It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another prediction come true

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cor Leonis
The question is, what if all that is declared in the Bible is true? What will be the arguement by those explaining why it was not believed?

It's impossible for all that is declared in the Bible to be true because IT CONTRADICTS ITSELF!

Even the twelve apostles can't agree on who the twelve apostles were or what Jesus' last words were, or even what it said over his head on the cross!

If a person, Christian or other, sits down and actually studies the Bible with out faith-colored glasses he or she will find there are a LOT of errors in it.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cor Leonis
It is amazing to me how many there are who scoff at the Bible.

To me that seems very dangerous to put themselves at odds with the Author of life.

It is predicted that in the last days there will be scoffers who would be walking after their own lusts.

"Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts," (2 Peter 3:3)

The question is, what if all that is declared in the Bible is true? What will be the arguement by those explaining why it was not believed?

I predict that in these last days, that lawlessness will increase and more and more will continue down this dangerous road of mocking the Christian and scoffing at the Bible.

Actually this prediction did not originate with me, it is what the Bible declares will be happening in the last days.

Now I wonder, who might post here too confirm whether or not this to be truth.

It is 100% true.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

It has been said that it is virtually impossible for anyone to make 11 straight predictions, 2000 years into the future. There is only one chance in 8 x 10 to the 63rd power, or 80 with 63 zeros after it that such a thing could be done. If such a set of predictions existed, it would have to be the Word of God.

Consider, could you write eleven straight predictions that would take place in the year 4000 A.D.? Include the rebirth of a specific nation and how it would be reborn. Include specific nations that would exist, certain nations that would be allied together, and the exact size of a nation’s army. Include what the people and church would be like. Also include the names of actual cities and fruit trees that would exist. Do eleven straight prophecies and be exactly correct on every single one. The Bible not only does this eleven times, but hundreds of times with absolute, perfect accuracy. If this is so, even the most skeptical person (that is truthful) would have to agree that there is indeed a God and the Bible has to be His Word.

Source

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by linux2216

Thats a
a bible site that claims the bible is true and is the word of god

I would never have thought that would happen.

So give us a count down of the top 11 predictions then

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
II Timothy 3:1-5,7 "But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of god; holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."

This is one of my favorite bible quotes...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

The source link in my previous post brings you to the page with those 11 predictions described. Scroll down to almost the halfway point of the page and you'll see them numbered. I'd quote them but the essay is very long. However, even you, my brother, are mentioned.

Peace.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by myeyeshavseen
II Timothy 3:1-5,7 "But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of god; holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."

Yes and some MEN have been like that from the begining of history it may be a quote but it lists so many things you have a good chance of getting it right a bit like a side show mind reader list as many things as possible and something will register.

Please notice that I said SOME MEN and NOT ALL.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by Doc Velocity

So you think the self-contradictions of the Bible are because God is ineffective and mysteriously random rather than logical? You don't think it more likely the book was penned by flawed primitive men?

So God is allowed to be both patently evil (child murderer), illogical and all-good all-loving and all-knowing? If a perfect God writes a perfect book I expect it to be perfect but the Bible has logical inconsistencies, self-contradictions, a horrifyingly evil moral code (involving killing children that talk back, people that work on the Sabbath and women who aren't virgins when they get married) and scientific and historical inaccuracies.

The flaws in the Bible are the result of the stories therein being written by men.

no, my guess is that he thinks the contradictions of the bible are there as a construct of human fallibility and a limited understanding of what those perceived contradictions actually are.

That any man thinks that he understands the nature of reality well enough to state there are any contradictions in anything is an indication of how close humanity is to self destruction out of an irrational belief of mankinds infallibility...

Jaden

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Lets have a look at one how about number 2

2. Israel shall be brought forth in one day, at once-

Whats actually said in 2 versions of the bible.

Isaiah 66:8 (King James Version)

8Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day?
or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

Isaiah 66:8 (New International Version)

8 Who has ever heard of such a thing?
Who has ever seen such things?
Can a country be born in a day
or a nation be brought forth in a moment?
Yet no sooner is Zion in labor
than she gives birth to her children.

Two versions of the bible and neither quotes it as its claimed on the site
funny that dont you think.

I spot some lies being told DONT YOU!

Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? Not Israel
Can a country be born in a day. Not Israel

Like I said I will have a look the others but I expect to see the same twisting of words to be seen to follow the agenda of the bible site

In fact if you look here dont see any that matches whats claimed

bible.cc...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by myeyeshavseen

Yes and some MEN have been like that from the begining of history it may be a quote but it lists so many things you have a good chance of getting it right a bit like a side show mind reader list as many things as possible and something will register.

Please notice that I said SOME MEN and NOT ALL.

There may be alot of words listed in this quote, to your point about covering all you will likely get something right.

However, despite the amout of words used there is an obvious point being made. Some have been this way through out history, but only recently have all of these things combined increased to the degree that the term "society" is used to describe man's current place.

You hear it all the time...... and can see it happening before your eyes.

Not that long ago, most kids respected their elders and in particular their parents. They did what they were told and what was expected and never talked back or protested. Nowadays it is "normal" or "expected" for kids to talk back, to disrespect, they have an unearned sense of entitlement, they are ungrateful.

