It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another prediction come true

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Sorry chief the bible was written by man which means it is subject to many opinions and perspectives. However like most historical scripts none of it is meant to be taken literally but instead try to decode the accounts of what these people were really trying to say. I must say though I thought that people would have figured this out a long time ago.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by linux2216

This same website you source uses the word "rapture" quite often. I find that odd since no version of the bible that I have ever seen used the word "rapture".

Also I see no proof of claim #5. The website just makes a random claim and leaves it at that. Where are they getting the idea that "The Christian church at the time of the end would be lukewarm, neither cold nor hot for Jesus. It would be asleep." is true or untrue?

#6 conveniently talks about the ways people have acted since the beginning of time. People were likely acting this very way when man wrote this book.

There are plenty of contradictions in the bible. Your website tries to show how the bible must be true because of their claims. How can it be true and contradict itself in so many ways at the same time?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PositivelyDetermined
Sorry chief the bible was written by man which means it is subject to many opinions and perspectives. However like most historical scripts none of it is meant to be taken literally but instead try to decode the accounts of what these people were really trying to say. I must say though I thought that people would have figured this out a long time ago.

If you have ever tried to sit down and decode what the bible is trying to say, you would understand people's confusion. The book often says one thing and shortly there after will say the complete opposite of that, occasionally even in the same "book"/"gospel". This literally happens through the entire bible. The problem then, is that anyone who so chooses, can pick and take which parts he likes or doesn't like and claim that he is following the "word of god".

Thomas Jefferson for instance took all the parts he liked and made the Jefferson Bible. www.angelfire.com...

That was his personal "decoding". Yet someone else with a different agenda could easily come along and point to all the war and killing in the bible and make his own book.

If God would have just spelled out the morals of his fables for us like Aesop did it would be much easier for people to agree on what the bible says. Unfortunately, the infallible God did not see fit to do so. No wonder so many christians have so many different ideas about what the "truth" is.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Even a broken Clock...

Is right twice a day...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I was born and raised Christian Methodist and I'm 37. I have had my times of doubt and more questions that no one can answer except to say 'have faith'. Well, my only question of it all is simple:

A man does good to others, doesn't lie, cheat, steal, swear, etc, believes in God, takes Jesus as his Savior and goes to Heaven.

A man is evil to others, lies, cheats, steals, murders, rapes, tortures, doesn't believe in God or etc and goes to hell. Makes sense. Okay.

A man does good to others, doesn't lie, cheat, steal, swear, etc, but since he does NOT take Jesus as his Savior or believe in God he then goes to hell?

>_>
excuse me but..... what the #???? That is THE one reason why I tend to wonder at all of this. "you're good and believe in me, go have fun. you're evil and don't believe in me, burn in hell. you're good but don't believe in me, go burn in hell."

Really nice. Reallllly nice. So even if you're the best person in the world, if you don't believe in God and Jesus, you're doomed? I can NOT believe that and will NOT believe that. It basically means God is a dick who wants only those who believe in him to have a great after life. Too bad to those do gooders who happen to be atheist or any other religion or non religion.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by idontKNOWanything

Originally posted by PositivelyDetermined

If you have ever tried to sit down and decode what the bible is trying to say, you would understand people's confusion. The book often says one thing and shortly there after will say the complete opposite of that, occasionally even in the same "book"/"gospel". This literally happens through the entire bible. The problem then, is that anyone who so chooses, can pick and take which parts he likes or doesn't like and claim that he is following the "word of god".

Thomas Jefferson for instance took all the parts he liked and made the Jefferson Bible. www.angelfire.com...

That was his personal "decoding". Yet someone else with a different agenda could easily come along and point to all the war and killing in the bible and make his own book.

If God would have just spelled out the morals of his fables for us like Aesop did it would be much easier for people to agree on what the bible says. Unfortunately, the infallible God did not see fit to do so. No wonder so many christians have so many different ideas about what the "truth" is.

Awesome reply here. I haven't seen anything more truthful and to the point of what really just may be the entire dilemma of it all.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cor Leonis

Now I wonder, who might post here too confirm whether or not this to be truth.

well it wont be god as he thinks people who take things literally and without proof aren't worth taking an interest in. if hes realand if...IF...he wrote the the bible, then he did it to mark out the dull and easily led and draw their attention away from the things that matter like science and true philosophy and stop them sticking their noses into what everybody else is doing.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Wow, what a self serving post. I am usually not a negative poster but what is with

"What will be the arguement by those explaining why it was not believed? " and such.

You're gonna feel silly if the Koran is really the word of God and not the bible, aren't ya?

Whoops! What if it is the Torah?

It is great that you have found faith and something to believe in but please keep you Bible thumping and fear mongering to your self and similar believers.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Thank You Deborah-Moses for your vote of confidence.

I think I will start another thread to see how many snakes are in the grass!

Thanks to all for your input!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cor Leonis
It is amazing to me how many there are who scoff at the Bible.

To me that seems very dangerous to put themselves at odds with the Author of life.

