it is too soon to tell .

Sounds like Tribune was just trying to be the 'first up' on a story that has not been verified yet .

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
LA TIMES

I read it in the LA Times this morning. I thought that was the "original" source that everyone else ran with.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Evgeny_AU

I know people working on these fishing boats. A lot of them are just your basic redneck fishermen, shrimpers, oyster harvesters, etc. They weren't issued any protective equipment, and they signed waivers of liability. It is probably the Benzene smell getting to some of the guys. Odd though, because these guys have iron stomachs!! They don't get nausea easily.

Anyhow, I am sure the guys working the topkill procedure have all the necessary equipment, training, and experience to continue working in adverse conditions. The fishermen are just fishermen trying to protect their livelihood and neighborhood.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join