Technology like texting/emailing, facebook youtube etc. has enabled the spread of gossip, malicious attacks against the vunerable, the spread of debauchery through the internet and so much more.

The economy has crashed because of greed, people wanting everything even without being able to pay(credit) Wall street et al. Its all there as plain as day.

Pop culture/music/fashion/hollywood etc. is propped up like deity through all media. The so called "stars" dictate how our children should be, how they should grow up and act. Parents (as a group)have failed and allowed this to take place, letting TV and corporate interests raise their children.

Morality is disappearing fast and getting no help from a growing hatred of religion in the general population. More and more question religion and god, and the message of christ and others like him is being lost and replaced by science, technology, media, money.

We are approaching the point, where we say....... we dont need god, we are fine without him. What has he done for me lately, does he even exist? And doubt is born...........

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
their is no "author of life" , esspecialy when the bible is concerned, as it was not written by an "author" but more many authors who's writings were then combined to creat the book we know now.

end of days , end time, the end of an age does not mean the end of the world, it refers to the end of an Age which is atrologicial in meaning.

When you predict thousands of things, then 2000 years pass after their wrighting, your BOUND to have some coincidences!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
You are all arguing over nonsense!! Don't you know the mormon religion is right!! I mean damn who wouldn't want to have multiple wives and follow a dude with a bad ass name like Brigham Young!!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
@ Doc Velocity , you will soon realize that the bible as you know it is largely poorly translated, misunderstood quite often, is missing many books that could have been included, and the old testament was NOT penned in Greek or Hebrew.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The Bible should be seen more as a script that the elites follow in my opinion. Christians will never do anything to prevent a future they do not want, because they believe its meant to be. They believe life is predetermined by a book, and that God gets his kicks from killing sinners and saving believers... and that good Christians are special and will be spared, naturally.

Too bad, you guys could help to actually do something otherwise if you wouldn't have your heads in the clouds. Your religion makes you completely passive. Praying doesn't change the world. Inspiration, good leaders, a drive to want something different.... those are the things that change the world.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Has anyone read the book of Mormon?? Yes, I know it isnt part of the BIBLE, but it does shed some light to those who believe in 'God'.

There's a part where it says many pieces of the original bible were removed as to confuse the people. It says that if those missing pieces were still a part of the bible today, we would understand and believe that we were created by God.

I claim no religion... My goal is to research and study all religions and all versions of the bible for my own reasons.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
their is no "author of life" , esspecialy when the bible is concerned, as it was not written by an "author" but more many authors who's writings were then combined to creat the book we know now.

True. WE, are the authors of life. Every one who has ever lived, since the beginning of time, (We can all agree that there had to be a beginning, right?) have all had a part in documenting or participating in the "story" of the world.

In my non-religious opinion, I believe the bible to be a history book. Of course over the years much of the bible has been omitted or re-written so naturally the way we read it now, isn't the way it was originally meant to be read.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Except that Biblical prophecy is often vague or self-fulfilled. For instance someone once tried to convince me the prophecies of the Jews returning to Israel from all four corners of the Earth was a fulfilled prophecy but

1) not all Jews have returned

and

2) Many are likely aware of that prophecy and could, whether consciously or subconsciously, fulfill it, this is known as a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I've yet to see a 100% specific prophecy come true whether from the Bible or any other source.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by fizzy1

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Here's a way to put it so that simpletons can understand:

You'd love to win the lottery and quit your crappy job.

So, you can do one of two things. You can convince yourself that there's no way you'd ever get that lucky, so you never buy a ticket. OR, you could believe that there is a chance, that some asshat always wins, so why can't it be you, and you buy a ticket every week.

Maybe not the strongest analogy I've ever come up with, but the point is, you gotta be in it to win it. It makes no sense to go through life having convinced yourself that there is no God when there just might be. Then what are you going to do if you're wrong? You're not going to be in very good standing, are you?

I'd rather believe and be wrong. And I mean believe, not pretend to believe just in case. And if the athiest is right and everything fades to black, they won't be able to gloat anyway, so what is the point?

wow this is such horse apples i dont even know where to begin. Seriously you belive this crap? I should believe in god just to be on the safe side? ROFLMAO!!!! OMG wow. dont you think that if the bible is correct and god is real and all that jazz that he knows the difference. This is exactly what i was posting before this. Jesus claims he will know the difference and send those away in the end claiming he knew them not. LOL. Ok so yuo go on REALLY believing and i mean REALLY believing to cover your arse.
As for me i would rather question and not believe and live my life my way and not out of fear of something to come that the so called loving warm fuzzy christians whom have given me nothing but crap all my life want me to believe. f their god is real he hasnt donemuch for them except make them a bunch of elitist asshats.

Must be you haven't attained simpleton intelligence. I'd really lay into you here, but reading through the posts, it seems that others have done the job for me already. Replying as you did for stating my OPINION is really classy, Jack. You sound a lot like a narcissistic know-it-all. You're right and everyone else is wrong, is that it?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
its like watching a dog chase its tail.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Prediction: By tomorrow this thread will still be going in the direction of endless babbling, arguing and ridicule since people never concede their beliefs to the other side.

We'll see if it comes true by then...I'll be keeping an eye out.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join