It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Top kill’ stops oil leak says US Admiral...(Maybe?)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

They really need to stop this.

"27/05/2010 - 18:29:30
Marine scientists have discovered a massive new plume of what they believe to be oil deep beneath the Gulf of Mexico, stretching 22 miles (35km) from the leaking wellhead north-east towards Mobile Bay, Alabama.

The discovery by researchers on the University of South Florida College of Marine Science’s Weatherbird II vessel is the second significant undersea plume recorded since the Deepwater Horizon exploded on April 20.

The thick plume was detected just beneath the surface down to about 3,300ft (1,000m), and is more than 6 miles (9.6km) wide, said David Hollander, associate professor of chemical oceanography at the school."

source

www.breakingnews.ie...

I just read about this, will someone tell me what it means, I am not sure I understand.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I cant believe they waited so long to try different methods. Red Tape? Financial conspiracy? Catalyst for war? Or a population control conspiracy.........
But worst in history?
I think that the US may be adding to the collection because i think that if its gospel that they are expectiong an increase of hurricanes and tornados, then imagine the devastation when oil and the dispersants are thrown into the equation? Everything is effected. Literally.
People will die here because when i say everything thats everything that is essential to all life is effected
I came across this link, different disaster but could the outcome be the same?
www.independent.co.uk...

Oil leak+ dispersants+hurricanes= ???

[edit on 27-5-2010 by jazz10]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

"27/05/2010 - 18:29:30
Marine scientists have discovered a massive new plume of what they believe to be oil deep beneath the Gulf of Mexico, stretching 22 miles (35km) from the leaking wellhead north-east towards Mobile Bay, Alabama.

The thick plume was detected just beneath the surface down to about 3,300ft (1,000m), and is more than 6 miles (9.6km) wide, said David Hollander, associate professor of chemical oceanography at the school."

source

www.breakingnews.ie...

I just read about this, will someone tell me what it means, I am not sure I understand.

Sounds like they need to send that ship with the Siphon hose over to the plume and start sucking up the oil. With satellite imaging they ought to be able to stay on the plume and suck up as much as they can before it hits the shore.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Just to correct a few misconceptions:

1) They have over 80,000 barrels of this drilling 'mud' on site, with the ability to get more. This is spread over 3-4 ships according to the BP technical report.

2) They are pumping this mud in at several times the pressure of the well, and they cannot stop until there is no oil that can seep through. So no, your analogy with the garden hose is incorrect. They are not trying to simply push this stuff into the hole. They are attaching a fire hose to your garden hose and pumping the stuff in.

3) The flow coming out of the top WILL NOT CHANGE until they stop pumping the mud (which has not stopped AT ALL), think of it like this:

You have a straw facing up and down. You are injecting this substance into the side of the straw (not the top) at an angle facing down. You are now pumping this mud into the hole, and as you are pumping it in the mud is going mostly down, but some of it will go up, simply due to the pressure of the oil and the way it is being pumped in.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

I see, thank you.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Seems 'Top Kill' isn't killing anything.

"BP had to halt its ambitious effort to plug its stricken oil well in the Gulf of Mexico on Thursday afternoon when engineers saw that too much of the drilling fluid they were injecting into the well was escaping along with the leaking crude oil."

"A technician at the BP command center said that pumping of the fluid had to be stopped temporarily while engineers were revising their plans, and that the company hoped to resume pumping by midnight, if federal officials approved."

"The technician, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to brief reporters, said the problem was not seen as serious. 'We’re still quite optimistic,' he said, but cautioned: 'It is not assured and its not a done deal yet. All of this will require some time.'"

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I am watching it live right now on channel KY 3 and it is still going just as fast as yesterday it seems to me. It must have broke back loose from betweem 11:00 am this morning. The live link says 16-15-38-(which is 4:15ct and 27-05-10...Go check it it out. here is the link....www.ky3.com...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Off topic: Has anyone seen anything talking about whether or not the flow rate of the well would be variable? I know they've had different results each day using their Insertion Tool 'straw', but would that have to do with what they were doing or from the well output??

On topic:

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
For those of you concerned that the Top Kill won't work, over in the SOLUTIONS thread we've come up with a better set of method than 'junk shot' mud. Basically feed and twist up metal wire into wherever it can be fed in, from above the BOP, while replacing the 'junk' with rare earth magnets and teflon, with large high power magnets on the outside of the BOP outlet. Then feeding in epoxy paste behind all that mess.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Beware of sleight-of-hand tricks once again.

This news may be used to make people cheer about the achievement and totally forget about that it HAPPENED and caused the biggest damage EVER to all the world in the first place.

Suddenly the spill itself moves into the background cause all will be celebrating that its closed (is this even true? and how does it make the spill "unhappen"?)

So be carefull, and say "so #ing what that its closed, why had it had to happen in the first place and whos heads are going to roll for this, and how are we to deal with the desaster" instead

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
They couldn't plug the leak....

This just hit the wire -

Setback delays 'top kill' effort to seal leak

Here it comes folks.... the bull#*it that is.

New post on this started here.

~Namaste

[edit on 27-5-2010 by SonOfTheLawOfOne]

[edit on 27-5-2010 by SonOfTheLawOfOne]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

yeah completly stopped.....

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
so they stop the spill?

either way the damage is done to the nature

blog.gulflive.com...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Update on Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill - 27 May
"Top kill" operations continued over the night and are ongoing. There are no significant events to report at this time. BP will provide updates on progress as appropriate.

This is what BP has on their website. BP.com

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Doug Suttles of BP just apologized on CNN for not informing the public about the topkill stoppage!

I am beginning to believe this was to manipulate the stock price and would not be surprised to find out BP is short on their own stock!!

I hope the SEC is watching this closely!!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Has it been stopped ????

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AndersonLee

No. They stopped pumping the mud 18 hours ago.

~Namaste

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Look at the size of this sea turtle ?

blog.gulflive.com...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Perhaps it is time to change the title of the thread because now we know "top kill" unfortunately failed, and oil is still pouring out.

Told you when they claimed there was a 60-70% chance of it working the percentage was actually 40-50% chance of it working if not smaller.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

No, it is an illusion, you are seeing lighter colored mud because the ROV's light is directed to that mud, but the darker mud has less light hence it appears darker.

Here look at this photo again.

Look at the rocks under the lighter colored mud, and look at the rock under the dark colored mud.

I could be wrong but they are seen in different colors because one has more light directed at it than the other dark colored mud.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Uggghhh, maybe you should have said...look at the size of this DEAD seaturtle.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join