It is predicted that in the last days there will be scoffers who would be walking after their own lusts.

"Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts," (2 Peter 3:3)

The question is, what if all that is declared in the Bible is true? What will be the arguement by those explaining why it was not believed?

I predict that in these last days, that lawlessness will increase and more and more will continue down this dangerous road of mocking the Christian and scoffing at the Bible.

wow lawlessness will increase ..since 1 ad every generation can claim that special prediction. Scoffers walking after their own lusts...Now here is where the rubber hits the road.
Bear in mind the time frame that this letter was written ...like 20AD and each of Jesus's deciples were men of the faith of Jerusulem...Jews. They followed the faith and sabbath. If you don't follow the sabbath then you are part of the lawless and since population increases so does the lawlessness.

The Hebrew god is an aweful and demanding blood thirsty god. How anyone that has done real research of all of the documents known to mankind can think otherwise is beyond me.

Oh yea faith...the I got ya clause. In the military we call that the catch all general law.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by awakentired]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Thank you AWAKENTIRED! for posting the original. See you all down the road!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PositivelyDetermined

I dare and challenge all that currently belive this to read a coupld of books ...unless using your mind is forbidden by your god.

1. Bloodline of the Holy GRail...by Laurence Gardner
2. Holy blood Holy grail...Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh and Henry Lincoln.

As Jesus Said You shall know the truth and the TRUTH shall set you free!!!
I was a Christian ..I abstain from thieir teachings now.. because I know the truth and I am FREE after nearly a lifetime of searching!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Cor Leonis

I sincerely hopy you do.
The path I'm on not many have taken and not many can fathom it. I just hope to help

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

That is because GOD didn't write the bible. Men had conferences on what the bible should contain.. Now put this into the NOW..how much would any of your "christians " blindly accept what a group of people that can be politically motivated or , hate to say, financially motivated editing of the "holy Bible" It happened 3 times acording to my research ..mabe more.

Mabe the good stuff was left out due to "national security" reasons.. Like the freedom of information act.. Why would anyone think that things woure more honest when people still wear skin and bleed blood and want the best of what life can offer> This is Universal and no translation can change it.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It is amazing
When the bible gives the ways in
While millions forget to bless him

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

It is not just people that are so dam bad you know! Have you ever watched the poor caraboo run in pain as they are eaten alive by skeeters like saucers! Have you seen the how disease is passed into a sweet helpless deer by "gods' beloved creation... the tick. The whole dang mess around us has to be part of this if you believe god created you! Did all the other creatures he made sin? He didn't say so, why does he make them suffer! Please don't answer that and take your answers from a book that truely can answer everything if you so desire and nothing if you truely read it with no preconceived notions. there is wisdom in some remarks some insight, so there were some interesting authors and some crazy ones too or at least imaginative as all get out!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

IF you really really believe this...then go sell all you have and give it to the poor.
Have you stopped doing X-mas knowing it is a lie and NOT Jesus' B-Day? have you stopped having copies of anything on the earth in the heavens etc...idols? Everyone harps on believing the bible but its no fun if you really listen and DO. Just easier to say, I believe so I am saved.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Char-Lee, Look, I am like you, I hate the fallen state that the universe has found itself in from the onset by the disobediance of one. Thank God for the obediance of one as well. All things will soon be accomplished and as stated earlier, the last enemy to be destroyed is death. Come quickly Lord Yeshua!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The Davidic line that Jesus "Had " to be born from suffered more than most in this religion..Mom.who passed the Davidic line to Jesus...yes was matrinacle heredity in those days...and Dad were , due to special rules to those in the Davidic line, supposed to get engaged ..when the time of year was right they would marry..for first time...during this "first marriage" she was called what is translated as a virgin..If she didnt conceive then the marriage was annulled and she could mary again..So the "virgin" conception is not what is taught.

Once you learn about the culture and words / phrases that were used then and why then you are given a chance to understand what was written in the Bible collection of letters.

Imagine an archeologist or linguist trying to decifer a person's remarks " Go Dog you Rock hit us again with that sheeit"

This human is defamed twice and asked that he defficate on the audience.. The society worshiped nothing but sheeit.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by awakentired]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Originally posted by fizzy1
oh how wonderful i am being attacked and called a crack head by a god fearing all loving christian. WOOT! .... I might have stated it incorrectly and not to your liking but then again(puff) i was taking a hit from my bong so excuse me for not getting it right.

Ah! Crack might be more mind-expanding, while that cannabis bowl you've got there might be the source of your problems. I mean, I've smoked good and great weed in my time, as well as lousy. In every instance of consumption, every instance, I felt not so much high as I felt clouded, but not omniscient... The imbibing of chemical smoke to elicit holy visions is a very ancient tradition, dating back to who knows when.

— Doc Velocity

Wow i cant even believe i am responding to this. I was being sarcastic. I am at work when i am on ATS so no bong and i dont really do drugs. I read. I read alot. So there is the way in which i expand my mind and religion is one subject i am quite well read on especially the bible.

[edit on 5/26/2010 by Doc Velocity]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join